Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - IS THIS COALITION'S IDEA TO STOP SABOTAGE AT NYC PARTIES?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IS THIS COALITION'S IDEA TO STOP SABOTAGE AT NYC PARTIES?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: IS THIS COALITION'S IDEA TO STOP SABOTAGE AT NYC PARTIES? Reply with quote Back to top

One of the promoters from the NYC PROMOTERS COALITION had this to say about what took place last night in NYC with the 3 band party.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Sa COALITION ka fe to STOP BS like this?
RESHKA: "Firstly Pat I'm so sorry for all affected by this. Our goal pat is to create an environment where all can come together and do better. Se divizyon Ki Fe Bagay sa fet. Si weekend nan te pi byen planifye bagay sa yo pa tap fet. Trop competition nan yon maket ki déjà fragile."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are you saying that the plan is to NOT have 2 or more parties happening in any particular weekend?
RESHKA: "Pa, 3 parties happening the same day is not beneficial for none."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kompa-a-Gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! I am shocked that his solution is to downsizing. Was that the message that they wanted to convey or send out to people? Tell Klass, Nu-Look and T-Vice to stay grounded in South Florida on Labor Day weekend? Don't even tell us that the market don't have enough people to attend three parties in one day. I have friends of mine who went out Friday and Sunday; so afer trop parties misye ap paler lar se radot.

Solution an se better sekirite, kite moun antre nan backdoor san yo pa tcheke ap toujou yon'n nan koz yo. Jus paske yon moun se zanmi ak groupies jazz ougen tretman special dwe fini. Kiyes ki pou di nou si se pa jus yon incident de yon fanatik ki vle kraze jazz ou promoter kap fe sa.

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess from his response it's all about
the promoters so the public can't choose
which party to attend anymore wow

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HappyMax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very ugly behaviors. The worst inner sides of us Haitians especially in a not too healthy HMI.

Who to blame? I can't pinpoint one sector for sure, but there is added pressure on all promoters by all the top bands to show great bal numbers.

Back in the days, a band will get his $5000 and come play his ass off and be done with it. Now the promoters have to come up with the money and the numbers too for bragging rights.

What we are seeing now are plain dirty tricks by/between promoters, by/between die-hard fans and groupies (Gas, Social media fake alerts of bal cancellation, fake text messages, snitches calling 911, 4chif.com versus piscine obsession) added with the extra hands-on we noticed by the bands managers/owners/maestros in marketing a successful party especially for the post advertising). That is becoming slowly the new cancer of the HMI.

Our musicians are all social media addicts (they have the time for it before bals, at the airports, home chilling...) they are humans, they are not showing signs of being immune to all the kiss-asses and abuses the fans have access to now behind a PC, tablet, and smart phone. In fact they are in the middle of the in-fighting. Case of the social media used wrongly. That is what we do as Haitians (Use something good for the wrong reasons and bet on the fact that we do not have thick skins by nature). Comme on fait son lit, on se couche

I am hoping this bad trends will stop now as this will continue to bring down the HMI to its knees and will affect our musicians livelihood

This coalition of promoters may have its justification. They can redefine/tweak the game and push away a few pressures and work together. If i read RESHKA's first answer, we can have 6 bals together if united. Where is that coalition of bands and musicians we heard a few months back in Miami?

Then again, when was the last time the word united rhymes with Haitians. That is the million dollar question

"Houston, we have a problem"

Kompa-a-Gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HappyMax you're 100% right; you'll find these fanatics applauding their stinky behavior. They did it to Klass this weekend in Houston too. You can see the amount of hate in their comments on social media as they tried to boycott a party. Shame on them. Gen yon seri de moun ki panse se yo selman ki gen monopol industri a nan main yo,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: