Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KREZI: ARE THEY ABOUT TO CHANGE THEIR MUSICAL DIRECTION?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KREZI: ARE THEY ABOUT TO CHANGE THEIR MUSICAL DIRECTION?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yayad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: KREZI: ARE THEY ABOUT TO CHANGE THEIR MUSICAL DIRECTION? Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Is KREZI about to change their musical direction to play more of a KONPA KREYOL style?

My sources tell me that maestro DAVID DUPOUX has been "TEASING" that idea to a couple of people, and there are many who would be extremely happy if he were to go back to that style, or at least to something closer to it.

KREZI has had a few complaints that they play too much hardcore compas NU LOOK/ZENGLEN style, and that they feel as if maestro DAVID DUPOUX has gone too far away from his bread and butter KONPA KREYOL STYLE that used to drive many fans crazy with those solo keyboards...of course we can't exclude the fact that he had the other guys on the team as well.

Will DAVIDOFF make the change? Is the "REAL" DAVIDOFF about to take KREZI's musical direction to what it used to be WITH KONPA KREYOL?....A SUIVRE!

KM!

FLAVOR KOMPA KREYOL LA SE DAVID, TI JOE, AVEK LOULOU. LAP TRE DIFISIL POU OKINN LOT KOMBINASYON JWE FLAVOR SA. LIGNE KOD YO SUTOU! SON KOD KOMPA KREYOL LA SE NAN MIN LOULOU LI YE.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BON, GOING BACK LA DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! THE PAST IS THE PAST! ALSO, GOING BACK TO HIS OLD DAYS IS NOT GOING TO TRANSLANTE INTO NEW FANS OR BETTER COMPAS!
I THINK HE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON MAKING KREZI A BETTER BAND WITH A NEW SOUND, NOT THE OLD ONE. OR HE CAN COMBINE THE OLD AND THE NEW TOGETHER!
I DO NOT KNOW Shocked Confused

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KREZI STILL KA TOUNEN POU LAL PRAN POUL NAN LE PASE, BUT VINI AK YON TI ORIGINALITE AP PI BON, PRAN EZANP SOU CARIMI AK HARMONIK. EPI TOU NEXT SINGER KREZI A PA GEN DWA AL KOPYE SOU LOT CHANTEUR, CHECHE ORIGINALITE PA NOU.

LOT BAGAY JAZ LA ON TI JAN TWO LOU TOU, SO RETIRE YON TI PWA LADANN EPI NOU KA TOUNEN NAN BIZNIS.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

ti-manmi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stop focussing on what the other DOES and focuss on what YOU WANT TO DO ...

THAT HAS BEEN KREZY PROBLEM FROM THE GET GO!

freeda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Actually there is nothing wrong with playing pure compas direct...but at the same time...those that love PURE compas direct need to realize that THEY are not the only ones who listen to Haitian music....

Having said that Kafou calling the style of music that KONPA KREYOL used to play "MEDIOCRE"...That says a lot...A lot of people sure would disagree with you based on how popular Konpa Kreyol was when they broke up. Mwen ta souhaite fanatic Konpa Kreyol yo find it in their hearts to excuse Kafou for his statement.

KM!

as the lord had said ,,forgive them therefore they dont know what they are doing,,,,,so we can forgive him,,,
but this ignoring comment can not be acknowledged because anyone with a functional brain will not call the music konpa kreyol used to play ''MEDIOCRE''..cause this band up to know is still alive in many fans hearts.....so think before talking

as far as krezi they need to find their own identity and leave konpa kreyol format at piece,,they are the reason why this band is no longer around,,now they hit rock bottom ,,they need konpa kreyol format to revive them,,,,find your own identity,,,,,,,remember the used to say that kreyolla was using konpa kreyolla format,,,,so find your own root,

Silans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually David has been going to back his roots for months now...

Just listen to any recent bals of Krezi Mizik, you can feel David from Konpa Kreyol...

I am definitely enjoying the comeback...I never understood why he went in another direction. That's the way I like Davidoff

mistergentle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be quite unhappy if Davidoff would transform Krezi into a Konpa Kreyol kind of band. He dared to be different from the other guys, and it worked for him and his band. They are playing a truly awesome style.

One of the things that work for Krezi is the fact that they are different from their rival, Kreyol La.

Kreyol La already has the Konpa Kreyol stamp all over it, musically speaking. If Davidoff desann pantalon l', al fe djaz la sonnen tankou Konpa Kreyol, it would be a disaster, in my book.

Davidoff needs to understand that there's nothing wrong with being different. The last thing he needs right now is having Krezi sounding exactly the same way their adversary (Kreyol La) does.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MISTER GENTLE

KREYOL LA has a style of their own...they do NOT sound like Konpa Kreyol.

KM!

k-lito

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
MISTER GENTLE

KM!

Excuse me? Shocked

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste."
Henry Ford

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gentleman1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
MISTER GENTLE

KM!

Patrick, kreyol la se bon Kompa Kreyol wi pa'm..se se selman plis Kod ke yo ajoute pou akompanye solo Keyboard yo wi Rolling Eyes

ZENGLEN PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: