KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*KREYOL LA SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: *KREYOL LA SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the breakdown for the new KREYOL LA cd.

1) PIYAY: Great song to kick off the cd. Nice guitar lick starts the engine going in the part "Ban a pye a pran la rue". At the 2:54 mark, a great commercial RELE ANMWEY catchy keyboard solo leads to the phrase Band lan mande mache....Pa Kanpe"...BON BAGAY NET. The song gives you enough for you to enjoy it and go crazy a little bit, while at the same time, it PURPOSELY leaves you begging/thisting for more "Nan Bal". Some songs, as soon as you hear them on a studio cd, you just know that they are going to do damage LIVE and on CD...THIS IS ONE OF THEM.

2) VAGABOND 4 LIFE: When the leak came out for the whole cd, this is the song that had my fingers pressing the rewind button. Nice mid-tempo intro until it builds up (Li Bouilli) with a LOULOU guitar lick that reminds you of Konpa Kreyol on their best days. This song resembles Konpa Kreyol a lot. One of the best songs on the cd....one of my favorites. Hit potential is very high...unless it gets overshadowed by a couple of other hit ready songs on the cd. The group will determine of strong they push this song because all they need to do is sign the check on this one and the public will eat it up.

3) VIKTWA: I thought it was the best of the preview songs that came out from the different bands recently, and I still think it's one of the hottest tracks out there. HIT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. It will be a hit at bals in just a few weeks, and will do damage just like Korem La did for the group. The classic line "Saw Voyem Al Fe" could be the musical phrase of 2007 si telman li catchy a mort, and to add that it is a very powerful in terms of the meaning with the situation in Haiti. They succeeded in making a serious song with a serious topic into a very commercial and enjoyable song to party and groove to. People...That is not easy.

4) YO PRANM: A favorite of the people who got the leaks earlier. Nice classy piano intro. Very serious and funny message at the same time. Nice mellow groove. Only drawback with this song is the way it ends...It's a bouillon rechoffe ending that we've heard before with the song "Li Pa Vini". Having said that, it is a nice song that will make noise because I sense that Ti Joe loves this song a lot, and he will push it, possibly more than his other composition "Vagabon 4 LIFE", who I think he should push more.

5) MATHEMATIC LOVE: TI Ansito takes the lead in this one. This is actually a nice Zouk/Compas song. I do not think it is bad like some were saying when the cd leaked out. I JUST LOVE THE KEYBOARD SOUNDS on this song. Plus TI ANSYTO is actually a good vocalist in the studio. Very listenable.

6) FANM KREYOL: The PEOPLE'S CHOICE so far on this cd, and I can certainly see why. Different feel than the other songs on the cd. BON MAYI MOULIN FEELING TRACK that will get a lot of airplay on Haitian radios all over HMI land. Will be a big hit for the group...will be BIGGER if they push it harder.

7) PRESENTIMAN: Nice mellow groove that fits well on the cd. Topic might turn off potential listeners because of the sadness involved in a guy who feels that a girl is about to leave him. Nice song to listen and bop your head to. A very good/strong composition. I do not know if it will be a hit.

8) VAS-Y JOE: I love the drum beat at the beginning of the song. Another strong composition with a chance to make some noise. There is a killer keyboard groove at the 3:15 mark. The song or parts of it has been making some noise at bals.

9) KOREM LA (REMIX)...Old song...NO review

PROS: Straight up strong commercial songs on the cd. KREYOL LA ginyin nan min li pou li sevi ak moun. No filter or waste of space type of song on the cd.

PROS & CONS: This is also a perfect tease cd. In a couple of songs such as "Piyay" and "Vas Y Joe", they give you a killer hook on guitars or keyboards to get you in the mood, and just when you are getting ready to climax, THEY END THE SONG leaving you begging for more. That's a "REST LA POU BAL" move, but I am sure that there are many that are not bal goers, and they probably will not get to experience these songs in a live setting.

The design on the KREYOL LA CD...Taking about the ACTUAL CD that you put inside your audio player is very original. I LIKE THAT A LOT.

PS: Also...I wonder if the LEAK killed the element of surprise that this cd would have brought had it not been heard by many before it actually was officially released.

Food for thought.

*ANSYTO MERCIER is just what the doctor ordered for the group. He brings a lot to the group. He gives the group that party/festive hot sauce punch that will take them over the hump....not that they weren't before, but Ansyto is like gravy on a meal that's already good.

*TI JOE ZENNY: You see the guy by the name of Ti Joe Zenny....This guy is 100% CHARISMA personified. Just his presence alone whether it's live or on record gives a huge edge to Kreyol La over a lot of other groups. That is something that you just don't get easily in a group. TI JOE ZENNY "EL CHE".....BON BAGAY NET musically and lyrically.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

wallywal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so far my favortie is famn kreyol but i gotta listen to that cd a couple of more times before making a final judgement. i have to say that am very suprise in a good way

Ben1265

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the CD I like more every time I hear it... Good job. In my mind, this CD validates Kreyol La. The band is for real.
Quote:
KOREM LA (REMIX)...Old song...NO review

The remix is significant, Pat. I like this version much better than the original (I didn't like the original, in fact).

kompared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FAN'M KREOL and YO PRANM are my favorites so far on this CD.
KREOL LA CD is one of the best CD out there. It only took me one audition to get connected with this album.

Amazing work by the KREOL LA crew!!!!

RICKY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kreyol la sounds so much heavier and people can relate to the songs very much. After llstening to the cd countless times my favorties are piyay and famn kreyol.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GAD'ON BAGAY!!!!
Bon bagay Kreyòl la... Leu yo te di ke Kreyòl la t'ap gen youn nan top 3 cd yo... Eben yo genyen'l Razz Razz Razz Menm jan pou lòt yo m'ap tounen ak review detaye'm Wink

D K Bess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen achete CD a yè parol yo serye anpil.
Bon groove, bonbagay...

Pat, Mwen acheté CD Kreyol La ak TVice.
Yo pa gin BOOKLET...

ESKE SE NOMAL PASKE MWEN PRÈ POU-M AL FÈ ANPIL LOBEY KOTÉ MWEN ACHETÉ YO A...

BTW, I'm in MONTREAL...
Please let me know...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben

The KOREM LA REMIX is a watered down version of the song...nice little keyboard effects, but it does not BRING THE ENERGY like the ORIGINAL VERSION. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Very Happy

PS: I forgot to add that the design on the KREYOL LA CD...Taking about the ACTUAL CD that you put inside your audio player is very original. I LIKE THAT A LOT.

PS: Also...I wonder if the LEAK killed the element of surprise that this cd would have brought had it not been heard by many before it actually was officially released.

Food for thought.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DK BESS

My TVICE CD HAS a booklet.

My KREYOL LA CD does NOT have one...I am not sure if they actually do have a booklet for that cd.

KM!

Ben1265

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what to tell you. I find that version danceable. The other one was a bunch of voye monte. It got on my nerves.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: