Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ALAN CAVE'S ALBUM DOESNT DO ANYTHING FOR ME!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ALAN CAVE'S ALBUM DOESNT DO ANYTHING FOR ME!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: ALAN CAVE'S ALBUM DOESNT DO ANYTHING FOR ME! Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since I got the album "De La Tête aux Pieds", I have listened to it many times trying to digest it. What I was expecting is definitely not what I'm hearing.

Only 2 songs do it for me on the album. And they were both released before the album, "De La Tête aux Pieds" and "Can't Do This To Me".

Besides that, I always have the impression I'm listening to the same song over and over with the same beat and lyrics.

Is it just me?

neg_okap

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're not alone,bro. Cool Cool At least u have 2 songs u like. Cool

kompared

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PHIZ, gin yon ti patner sou board la, li pa rinmin ler yon moun gin opinion diferan de li non...Misie pral vin joure taler....Let me ZIP IT... Laughing Laughing

PHIZ, you are not alone bro... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by kompared on Tue May 08, 2007 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Map tande'l toujou..mwen pap kouri di sa pou apre yo pa mete'm dan la famille flip flopper Laughing Laughing Laughing ....but so far..nada Rolling Eyes Arrow

zovid

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You definitely right, I don't feel it yet. Let see

Zovid pafe nouvel li bay nouvel

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz,

I feel u bro. but i think those 2 songs alone will carry the cd very far.

TOTOVICE
_____________________________________________________________'BOSTON UNITED EPI'N PA BON!

michellec

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been debating all day if I should come to the board to say the exact same thing. This CD is not one of AC's best. It almost seems as if you're listening to the same song over and over again. The words lack the depth that was so evident in "Se Pa Pou Dat". On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, I'd give this effort a 4.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And here I am thinking I was the only one that felt this way.

I said it when I first listened to it and I'm saying it now, I thought "Se Pa Pou Dat" was a far superior album than "De La Tete Aux Pieds."

This album just doesn't do anything for me. I listened to the album everyday non-stop prior to going to Haiti and I realized the album didn't deserve all the hype that it was getting. "Se Pa Pou Dat" was a lot more diversed than this one; maybe it's because it has 13 songs!

Pour le moment, Banm Se Pa Pou Dat.

sexyt

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

specially happy birthday song

kote ou konn tande yo voye champagne.

wallywal

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've been listening to it for the past week every day of the week.... nada
there's only a couple of songs in there that are good in my opinion
that cd was made for the antilles market.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: