Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - IS KDans better off with MAC D than Jude JEan?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IS KDans better off with MAC D than Jude JEan?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: IS KDans better off with MAC D than Jude JEan? Reply with quote Back to top

It's undeniable the amount of success that Kdans ganerned with JJ as its lead singer. But over the past couple of years, It seemed the group could never get out of gear one as Carimi kept "kidnapping" some of its members and it tried to find a new identity in a changing HMI.

Now with the young MAC D as its new singer. The group seemed to have regained some momentun with a good album and some successful tours.
In the meantime JJ's group Chill has not been heard of, and his solo album has not made a big splash despite having the legend, Fabrice as its producer.

So in the end, is Kdans better off with MAc D?

Much love
Raymi.

D K Bess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Si nap konparé ak denye ané JJ nan KDanss.
OUI, paske kouran an pat bien pasé nan djaz la anko.
Kounya tout moun sanble yap pran plezi yo nan djaz la.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to take away from JJ, min K-Dans ap bien mache...
anpil credit pou PR la, management jazz la e fanatik yo...
Wi MacD gin pou'l vinn yon gwo frce lan HMI la...
mwen swete ke JJ pa lage sa'a paske misye gin anpil talen tou...

Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its sad to sya but I dont miss Jude Jean that much...Kdasns is better off with what I see on satge so far.. MAC D plus bien Kampé Li kon chanté to. Misié yon ti jan plus fashion.. Li kimbé ko'l bien sou stage The only thing is ,,Im not sure if he can compose music.

KOunya mwen bien Kompran pou ki Funky renmin li Konsa.

MAC D ANd KING D is the best thing that could have happen to Kdans satge presence.. Their popularity probably went down since a lot of people still Love and miss Jude Jean..

Ernst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: IS KDans better off with MAC D than Jude JEan? Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi
IT'S FUNNY U BROUGHT THAT SUBJECT UP BECAUSE I WAS TALKING TO A COUPLE FRIEND OF MINE ABOUT THE SAME THING. I TOUGHT THE GROUP WOULD PLAY A NEW TEMPO WITH MAC D IN THE LINE UP,BUT THEY KEEP THE SAME TEMPO. MAC D IS A GOOD QUALITY SINGER BUT IDON'T THING HE BROUGHT MORE TO THE TABLE THAN JJ.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D K Bess wrote:
Si nap konparé ak denye ané JJ nan KDanss.
OUI, paske kouran an pat bien pasé nan djaz la anko.
Kounya tout moun sanble yap pran plezi yo nan djaz la.

yes, in the last hours of jj in kdans? However, the real kdans does not exist and will never exist, period!
the current kdans is not the glorious kdans that poeple used to love and danse. By the way, any "animateur", not singer can take a band to the promised land with good slogans, with rap style animations, example shabba.
So, take jj out of this!

FUNKY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mezanmi..jude te bon..and lap toujou bon butttttttt Le MaCD de funky...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..no comment.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
KOunya mwen bien Kompran pou ki Funky renmin li Konsa.

Ou komprannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn mwen now...c pa jwet non Embarassed Embarassed

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it seems that k-dans is doing better now.

However I did have one thing I wanted to say to all the people who embrace K-dans's new album.

Bgay yo change was supposedly not good enough because k-dans was changing their style.

I don't see much difference in terms of style in this album...actually they have deviated even more from the old k-dans style so...I 'm not getting why this album is being embraced so much by the people who rejected bagay yo change.

Maybe it wasn't really the style change that was the problem...maybe te fans were just ready for a new face.

gaspar24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PA BAY TET NOU MANTI OK. MWEN PA DI KDANS PA BON KOUNYE A MEN NOU POKO KA KONPARE KDANS SA AVEK KDANS LE JJ TE LA. PLEASE. AN NOU TANN TOUJOU.

bambyvicekreyol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think its very premature to talk about Kdans' success. Yes they had a relatively good tour the other day, and the album is great (although no HITS have come from it), but is that enough to say their success is back? I don't know!
map bay album la 1 an, si yo kenbe momentum la,then na pale de success!
As for JJ, the K-Dans now has nothing to do with the K-Dans of SOS and graduation. So there is no comparison to be made!

Sak pa kontan --> Poursuit ton coridor...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: