KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MESSAGE TO NEW MEMBERS: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: MESSAGE TO NEW MEMBERS: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELVES! Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

Welcome to KM.

If you guys have been following us before joining the board, you guys know that it is required that you introduce yourselves to the KM FAMILY as your first post. Just let them know a little something about yourself so that you can be given a proper welcome by our senior members and everybody else.

We really appreciate it if that can be done.

Thanks again for your compliance and welcome to KM.

KM!

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually this quoted area is the email I sent to Pat to be approved as a KM member after many months at quest….
“Hi I have sign-up as USAhaitian,
I live in Miramar, Fl. born and raise in South Florida USA... this site is really interesting and a great research tool for the Haitian Music world.
I hope to become a member of the board that way I can express view points on recent events and issues occurring within the business of Haitian Music.
I enjoy listening to Nu-Look, 509, and System Band as in Haitian music, but not to limit Touch Kreyol, Krezi, and others that really show appreciation for arts in the culture of Compas Music from Haiti.
I wish that the site moderator reads and understand that kompamagazine has a huge impact on the music industry within the Haitian market, and accepting/allowing those interested to join on as members is a great part of expanding the message board worldwide.”

Since the Fall of 2002, New York City, undergraduate student at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY, where my professor for Ethnic and Race inspired me to learn more about “African Haitians”, and what it meant to really be Haitian, not only speaking the language and having parents who were born in Haiti, but knowing the Haitian cultural and it’s History throughout time including the USA: this is when I wrote my first ten page term paper as a freshman from Florida, “Unequal Treatment Against Haitian Asylum Seekers”, this two week period right before Thanksgiving Break spanned my life in gear towards a remarkable glance at not only being “Black” but what it also meant to be Black and Haitian after the 60’s in America.

Now as a senior at Florida International University, returned back home, I’m pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice, with an interest in Law Enforcement, experienced work with Promotions-Marketing, and future plans in the legal arena as an Immigration Attorney: I’ve been active in the Haitian Community when possible and I’m lively a HMI supporter and dedicated fan; although, I’ve done some online Public Relations for Nu-Look I dream of becoming a famous PR and working with many more bands throughout.

It’s no secret that Kompamagazine and Patrick have changed lives, or may perhaps suggest altered people presumptions into really thinking and understanding what it seems to read carefully by taking notes. KompaMagazine has this ultimate power that brings confessions, improvements, and major controversial ideas with the Haitian Music Industry! As scary as it may really seem, many would not be and able to wake nor rest at ease without Kompamagazine: “what’s up, where is the action, who said that, and why did they do that” are common juice of gossip and serious discussions members invite; however, unlikely Kompamagazine have been the spot to “make or brake” individuals and groups among the HMI. For this I found it nearly worthy to be apart of this movement and speak out.

Currently, at this moment I consider myself a Kompamagazine member! I deem Patrick Desvarieux as a professional and historian for the Haitian Cultural worldwide. SO Hello Senior KM members and newbie in the making just as I had been, lol!
Thanks
Embarassed

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome on KM board USAhaitian!

And you're so right about the power of KM!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Since the Fall of 2002, New York City, undergraduate student at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY

An almost fellow John Jay alumni. Welcome aboard USAHaitian!!!

Timafi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to KM USAhaitian. Keep up the good work!!!

jbrandma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to KM!, USAHaitian.

SweetnessCarlyVice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a nice introduction , welcome and enjoy.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice introduction...Welcome and Enjoy Wink

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thanks you guys Razz

JenJen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome, USAHaitian. I enjoyed reading your bio. Nice.

JenJen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: