KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK SHOW @ LA NUIT DES JEUNES..WATCH FOOTAGE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Papi Polo fe blan peyem souple.. peye largent'm peyem"
"Give me my MONEY, give my dola, give me my cho cho"

If Nu-Look PLAYED bad that NIGHT. Then I need them to PLAY BAD EVERYNIGHT.

Kou manman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

GADEON DJAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"MOVE GET OUT THE WAY... MOVE"

woyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJkreyol,

Who said they play bad that night?

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Momo,

I kept reading reviews of people saying that Nu Look had a bad selection of songs.

And the entire night wasnt good performance wise, from all bands.

I think Nu-Look played well, from where Im sitting on my desk.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
NU Look, very nice, beautiful band, your repertoire is ZERO BARE, WRONG, pOOR CHOICE OF MUSIC for this setting.

The first song was awesome, that reallly got the people up jumping and then the next song entere yo. GEEEEEEEE.

One thing though Ralph and Laporte really are in sync they play beautifully well together. Sometimes I feel Gazman needs to have something else to do. Maybe se pou yo bal ou Tcha Tcha as was said previously on this board. I understand why people say Nu Look ap manje nan fanatik System yo. Les grands Depenseurs te la en force last night...
Mesdames Boston yo meme a la de misere mezanmi...Koulanget...
J'ai vu des gladiateurs, mwen we Django, mwen we shaolin, meme Lee Van Cliff te la. lol

The Ban Deye is a swiss time machine. They are very good. Then come Felder ( Neg sa se 95 all the way li fe, li pa nan fai Pele sel bagay machine li ap bay gazz and I love that)

With their choice of songs Nu Look can't compete with the big guys. Maybe they should play in Weddings more often. Mwen we Lariviere vle tounen Luther Vandross haitien.

The above is what I said and most people agreed that their choice of songs was not the best.

You are in a different environment, you can't compare. If someone would give me the recording of the night I would definitely enjoy it.

But where we stand in front of the band - after the first song you sense a big let down. They can fix that problem or they can listen to the Depute J'approuve and be mounted (monte) by all the band in the HMI.

This is a band I love very much, but I can't see them in autodestruction mode. Remember the Ralph COnde issue. People are talking about la Puerta la Puerta, Ralph is a bigger than you think in there...

As for Gazzman, he needs to get another instrument that would keep him occupied when Mr Vandross the River is singing.

konpadiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJK,
You didn't read what I wrote? Ah monche mwen ekri pou granmesi than!
The sound wasn't great that when Arly dropped his solo you did not hear the keyboard at all. However, it was how they performed. I never seen them play this way before. When they play back home they are on vacation, but in NY mwen te sezi..the sound issue had nothing to do with either of the bands performing that night.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay! Djazz red!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: