Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WHAT SONG MEANS SUMMER TO YOU
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT SONG MEANS SUMMER TO YOU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: WHAT SONG MEANS SUMMER TO YOU Reply with quote Back to top

Since Summer will soon be approaching what songs old or new makes you feel like the Summer is here.

For me everytime I hear Digital Express's Weekend Digital, I just feel like going to the beach.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SYSTEM BAND: VAKANS

ZENGLEN PI RED

Millé-Next !!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VAKANS- by System, pa gin manti nan sa vre.

Millé-NEXT- TOU TAN
MACAYA-.-.-.-.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Millé-Next !!!!! wrote:
VAKANS- by System, pa gin manti nan sa vre.

SANBLE NOU PALE AVAN NOU POSTE SOU BOAD LA Laughing Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VERY GOOD POST LADY KREYOL.

I have 2 SONGS (Not Haitian songs), and 1 HAITIAN ALBUM.

The 2 songs that mean SUMMER TO ME are

*FRESH PRINCE & JAZZY JEFF "SUMMER TIME"....It never fails. That's the ULTIMATE summer song.

*CRYSTAL WATERS - "LADADI LADADA"...It reminds me of the great summer that I had that year where on EVERY RADIO STATION in New York, that song used to be blasting.

*ZEKLE "STOP" - When I went on vacation in Haiti in 1985, it was all American Music and KASSAV on the radio. The ZEKLE CD was THE ONLY ONE that I kept hearing over and over again on the radio in terms of Haitian song.

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice picks Pat.

If I were to pick an ALBUM per se, I would have to pick (and this might not be a surprise too many) but it would definitely be SKANDAL'S debut album "Nouvelle Generation". I remember when I would pack my carry-on before going to Haiti for the Summer, and I had to have my Skandal tape in my bag, because god forbid if they lost my luggage and my Skandal tape was inside. Laughing

XXplosive

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My summer songs are Gen Gen Geng by Kompa kreyol and Kore'm by Kreyol La.
These songs have this hapiness, celebrating thing going on it. It just get me exciteted and ready to party everytime i listen to them.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me it's Zin's song VAKANS! from the SA ZIN GEN LA album. I believe Mickey's MON COLONEL was around that time too. Bon bagay..

When i went home for a summer visit from college, I was blasting Zin/haitian music ALL SUMMER LONG! All my friends were shocked cuz at that time none of them were into kompa.

They were all wondering what was wrong w/me Laughing

Konya yo tout SOU KONPA! Very Happy

Melokompa

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As far as summer song i would choose Vacances by Zenglen, well written and the groove is sick, pase pa pase se vacances.Whether you grow here or in Haiti the song makes you in summer vibe.

Eve971

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Original H : Lanmou vacances

Papash : Feeling papash

Allianstar 1 (Meddhy Custos & Gladys Cabarrus): A jamais - Vini baby

Allianstar 2 (Ridge & Joyce) : Cette nuit

I gotta add Meddhy Custos : Elles demandent du zouk (Orginal version, not the one for Blancs yo with the rnb hip hop touches !)

Last edited by Eve971 on Sat May 26, 2007 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: