KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IS THIS "MUSIC OR TALK SHOW"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's all fun and games untill somebody gets hurt, real bad. Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CatDog wrote:

As for Mickey, he is in a category by himself. You cannot compare him to anyone.

...see that's the thing CatDog!

That's almost like that Saturday Night Live skit, where a regular Joe approaches a fine young woman nicely for a date and gets rejected like a bad habit and alleged to have sexually harrassed her - while all Tom Brady had to do was simply walk in there with his boxer/briefs and before he even finished - she said, "yes...anytime, any place!!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ti Boxer

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CatDog wrote:

As for Mickey, he is in a category by himself. You cannot compare him to anyone.

Isn't this post for any artist who played konpa music regardless of their status? Sorry I tought this post was for konpa music in general. Wink Wink Wink

CatDog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What can I say Boxer life is tough?

DJ Pepla it seems like you don't believe my statement about Mickey. So, why don't you give me a list of HMI artists that you can compare to Mickey?

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the reason why these things occur is because the fans want it. They may say that they don't but listen to the crowd reactions when they do. There are a couple of bands doing this, one band calls another gorilla, another uses derogatory sexually-based comments about the mother of another, other crack jokes on a family member, and see how the crowds reacts. Haitian people just like that in general otherwise these bands would just not do it. So some may feel it is outrageous, but I can promise you this is not a majority. So it will continue!!!

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CatDog wrote:
What can I say Boxer life is tough?

DJ Pepla it seems like you don't believe my statement about Mickey. So, why don't you give me a list of HMI artists that you can compare to Mickey?

Catdog,
I was not making comparisons of that nature. I just throw Micky in because I believe Micky was and still is the worst trash talker in modern day Konpa and still able to make us dance and carry a whole bunch of followers. Some if not most of today digital band musicians is imitating Micky. I think both Micky’s music and trash talk appeal to the public; it might not appeal to some you included but people love that kind of stuff. Believe it or not, the musician is not only here to make you happy; they are making a living as well. Kote dlo a pi fre se la yap voye ko yo. Especially HMI artist; pa gen enough pou fe neg yo fe music ou vle a. LOL

When I say Micky:
One of Konpa greatest ---- Audience
Take digital to another level
One of Konpa greatest Trash Talker --- Another Audience (This is what keeping him going right now.)

At least this is an opinion.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: