KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Autographs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Autographs Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, there isn't any celebrity whether in the HMI, AMI or even Hollywood that I would care to request an autograph. So my question, has anyone of you ever requested an autograph from one of the HMI artists?

monty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No never , I think asking for an autograph is groupy , sauf dans une vente signature...

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me autographs only mean something if its on something than just paper....

For a athlete an autogrohed jersey or shoes
and artist and autographed guitar or something like that....

thats just me

PrincessSaSa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a Haitian-American living in an American society, asking for an autograph is considered "memorabilia" and a sign of appreciation. The item that you have had autographed goes up in value as a result. It is for keeps.

To answer your question, who?, YES. I have requested autographs from my favorite artists in the HMI as well as the AMI. From Beyonce Knowles to Sweet Micky. It only makes the item all the more special to me to know that an artist that I have the utmost respect for MUSICALLY has signed their name on one of their projects for me.

I also have novels that are autographed as well. Idea

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen pa janm gin chanss mande autograph and i don`t call that groopie.... Wink

Pa bliye tou Gin mande autograph ak fe estera leu ou we yon musicien Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No it is not a groupie thing. It is a sign of appreciation. I have done it a few times(of course to the ones that truly deserve it) and now i have my kids into it especially when i take them to festivals

NumberRon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?, to each his/her own. I know that is what you say now but I bet you that there are people whose autograph you would request. I used to say the same thing until I met Pele. He autographed me his own picture and it is something that I still treasure. I have met a few Hollywood celebs through a childhood friend who was an auditor (accountant) for Warner Bros but I never cared for an autograph because these were not my Idols growing up. Pele was, as was Mohammed Ali. When it comes to Music, my appreciation goes far beyond the realm of Konpa. Whenever I attend a concert, especially a Jazz Concert, I make it a point to get any item that I purchase signed by the Artist(s). I have autographed CDs by all four members of Fourplay, Earl Klugh, Joe Sample, Al Jarreau, George Benson, Micheal Franks, and David Sanborn to name a few. I also have had my Mozayik CDs autographed by all the members of the group. Nickenson also signed my CD. I think it is a statement of appreciation on the part of the artist to sign a purchased item. Do I think that people go overboard when it comes to requesting autographs, I absolutely do. I don't think anyone has a right to intrude on a person either at a restaurant or in any other setting, but some Artists crave the attention. When I get an item signed, it is out of appreciation for the Artist, the Creator, the Originator of the Process, and the Process itself. I don't believe in Superstardom, or Celebrity Status. I am neither phased nor impressed by it. I can appriciate without being in Awe. But like I said. To each his/her own.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
When I get an item signed, it is out of appreciation for the Artist, the Creator, the Originator of the Process, and the Process itself. I don't believe in Superstardom, or Celebrity Status. I am neither phased nor impressed by it. I can appriciate without being in Awe. But like I said. To each his/her own.

I couldn't have said it better myself #Ron.

who?, nothing wrong in seeking an Artist's autograph my friend. I've had several Haitian Artists autographed their cds for me. What's wrong with that.

Antouka, chak pain gen fromaj yo. Chak chien niche tek kok yo jan yo konnen.

Ave'w Map Mache #Ron.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not see anything wrong with it. I'm still waiting on Sweet Micky and Ansyto to sign my keyboards for me.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never said there was anything wrong with getting autographs. In fact, I wouldn't mind having the guys from System autograph all of my CDs and albums.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: