KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Allow me to introduce myself...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJenius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Allow me to introduce myself... Reply with quote Back to top

Born in England raised in haiti.. [I was] about six or seven and was just listening to the radio basically. There was a show on radio Port au Prince called WAML hosted by the legendary MasterDJI that's really when i was introduce to dance music.I grew up watching my cousin who was also a DJ @ radio Metroplole playing dance music, he would hook up with others Djs,they'd come over the house. They played soul music, breaks and disco. I saw them everyday as I went back and forth into the room. That was my first experience seeing a set and I said I want to do that some day. The older guys didn't want to let a young kid on the set. It wasn't that simple. But, eventually I got one turntable and started practicing on it. It was a natural progression. When I was thirteen or fourteen, that was when I really started. It felt good to actually touch the wax. Little by little I was playing with my pop's system and So that was the beginning of me cutting stuff up – or trying to from watching the big kids, you know what I mean? Later on, I hooked up with Mr Magic,who in my opinion,was the most-skilled haitian Dj at the time there was also Vladimix,Dj Regy,Toto just to name a few ,we'd get together on weekend and practice all day. That's where it all began for me; that‘s where I learned about different genres of music.Now with Tommy Boy Records and Sony Urban Music as a producer things are looking good.I've worked with Ray Cash,Amerie,Delasoul,Blaze etc...I love my kompa and i'm here to learn i'm gonna be asking lots of question about the Haitian music scene,hope i come to the right place.

Thanx again Pat.

Timafi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome DJenius

haitianqueen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

lana4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bienvenue DJenius Very Happy

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to our KM family DJenius. You may have a lot of questions while you are here but with your background you may get quite a few questions yourself.

Enjoy your stay.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and Enjoy your stay Wink

Fafie22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote Back to top

welcome aboard Djenius. have fun and i hope you enjoy your stay here.

Tilouj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and enjoy.

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to our Km Family, make yourself at home and enjoy the ride.

TOTOVICE
MASS KONPA " BEL JAZZ "

belchokola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome DJenius to Kompa Magazine!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: