KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Donald Trump is Wyclef Jean Fan!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
love4kompa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Donald Trump is Wyclef Jean Fan! Reply with quote Back to top

April 15, 2006 - Donald Trump is a fan of Wyclef Jean. Trump invited the hip-hop artist to perform at a concert Friday night for about 200 business associates.

"I'm very into music, and Clef is a great guy," Trump told The Associated Press.

Jean took the stage neatly dressed in a suit and sang more than a dozen songs. By the time his hour-long performance was over, the Grammy-award winning artist was stripped to his bare feet, pants and undershirt.

Jean also appeared on Trump's show "The Apprentice" and said he looks to the real estate mogul for business advice.

"He rules. He's real tough when it comes to business," Jean said. "I'm like a sponge right now. I know I can pick up things from him."

The concert celebrated one of Trump's latest investments, the Trump International Hotel & Tower Fort Lauderdale. The luxury residence should be completed in 20 months, he said.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wyclef do your thing and absorb all the advice you can from people who have been successful in business because one day that advice might help you and your cause to Help Haiti.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember on one of the last season shoe Trump sent his apprentice to his studio to make up a song as an assignment....that was cool.

Duke

Clef is da man !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kunta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do believe CLEF has a plan for the Souther Coast of Haiti to built an Hotel to match BAHAMA's PARADISED ISLAND. He also has a plan to rebuilt communities around city outside Port-au-Prince to lure people out of the Capital. Basically...decentralised Port-au-Prince by bringing jobs to other Cities of Haiti.

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta wrote:
I do believe CLEF has a plan for the Souther Coast of Haiti to built an Hotel to match BAHAMA's PARADISED ISLAND. He also has a plan to rebuilt communities around city outside Port-au-Prince to lure people out of the Capital. Basically...decentralised Port-au-Prince by bringing jobs to other Cities of Haiti.

Min bon citoyen! Min neg konsekan!! Min moun debyen, moun ki kon kote yo soti, moun ki rekonesan, moun ki gin tet - bon bagay devan L'eternel.

Se sal ye.

Even if a person doesn't like Clef, all you need is to hear and see what he's doing for his people and you'll want to support. Blessing and much more success to you Clef. Wap rive kote'w vle rive ya - et wap rive kanmin'm. Attitude la bon!

...funny thing is, Clef has yet to tell us how much money he has in the bank. He's clever enough to figure that we don't care - and that we only want for him to remember where he came from and give back. So far, he's doing just that.

Respect!

Ti Boxer

Last edited by Ti boxer on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti Boxer, when you know that your self-worth is not based on how much money you make you don't ever need to tell people how much money you have.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
Ti Boxer, when you know that your self-worth is not based on how much money you make you don't ever need to tell people how much money you have.

It takes a very wise person, and in your case - a very woman to understand that notion LadyKreyol.

Ti Boxer

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I laways knew that clef would be a model haitian ever since he came out and said he was haitian back in the fugee days. Though I had an idea what that meant for us as haitians living here in the states, I never knew exactly what it meant until I was talking to two caucasian girls, the other day.

We were car pooling to class together and while trying to make conversation, I told them that Madea was coming on campus. They had no idea who that was, even after I told them about Diary of a mad black woman. Than I asked themif they knew Chris Rock. They didn't know who that was either, or even Queen Latifah.

I started thinking, do these girls go the movies? they should have at least seen the commercials on tv or seen the posters at the theaters.

Finally I gave up and was like: You guys probably don't know who Wyclef is either.

One of them was like "he's the haitian guy who used to be in the Fugees." The other one said " he's on the new shakira single, and I've read several articles about his projects in Haiti."

I was amazed! First thing I realized was, TV IS MORE SEGREGATED THAN I THOUGHT. BLACK PEOPLE KNOW HTEIR BLACK STARS AND WHITE PEOPLE KNOW THEIR'S.

SECOND THING IS THAT EVEN AMIDST THAT, WYCLEF HAS PUT HAITIANS ON THE MAP IN THE MID 1990'S AND HE KEEPS IT THERE NOW.

I realise that the only reason these girls didn's ask me "where the hell is haiti?" when I told them I was haitian is because of WYCLEF.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
I was amazed! First thing I realized was, TV IS MORE SEGREGATED THAN I THOUGHT. BLACK PEOPLE KNOW HTEIR BLACK STARS AND WHITE PEOPLE KNOW THEIR'S.

You're right about that! I had a similar experience.

Last year, I had a communication class, and it was mostly about media in the US.

When the professor asked the students (I was the only black) about what TV channels they watched, they said every other channel except the black ones like BET. And that was more than once. I was very surprised.

Now about that Wyclef/Donald Trump topic... Sweet Micky participated in that concert as well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: