KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE WAS NOT AT ZENGLEN'S N.Y GIG LAST NIGHT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: RICHIE WAS NOT AT ZENGLEN'S N.Y GIG LAST NIGHT! Reply with quote Back to top

I went to the ZENGLEN/DJAKOUT gig last night, I have to tell you that once again, RICHIE was NOT there.

If you don't think this situation is serious enough, guess again.

Will be back with more.

KM!

Haitien

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess divorce papers will be signed pretty soon huh? Next thing you know you'll hear another Hangout forming behind closed doors. One advice I have for him is whatever it is, work it out. Don't let all the hype (superstar maker) go to your head. You are very talented musician/producer, no one can take that away from you but loyalty speaks volume. Zenglen is where you belong. You went through the worse and single handedly ressurected the band. Don't throw that away thinking you can do it all over again.
Just my opinion.
Haitien

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitien

The story is MORE COMPLICATED than some of us think it is.

STAY TUNED for more.

KM!

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

last night's performance shows that the band really misses richie's leadership, especially in the song selections.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

REALLY?

Why do you say that?

I only caught Zenglen's last 2 songs.

KM!

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i felt the same way about the last SOB's performance. it's great when a band has so many songs in their repertoire that you can go see that band two nights back to back and here a different selection of songs each night. however, child support, fkd, twop kou, 5 etwal, ou se, 50 ans kompa are the bands sure fire hits. when you're playing with a band like djakout you have to come out blazing.last night they played child support, kok gage, fragile, 50 ans kompa, 5 sens +1, good selection when you playing by yourself but not against djakout. i also felt that the rhythm section (ban deye) was a little shaky last night, or just not as tight as usual due to richie & james nozile's absence.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is too sad for me to comment. I have to reflect for a moment. In the meantime - I refuse to believe this is happening.

Ti Boxer

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ETVIIRA

NICOLINA was the ONLY one there last night. Eddy trumpet was NOT there.

KM!

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah pat,

she was blowing all by herself last night, zenglen te vreman an zenglen yeswa, bon jan moso boutey la, i was not a happy camper.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Haitien

The story is MORE COMPLICATED than some of us think it is.

STAY TUNED for more.

KM!

This is very Deep and way complicated, Making it worst it got alot to do with the last live CD that came out 2 week ago. Crying or Very sad Enfin

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: