KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MANNO OBAS.FELDER.FREDYVICE.DOF CHANCY.STANLEY ON HMI IDOLS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: MANNO OBAS.FELDER.FREDYVICE.DOF CHANCY.STANLEY ON HMI IDOLS! Reply with quote Back to top

We asked the following artists below to tell us WHO THEIR MUSICAL IDOLS were when they were growing up, as well as their FAVORITE BAND. This is what we got.

MANNO OBAS (MIZIK MIZIK/LOV): "In terms of artists, it's JOEL WIDMAIER and French singer MICHEL SARDOU. Both because of their stage presence and their exceptional vocals. As far as band, it's LES FRERES DEJEAN. They had a melodic line that was simply unsual like you never heard anywhere else. The horn section was NOT busy at all, it was extremely smooth.

FREDDY VICE (TOP VICE): "My idol was none other than RAYMOND CAJUSTE of BOSSA COMBO. He was an all around vocalist who could sing any musical genre. That's who I tried to emulate in my singing career. In terms of BANDS, I would have to go with TABOU COMBO. They just brought this showbusiness aspect to the hmi that was awesome. They were ahead of the other bands in the hmi in that aspect."

STANLEY HERISSE (KREYOL LA): "I did not have any one person in terms of idol besides my dad, but in terms of bands, I would say SKAH-SHAH. My uncle used to play that band so much that I fell in love with the group."

FELDER ANTOINE (NU LOOK): "My musical idol is GRACIA DELVA. In terms of stage presence and attitude, he is the best. In reagrds to the bands, I would go with LES FRERES DEJEAN. Their musical arrangements were the best and they also had a good compas direct flavor to them as well."

DOF CHANCY (T-TABOU): "In terms of artists, my personal 2 favorites were TI MANNO and COUPE CLOUE. As far as bands, my 2 favorites were TROPICANA and SKAH-SHAH. Just because my band Tabou was competing with Skah-Shah, that does not mean that I could not appreciate their music."

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good iniatives Pat...

Keep it up!

Melokompa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear from the artists, i'm little surprised that Felder picked Gracia as his musical idol, Gazzman pral di vye jes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent post Pat.

Keep them coming....

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great post Pat.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pat, keep doing it with all the artists! I would like to hear from a lot of artists!

modernsound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
" it's LES FRERES DEJEAN. They had a melodic line that was simply unsual like you never heard anywhere else. The horn section was NOT busy at all, it was extremely smooth. '

Very interesting Pat, with Manno' s answer. Now,It all seems to make sense to me why Manno is such a unique Kompa singer. I have always noticed that Manno was uique in the way he sing Kompa. Manno is one of the few Haitian singers that Emphasize on part of words that most other singers Woud not ; Having said that, he likes to be unique.lol lol

Thank you Pat for the interviews. keep them coming!

rorothebest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting Pat,kontinuer ak idee sa ak lot artiste yo.

Si NULOOK n'existait pas,il fallait l'inventer.

Pa suiv NULOOK,jazz la jouinn kob monnin sou dlo.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> ASK THE HMI STARS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: