Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ARLY LARIVIERE'S STATE OF THE NU LOOK KINGDOM ADDRESS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ARLY LARIVIERE'S STATE OF THE NU LOOK KINGDOM ADDRESS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: ARLY LARIVIERE'S STATE OF THE NU LOOK KINGDOM ADDRESS! Reply with quote Back to top

KM spoke to ARLY LARIVIERE today to get his take on upcoming NU LOOK happenings in the kingdom. Here are a few things that we spoke about.

*ARLY ON WHAT'S NEXT: "Right now we are good in terms of the booking of the band, so we are just observing. In terms of Haiti, our Summer tour is already solid. As a matter of fact our reps Pipo and Guyto are getting so many requests for Nu Look that we considered starting the tour during the last week of July. That is something that we have never done, so we'll see. Just look out also for a few surprises that we have in the works."

*ARLY ON NEW CD POSSIBILITY"In terms of a new CD, we certainly do NOT feel any pressure for that because we have a CD that is working well; and also because NU LOOK is a band that has a huge repertoire, we don't ever feel the need to rush a CD out. We always get complaints from fans telling us that we should play the old songs as much as we play the new songs; so in that sense, we are ok. Also we have songs like "BUSTED", "LAME SOEUR" that we have yet to start playing, as well as "Nos Indifferences", and "Champagne" that we have barely touched; so we still have material on our CD that we need to explore."

*ARLY ON "PRESSURE" FROM OTHER BANDS: "I have never been one to believe that I have to rush in the studio to put a CD out just because a band or other bands have a cd out themselves; whether they are doing well or not. I don't believe in that, and I have always been that way. I always believe in letting bands that have new material out, to HAVE THEIR TIME to let the CD do what it has or needs to do. It's all about letting the public consume the different materials that are out there on the market. I believe that it is the best way for the market to operate."

*LONGEST NU LOOK WENT IN BETWEEN CDS: "I do believe that the longest we went in between new albums was when we had LOVING YOU, as well as when we did the ABO CD. 3 years was the time frame I believe. I am not saying that is what we are going to do here; I was just answering your question."

*ESTABLISHING THE BRAND: "I had to release the CONFIRMATION CD when I did because we had a new singer whose identity we wanted to establish after so many years of having Gazzman as the identity in terms of voice of the group. I also had to release this last one because I was trying to establish myself Arly Lariviere as the voice/lead singer of the band. Even before I released the CD, ALAN CAVE was telling me that I DID NOT NEED to release a new CD because the last CD Confirmation was still working...but I had to do it to establish very clearly that KING ARLY was the voice/face/lead singer of Nu Look. To this day in the Antilles and elsewhere, songs like A QUI LA FAUTE and WASN'T MEANT TO BE are still very popular, which is an indication that they still had mileage on them."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

HappyMax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too narrow minded for me. A booked summer tour in Haiti..yadadi yadada Nothing new, anybody could made such statements. The state of the "union"...I mean Nulook sounded like the work of a soldier....not "King like" talk.

Need to know more: how do you see the coming year for NuLook and the HMI, should we scratch Nulook-Klass, Nulook-Disip. Is the king going to approach others to make the HMI better? how about touching the karnaval incident in Haiti?...

Oh well..I was looking for Vision...Pwoblem Pwoblem Pwoblem

RICKY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kingdom nan anfonm e an santé.. promoteur yo rinmin jan djaz la ranpli club yo Cool

e gin bagay ki gin pou tonbe tale.. djaz la ap travay

blacktrump

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So they goin to let KLASS drop and after a year and half
Maybe a rematch ...this KING is running like he's CHICKEN..

owen1055

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is a good strategy to me. I think is another that never let other bands dictate when they put their CD out. As much as the lst cd was amazing I still think need even a better cd next time.

joudre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When it comes to strategies ... THE KING, Arly Lariviere is a cold blooded, a calculated serial one man wrecking crew!

Arly se sèl mizisyen ki pa janm pè sakrifyé le present pou li ka posédé le futur!
Formule sa ap maché pou king nan dès le debut..
Zam fatal misyeu itilizé pou li atenn objektif sa se REZIYASYON ak PASYANS!

YOU SEE HOW THOSE KLASS FANS ARE ABOUT TO LOSE THEIR MINDS calling the king lach, blah blah.. But in reality it's because they are itching for a rematch and the king won't give it to them when they really want it!

Let's just put it like this.. Arly is the present MONEY FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF KONPA..

When that Nu look/klass happens again.. Arly will be holding all the cards weather the other party wants it or not!

WE PROBABLY HAVE THE GREATEST MIND IN KONPA HISTORY right under our nose!

shah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[b]When it comes to strategies ... THE KING, Arly Lariviere is a cold blooded, a calculated serial one man wrecking crew!

Arly se sèl mizisyen ki pa janm pè sakrifyé le present pou li ka posédé le futur!
Formule sa ap maché pou king nan dès le debut..
Zam fatal misyeu itilizé pou li atenn objektif sa se REZIYASYON ak PASYANS!

YOU SEE HOW THOSE KLASS FANS ARE ABOUT TO LOSE THEIR MINDS calling the king lach, blah blah.. But in reality it's because they are itching for a rematch and the king won't give it to them when they really want it!

Let's just put it like this.. Arly is the present MONEY FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF KONPA..

When that Nu look/klass happens again.. Arly will be holding all the cards weather the other party wants it or not!

@ Joudre

Sometimes, people talk just for the sake of talking not really saying anything at all."If Arly is the present MONEY FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF KONPA" as you stated, why so many members of his kingdom leave NL and others are about to leave and complaining just for financial reasons? SMH!!!

WE PROBABLY HAVE THE GREATEST MIND IN KONPA HISTORY right under our nose! Really?

When that Nu look/klass happens again.. Arly will be holding all the cards weather (whether) the other party wants it or not!

Last time I checked, every Klass event is packed. Don't be the spoke person for the kingdom, state some facts as well.

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nu look is doing extremely well so there is no rush for them to drop a cd. The same goes for Klass.

These 2 bands should feel no pressure dropping a cd soon. If Klass wants to drop their album in May that's THEIR CHOICE. Don't call Arly a chicken because he doesn't want to drop a cd soon... C'mon now...

The reality is this: no one thought that Nu look would do so well with Arly as the only vocalist on a Nu look cd. When that worked, they expected him to fail miserably as a frotnman, but he didn't. The last nail in the coffin was what went down at the Amazura. No one saw that one coming but it's in the books now. If I were in Nu look I wouldn't rush to play with Klass too. That's business. Klass would have done the same too. Kombyen fwa Djakout jwe ak T-vice compared to how long they've been in polemic? I think it's it's twice in about 6 years...

I'm a HUGE Nu look fan so m'kontan ampil pou djaz mwen. Bottom line they're doing very well and no one can say otherwise.

joudre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a reason why I refrain myself from quoting people here...

It does 2 things to you..
You fail to state your personal opinion, and you get caught in some stupid web of misinterpretations and misdirection, courtesy of some "IGNANT" posters!

First of all..

Every band in the industry loses musicians. Some quit, and some are deliberately relieved from their professional duties! Tvice, kreyol la, klass, zenglen, disip, djakout, carimi.. It's the nature of the business!

So what's the big deal?

My personal opinion stem from ARLY's ANSWER TO KM!
That he is no rush to drop new material!
Whether you want to admit it or not.. The man is a calculated machine..
He pays more attention to the nature of this business than you think..
He observe the ups and downs of this market more than anyone else!
He is not greedy in a sense that he is going to do something just because..
Other bands panick when another fierce competitor is about to make noise..
Arly sees it another way.. He lets you enjoy your shine.. While he is in the background working.. So that when its his turn he solely occupy the spotllight
And it's almost like he tempting you into panicking when it's his turn! And if you do panick.. YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!
Remember when disip came out? ARLY waited almost a year and a half before droping confirmation and immediately seize the spotlight
Samething when pipo left.. The man waited almost a full year before dropping I GOT THIS.. And now is probably at the top of this HMI

I remain convinced that Arly knows exactly when he is going to drop his next album, and I remain convinced that he knows exactly what is going to happen!

So far he has been mile ahead of every one!

joudre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Noupapemoun wrote:
Nu look is doing extremely well so there is no rush for them to drop a cd. The same goes for Klass.

These 2 bands should feel no pressure dropping a cd soon. If Klass wants to drop their album in May that's THEIR CHOICE. Don't call Arly a chicken because he doesn't want to drop a cd soon... C'mon now...

The reality is this: no one thought that Nu look would do so well with Arly as the only vocalist on a Nu look cd. When that worked, they expected him to fail miserably as a frotnman, but he didn't. The last nail in the coffin was what went down at the Amazura. No one saw that one coming but it's in the books now. If I were in Nu look I wouldn't rush to play with Klass too. That's business. Klass would have done the same too. Kombyen fwa Djakout jwe ak T-vice compared to how long they've been in polemic? I think it's it's twice in about 6 years...

I'm a HUGE Nu look fan so m'kontan ampil pou djaz mwen. Bottom line they're doing very well and no one can say otherwise.

My thought exactly Noupa
Klass ak tout fanatik li yo ap fè yon bann move san pou gran mesi..

That's where my FLOYD MONEY MAYWEATHER ANALOGY COME FROM..
Arly will play this until he gets what he wants!
Klass would love to play NU LOOK TODAY..
and ARLY WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN AND RIGHTFULLY SO FOR BUSINESS REASONS!
At this moment.. Klass is in Manny pacquiao position.. And Arly is in TMT position!
MANNY wants the fight for monetary reasons and for bragging rights.. Floyd just want to get as mich as he can get for out of this fight.. Money, power and immortality...
Klass wants to reclaim their bragging rights, arly is in no rush to give it to them.. And in the process he holds all the cards..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: