Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Location: HMI World
|Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:36 am Post subject: KONTWOL: THE KM INTRODUCTION INTERVIEW!
|You've SEEN and HEARD 2 of their songs on Kompa Magazine. (Check out "CE SOIR OU JAMAIS" and "PART-TIME LOVER" in the KM Underground section of the board). They are a group out of FLORIDA getting ready to test the HMI waters when they make make their LIVE debut in the next few weeks.
We had a chat with the 2 main guys of the group, maestro/keyboardist CLARK CAJUSTE, and vocalist MAX.
1) Give us a little resume/bio on KONTWOL and how this group came about?
KONTWOL: Kontwol is a project that started three years ago by Max Toussaint (lead vocals) Clark Cajuste(keyboards) and Remy Michel..(lead guitar)but the name has been registered for 5 years. The band has 7 members. Max had a solo project in mind since ny, which I played most of the keyboards on, so i moved to florida to join Hangout... and Max also moved to Florida. When i was no longer part of hangout we came up with kontwol and continued the work that we started in ny which became Kontwol's first cd.
2) You guys are based in Miami. Are you afraid that with the amount of bands that reside in that area of the HMI, that you might not be able to stand out from the pack?
KONTWOL: Pat, that word afraid is not in our vocabulary. We know what we got ourselves into, and our music is our voice. Trust me it will be heard.
3) How would you describe your style/sound of music?
KONTWOL: Our style of music is a mixture of the old and the new with new sounds. You have to understand Pat, we have been influenced by so many great musicians like my farther Raymond Cajuste and Max's father Emanuel Turene, and not to name other musicians that came along our way throughout this great journey.
4) Who would you say are your influences musically?
Clark (Keyboards): Me myself as keyboard player.. I've been influenced by people like Fabrice Rouzier, Ansyto mercier, Reginald Policard...Mushi Widmaer those guys are legends to me.
Max (Vocalist): I've been influenced by a lot of RB groups from the 80;s ti Mano, Frere Dejean just to name a few.
5) Is it hard for a new group to make it in the HMI these days? How do you plan to get over the hump?
KONTWOL: Pat, in this business called music whether it's HMI or AMI you need discipline, a good team, and respect for the public. That's our plan.
6) The state of the HMI right now as we speak. Is it HEALTHY or SUFFERING in your opinion? Why?
KONTWOL: Right now i think the HMI is suffering because of selfishness and lack of understanding between musicians among themselves and promoters.
7) Are HMI fans tough when it comes to accepting NEW BLOOD/BANDS in the business? Can you blame them or not?
KONTWOL: It's a natural thing. One cannot blame the fans. It's the same way in other music industries, that's life in general.
What goals do you think is REALISTIC TO REACH for KONTWOL for your first year of existence?
KONTWOL: Well, we're not here to perform no miracles. Kontwol would like to be part of the HMI mix and play good music for our people and others to enjoy.
9) Why did you guys choose the name KONTWOL? Does it stand for something in particular?
KONTWOL: Well, Max came up with the name and I thought it sounded great.
10) Your favorite current HMI band on the market is....? Tell us why?
Clark Cajuste: My favorite band right now is zenglen. It has been for the last couple of years.
11) You guys chose NOT to go with a major HMI label with your record.
Any reasons why? How do you think it will affect the success of the band?
KONTWOL: We did try to get our product to a few major Hmi labels, we were turned down. Now i'm sure they are kicking themselves.
12) Any final words?
KONTWOL: Peace and love to our fans, stay tuned for the release party on Nov 29 2008.
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735