KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Autographs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lana4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me like when my cds are signed ! (quand ça vaut le coup !)
C'est un signe distinctif !
Il y a des dédicaces très spéciales, parfois ! Wink

and like Princess said, it's just like some of my books that have been signed too.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have, to answer your question and I would DO IT AGAIN. Granted I don't do it often and the two that I have are on cds but it made me happy at the time because there were from artists who I have admired.

Just for the record the autographs were Alan Cave on his "Se pa pou dat" killer album and Richard A. Morse on his Ram II - Puritan Vodou cd.

For those of you that have probably wanted an autograph from an artist, ask yourself why didn't you do it? Is it because you think they is a stigma attached when asking for a signature? or Do you think some of our artists already have a HUGE egos and somehow you asking an autograph will only make it bigger? Or is it simpy because it takes too much effort and you can't be bothered with such things? Or all of the above.

My autograph FANTASY if you will, is to have every artist who sang on the Haiti Twoubadou cds to sign in permanent marker a Huge Haiti Twoubdou poster for my wall. I know it weird but I thought it would be cool to have.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:

My autograph FANTASY if you will, is to have every artist who sang on the Haiti Twoubadou cds to sign in permanent marker a Huge Haiti Twoubdou poster for my wall. I know it weird but I thought it would be cool to have.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Tilouj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have asked for autographs from HMI to AMI artists and even have autographs of Patriots, Bruins and Celtcis players. I have cds autographs and took pics the members of Carimi, Tantan, Konpa Kreyol, Ginuwine, U2, Andrea Bocelli, Destiny child, Steve Tyler from Aerosmith and a bunch more. Everytime I attend an event I make sure to get either an autograph or pic, sometime both.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TiLouj

I believe you girl. You are too hooked up like that!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone -

se pa ti hook up non Tilouj ginyin! Ginle se bo kot Tilouj mwen pra'l obliger mare bourik mwen. She's probably my best avenue at obtaining my much sought after Manny Ramirez autograph. Laughing

Ti Boxer

Last edited by Ti boxer on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
Ti boxer wrote:

In my case - the day I can have the autograph of the original System Band members on one of their CDs or whatever - I'll make a petition to God to have those signatures ingraved in the heavens for ever and ever Amen!

....and I would gladly walk up to them and ask for it - if of course I can see them all under the same roof. I'm talking Ti Jean, Bigo, Lucien, Ronald, Reginald, Ti Nes, Maestro Douby - Le Grand, Ti Kenny Legagneur, and Blaise.

That's be a dream come true. And it just may come true in my lifetime. Wink

Ti Boxer

Speaking of Ti Kenny, what is he up to? I would love to see that kid return to System. He was a talented keyboardist, albeit I had criticized him a few times, which I now regret deeply.

Boxer, if God grants you that wish, tell Him to make it a double.

Mach -

Bondye bon! Mwen priye pou wish sa 3 fwa pa jou! It'll come true kanmin! I believe - like Martin Luther the King.

Kenny - I heard from someone, plays at Penn Station in NY. I heard at anyt given moment he'll have wel over a couple dozens onlookers. I heard that he now hangs somewhere in Brooklyn and does his thing.

I don't know.

But whatever he's up to - I hope God protects him, his fingers, and inspiration. Kenny has to be perhaps my most favorite konpa keyboardsist - as long as he's playing with System Band. Se misye se'l ki ka gere System Band nan gou Ti boxer!

Se sal ye wi!

Ti Boxer

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when Kennny first started playing with System. He had replaced Franzt Adeclat. It took him a little while to get adjusted to the band. I still have those live tapes. After about a year, he adapted quite well with System.
Can we start a petition to bring Kenny back?

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got some of those live tapes too Mach! Se sa'k fem rinmin'w wi ou minm! Cabine'w fat ak bon dokuman, san cholesterol!

Whenever you want Mach! Laughing In fact, we can do so right now.

But in reality - I think the issue with Kenny is one of discipline or lack therof rather then not wanting to play in the band. At least that's my understanding.

Ti Boxer

konpadiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? there is nothing wrong walking up to an HMI artist and asking for an Autograph! Our HMI Artists are Artist too mezamni! Why is it impossible to ask for autograph? Perhaps you won’t do it, but there are others willing to do so. These individuals work hard and to show appreciation for what they doing; taking a picture or asking for an autograph means a lot. Have I done it, yes! However, I have asked to take pictures as well. I found that the picture is more memorable to me, but that does not mean I would not ask for an Autograph. I have attended several concerts/bals and bringing a copy of the cd is the last thing on my mind. My camera is what I usually have with me. I have many pictures that years from now I can look at and say “Oh I remember that day; it was like yesterday to me”. I still have Emeline Michel, Dadou Pasquet, Beethovas Obas, Armstrong Jeune, Wyclef Jean etc. autographs/pictures I need to take.

My problem with your comments is why can’t a fan ask for an Autograph? Is there something wrong with that? You make it seem as if the individual does not deserve to be asked for one. I would not be surprised that you would not ask your favorite Author to sign your Book. Why can’t our Artist be treated like Artist that we respect for their accomplishments?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: