Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - FASIL.GABEL.POZE.WOW: WHICH FLORIDA BAND WILL MAKE IT?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FASIL.GABEL.POZE.WOW: WHICH FLORIDA BAND WILL MAKE IT?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: FASIL.GABEL.POZE.WOW: WHICH FLORIDA BAND WILL MAKE IT? Reply with quote Back to top

OK...FLORIDA has 4 NEW BANDS that just came out or have been making a buzz in the underground. As you all know, IT IS NOT EASY TO MAKE IT IN THE HMI and to connect with the fans. Some bands take YEARS to do so, while others are extremely lucky to hit it off on the first cd.

Out of the 4 FLORIDA BANDS below...RANK THEM IN ORDER by saying which ones you think has a better chance of making it. WHY?

1)...MOST LIKELY TO MAKE IT....
2)
3)
4) ...LEAST LIKELY TO MAKE IT...

Thanks

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far GABEL most likely can make it....They are making some real buzz..

I would put the other 3 in the same basket, for now.. Rolling Eyes

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. FASIL WILL MAKE IT, ITS A GARANTEE I WILL EVEN PUT MONEY ON THAT ONE, IF THOSE GUYS STICK TOGETHER, THEIR WILL MAKE IT BIG.

2. GABEL WILL MAKE SOME BUZZ, DONT KNOW ABOUT MAKING IT BIG

3. WOW DONT THINK SO, STILL WISH THEM LUCK

4.POZE SA PAP FASIL MEM, STILL WISH THEM LUCK

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
wallywal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GABEL all the way they are making a name for themselves they have a very good album outhere

WOW is the least to make it, to much drama, yon group poko mim soti gintan gin ampil drama ladan
lot yo se pale ampil

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IF FASIL DONT MAKE IT, EPI YO TA KITE BAND LAN KRAZE, I WILL NEVER SUPPORT ANY NEW BAND IN THE MARKET ANYMORE. THATS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. Gabel- Although I've yet to hear their CD, I've heard mostly good reviews about it. My only concern with them IS the fact that they're in Florida. It will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for them as a Kompa direk band to get great traction w/heavyweights like Zenglen, Nulook, and now Hangout in the fold. If there's a time for them to make noise, THIS IS IT!!! Zenglen is in hibernation and Nulook has yet to release anything new...

2. Fasil- They have the financial backing of Archill, the musical backing of Fabrice and Nicky, as well as name recognition w/ Reg and Frero. If their next song is good, not even necessarily great, they'll be fine. If I'm them, I'd stay away from any Gracia Delva-type of shots at Richie and Zenglen. I get the feeling people will respect them more, if they focus on their music more. People, especially on the board, seem to be very weary of the polemical approach that these guys seem to wanna take.

3. WOW- the only reason I'm not putting them last is because I don't know enough about Poze. These guys should have come out with something by now. They certainly possess the musical talent, but somehow it doesn't seem to be coming together for them. The whole relationship drama thing from months past didn't help either...c'mon guys, get it together...

4. Sorry, I don't know enough about them Cool

RICKY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. Fasil is one of the bands that will be most likely to make it due to their popularity and their singing ability. also they seem to have the money man in their corner which will be good for promotions.

2.Gabel is another group that can make it if they continue to play that hard compa direct sound that i've heard and they have an experienced maestro as well. Lastly, they have Gazman backing them up which gives them some cred.

3.Poze, i think will be a little difficult because they haven't really hit the market strong and most are known as guys that can't stay in a band.

4. Wow, i'll put them last in this category. I just haven't heard much from this band. One of the bands that was suppose to come out with a bang.

Negjacmel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tekwe headquaters FASIL se Haiti.... Ii wonder if Fasil belongs on that list..

Maybe POZE has a chance but all the others are doomed...the HMI has no patience to accept new Group.

sexyt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1.Gabel I can say yes cause i saw them playing couple times, since after the grand premier they been playing almost every weekend thats a plus ...

2. Fasil i think they will make it cause of Reginal/Frero they have alot of fans after them .

for the rest im not sure Sad Confused Confused Confused

remi11

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FASIL will make it because they have all the elements needed for sucess, first and foremost god blessed them with TALENT, looks and they have the finances, plus R & F already made a name for themselves.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: