KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HANGOUT 4 POUVWA: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KM CD REVIEW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: HANGOUT 4 POUVWA: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KM CD REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE song by song cd review of HANGOUT's latest cd "4 POUVWA".

*1) METE'N COOL: Country/Cowboy hip intro that keeps you glued to the song. Beautiful catchy chorus and keyboard/guitar licks. GREAT KICKOFF SONG. Perfect for cd and radio. Perfectly crafted STUDIO song...Don't see or expect it to sound as good LIVE, and that is the only reason why I think it might fall short of becoming a hit song. I love that song on the cd very much.

*2) ANBRASSE'W: Tear jerker Julio Iglesias inspired intro. This song will be the most popular song on the record with a lot of people, including those that prefer the "PASSION" version of Pipo. The song WILL also bring in NEW FANS to the group, much in the way that Arly's songs brings in new listeners/fans to Nu Look. HIT READY if pushed.

*3) AFEM' SE PAM': If this song is pushed with a VIDEO and LIVE with IMPORTANCE (Keyword here), IT WILL MAKE MEI MEI A STAR, and WILL PUT HANGOUT on another level on the HMI ladder. Check out the MASTERPIECE GUITAR WORK of MACKENSON and RONALD LUBIN on this track. BEL J'EU D'ENSEMBLE ON THE GUITARS and Keyboards.

*4) GERE LELE'W: BEST POTENTIAL HARDCORE COMPAS DIRECT HIT RECORD on the cd. Radio friendly...This is THE song that the group should push the most to radio stations in Miami and Haiti. This song will do a lot for the band. IT'S A PURE CLONE OF DJAKOUT MIZIK's style of uptempo song from the FRED HILLAIRE part imitating the style made popular by Shabba, to the keyboard sound that is the perfect Ti Pouch formula. GUESS WHAT? Djakout WISHED they had that song on their cd. Excellent message in this track as well about MONEY MANAGEMENT. MACKENSON is on FIRE on that guitar.

*5) AYITI SOU LUMYE WOUJ: Deep message about Haiti on a song composed by Pipo. They mixed in the message with a very commercial compas groove that makes it very radio friendly. Junior shines on the keyboard on this song.

*6) SENTIMENTS: Strong second Compas love song backup to ANBRASE'W, even though a lot might like this song more than Anbrasse'w because the beat is smoother and flows better. Hopefully ANBRASSE'W won't stand in the way of this song in terms of it making an impact of its own.

*7) 4 POUVWA: Nice catchy intro with "4 Points Cardinaux". Very radio friendly in terms of the compas. MACKENSON once again does the work on those chords.

*Cool JADOU: DIFFERENT than the other songs on the cd. ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ON THE CD. Simply a very nice song. I love the start a lot.

*9) NOU NAN LAKOU AN: "Radio friendly again. Lots of guitars in action. Hangout turns religious on us briefly with the lines "SATAN OU PEDI BATAY LA" (Lol). Nice use of their DRAMA tag on this song by poking fun at it. "Wap chache Drama...MIN DRAMA". Message that they are still there despite the many obstacles. Shotouts to DJ BABANKOU..GROMOSSO and KOMPA MAGAZINE in there...maybe for Kompa MAGAZINE..SE Yon messaj yo voye en soudine Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ..JUST KIDDING.

*10) FANM CHO: Another solid compas track. INTOXICATING GUITARS....NOT A HIT SONG, but solid composition.

*11) CHECHE FANM PA'W: Message to guys that like to pick up or talk to other people's girlfriends. Verry funny stuff. SOLID COMPAS SONG. Are all the members of Hangout PRACTICING what they are PREACHING on this song? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*12) OUVE LEKO'W (REMIX): The HIT song on the record became MUCH STRONGER with this remix. It's a bal and Festival SHOW-STOPPER. Might be extremely hard for any song to top this remix as the biggest hit on the cd.

*NEGATIVE NOTES: Too many shoutouts to RADIO HOSTS on the cd. Pipo...Kite animateur yo viv brother. (Laughs)

*Mei Mei SHOULD have sung 2 SONGS on the cd instead of 1. HUGE MISTAKE there.

*TOO MANY SONGS on the cd. Would have been a close to perfect cd had you just kept it to 10 songs and saved the last two songs before Ouve LEkow' for the next project.

*POSITIVE NOTES: PIPO DELIVERED big time on this cd. He will SHUT his critics down on RECORD with this. Now all he has to do is do it LIVE. HE IS ON POINT throughout this whole cd. PIPO should become an "A" list star with this release.

*MACKENSON on this cd has FORCED US and will force you to INCLUDE HIM in conversations regarding the young guitar players in the business today. MACKENSON NAN BON TOUT BON SOU CD SA. He made a believer out of me.

*Hangout has a STAR IN THE MAKING with MEI MEI. She has succeeded in making people forget that Georgy ever existed in the group. HANGOUT...PUSH THIS GIRL IN PEOPLE'S FACES AS MUCH AS YOU CAN because SHE IS AN ASSET TO YOUR BUSINESS and company. Do it REGARDLESS if Pipo pa vle sa. Pipo will understand that IT'S GOOD FOR THE BUSINESS, therefore, he has to make room next to him for another star in the band. This girl has the ability to bring lots of fans to the group that NO ONE ELSE IN THE BAND can.

*JUNIOR as the STUDIO PRODUCER for most of the songs DELIVERED the work of his HMI life. Let's hope it is not a fluke...because if this is REAL, JUNIOR....You might as well get yourself ready because you are going to be in demand as a producer.

*SONG PLACEMENT: This is one of the cds where I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE SONG PLACEMENT. VERY WELL DONE. They arranged it perfectly in a way so that YOU DON'T SKIP ANY SONGS ON THE CD. BIG BRAVO for that one whoever decided on that.

*FINAL VERDICT: HMI TAKE NOTICE....HANGOUT IS IN BUSINESS. They have a SERIOUS SOLID CD on their hands, now comes the part of them TAKING IT TO THE PEOPLE, as well as MARKETTING THE BAND & CD/SONGS really well. If Hangout drops the ball on THIS CD, they might NEVER get the chance to have something like that in their hands.

I'm going to keep it real up in here, I am a fan of Djakout Mizik's songs, but Djakout has NOTHING on Hangout in terms of the LATEST CDS from both groups. DJAKOUT HAS THE HITS....HANGOUT HAS THE MORE SOLID ALBUM WITH A LOT OF POTENTIAL HITS. They are only POTENTIAL HITS because they are not an established popular band yet.

HANGOUT passed the test with flying colors. KOMPA MAGAZINE ENDORSES THIS CD as one that you will enjoy if you are a compas direct fan. BON BAGAY...TOUT MOUN JWEN! I sign my signature under this cd.

BRAVO HANGOUT!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

kafou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
*12) OUVE LEKO'W (REMIX): The HIT song on the record became MUCH STRONGER with this remix. It's a bal and Festival SHOW-STOPPER. Might be extremely hard for any song to top this remix as the biggest hit on the cd.

I told you so yesterday!

Ouve Le ko sa will indeed be a show stopper if they play it the same way in the Album.

Hangout ginyin anpil bon marchandise deye'l nan moment.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You've made it PAT. Once again, i can feel the album throught this perfect review. About Mei Mei's song yes you are right, if it's pushed with a video, Hang Out pral nan batay and anpil moun pral chanje strateji yo.

VERY GOOD PAT.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick,

Very good breakdown as usual. I have been listening to this cd for the past couple of days and it is growing on me- My favorite thus far is " Ambrasse'm " Pipo did indeed deliver on this song.. Yes this is the Pipo that i had discovered with Passion... and this is the way that he should keep singing..

Negative aspect.. Again Pat, i agree with you.. Pipo pale trop .. too many shoutouts. for god sake it's a studio CD not a live performance.

Overall a good CD....

TOTOVICE

kafou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
*Hangout has a STAR IN THE MAKING with MEI MEI. She has succeeded in making people forget that Georgy ever existed in the group. HANGOUT...PUSH THIS GIRL IN PEOPLE'S FACES AS MUCH AS YOU CAN because SHE IS AN ASSET TO YOUR BUSINESS and company. Do it REGARDLESS if Pipo pa vle sa. Pipo will understand that IT'S GOOD FOR THE BUSINESS, therefore, he has to make room next to him for another star in the band. This girl has the ability to bring lots of fans to the group that NO ONE ELSE IN THE BAND can.

Attention pour medames tankou Les Bonbon Syro/Bonbon Douce, avek Les Autres femmes pa vin manyin manb ou dur sou board la avek statement sa tande.

Min who cares sa yo pense, se verite, TITI pit la ap fe efffort epi 19 ans selman ke li ginyin.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, good job as usual ...!!!!

I agree with you about JUNIOR. This guy makes me eat my words. I was one JUNIOR vicious critics about how a lazy young keyboardist he was. He went to work and prove me and lot of other people wrong.
JUNIOR NUFF RESPECT, bro... Laughing

Last edited by kompared on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

JimBo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BEL REVEIW WI KM Exclamation Exclamation Cool

BUT DANM YOU DON'T THINK YOUR A LIL HARD ON SAYING MS SEXY NEW COMER MEI MEI MADE US 4GET ABOUT MS. DIVA GEORGY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation IS GEORGY NOT AN HMI LENGEND Exclamation Question Smile P.S. FAVORITE SONG ON THE ALBUM GERE LEL'W Exclamation Exclamation Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bel bagay Pat...mwen komanse tande album la..map di sa'm pense apre....but so far so good Wink

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JIMBO

I'm talking about MEI MEI making HANGOUT fans forget about Georgy...IN HANGOUT. NOT in ZIN.

MEI MEI poko ka touche pwent zotey PRINCESSE GEORGY when it comes to CAREER.

Hope that's VERY CLEAR!

KM!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bel review...

am not turn on by "enbrasse'm" yet...
I was expecting a direct hit which would have an instant effect..

and the remix of "ouve le ko'w" cannot be compared to the old version.. at least that's what I think.. after that great job by mei mei... and great job by the hangout crew in general... junior and macken bon bagay...

hangout is in bizniss.. as usual pipo represent...

nu-look ballon an nan pye'w... Cool Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: