KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Autographs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
I never said there was anything wrong with getting autographs. In fact, I wouldn't mind having the guys from System autograph all of my CDs and albums.

Quote:
Personally, there isn't any celebrity whether in the HMI, AMI or even Hollywood that I would care to request an autograph

Sa wap bay moun kembe la a who?! You're contradicting yourself bro.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:
who? wrote:
I never said there was anything wrong with getting autographs. In fact, I wouldn't mind having the guys from System autograph all of my CDs and albums.

Quote:
Personally, there isn't any celebrity whether in the HMI, AMI or even Hollywood that I would care to request an autograph

Sa wap bay moun kembe la a who?! You're contradicting yourself bro.

LOL....Touche...but you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind my System CDs autographed by the band members, but would I approach them ask them to do it, probably not.

Mrchampagna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do and only because its a once in a while time for me to see anyone in the HMI. As far as living in New York or Miami I probably would not because there more of a chance to run into them, IE supermarket or store or in your neighborhood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kunta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have autographs of American stars not because I am a groupy, but because I can turn around and sell them lol HMI stars signature has no value in the autograph market. Wyclef signature has a value. Even Aristide's signature has value. Autograph pictures is a big business. Stores pay stars big money to seat and sign pictures. Autograph value also tells a star his or her value...so you know the value of our stars in the autograph market lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mrchampagna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL @ Kunta I used to have have so many TV, Movie, and AMI Autographs
Then my mom lost my book. These days I just say hello and shake thier hand.

NumberRon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
LOL....Touche...but you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind my System CDs autographed by the band members, but would I approach them ask them to do it, probably not.

who?, Gromosso kinbe'w, lol. So what you mean is that you lack the intestinal fortitude to approach the musicians that you are supporting and ask them to endorse the product that have created and show appreciation for the fact that you are a consumer of it and a customer of theirs. That's a personal position. If I shell out some of my hard earned cash, you can pull out a pen and acknowledge the fact that I just help suppport you as an artist and your product as something worthwhile. That's my opinion.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? -

yo pran rat la! Yo pran makriot a yo pran rat la! Ki rat sa? who?! LMAO!

Mach - on a serious note, there's nothing wrong with getting autographs- especially from someone you really admire; of course by someone who's signature is in demand too - like a Manny Ramirez, a Shaq, a Jeter, or Kobe. But most of all, as Kunta, Champagna, Ron, Gro and many others have stated - it's a way to show appreciation, admiration, respect, and have a memorabilia that means a lot to you - and like I said before...one that's worth a lot too!

In my case - the day I can have the autograph of the original System Band members on one of their CDs or whatever - I'll make a petition to God to have those signatures ingraved in the heavens for ever and ever Amen!

....and I would gladly walk up to them and ask for it - if of course I can see them all under the same roof. I'm talking Ti Jean, Bigo, Lucien, Ronald, Reginald, Ti Nes, Maestro Douby - Le Grand, Ti Kenny Legagneur, and Blaise.

That's be a dream come true. And it just may come true in my lifetime. Wink

Ti Boxer

Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ti boxer wrote:

In my case - the day I can have the autograph of the original System Band members on one of their CDs or whatever - I'll make a petition to God to have those signatures ingraved in the heavens for ever and ever Amen!

....and I would gladly walk up to them and ask for it - if of course I can see them all under the same roof. I'm talking Ti Jean, Bigo, Lucien, Ronald, Reginald, Ti Nes, Maestro Douby - Le Grand, Ti Kenny Legagneur, and Blaise.

That's be a dream come true. And it just may come true in my lifetime. Wink

Ti Boxer

Speaking of Ti Kenny, what is he up to? I would love to see that kid return to System. He was a talented keyboardist, albeit I had criticized him a few times, which I now regret deeply.

Boxer, if God grants you that wish, tell Him to make it a double.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NumberRon wrote:
who? wrote:

who?, Gromosso kinbe'w, lol. So what you mean is that you lack the intestinal fortitude to approach the musicians that you are supporting and ask them to endorse the product that have created and show appreciation for the fact that you are a consumer of it and a customer of theirs. That's a personal position. If I shell out some of my hard earned cash, you can pull out a pen and acknowledge the fact that I just help suppport you as an artist and your product as something worthwhile. That's my opinion.

Bon Gromoso pulled out a who? on who?. I can't be mad at him for that.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the Famous Tvice Vs. Carimi @ Amazura Flyer signed by every single Artist from Both bands...to me it was history in the making.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: