Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - TI MANNO’s discography >>Gemini All Stars, D.P Express
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TI MANNO’s discography >>Gemini All Stars, D.P Express

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: TI MANNO’s discography >>Gemini All Stars, D.P Expre Reply with quote Back to top

Arrow Arrow Arrow

Good day ladies and gents;

Here’s the complete discography of the amazing, wonderful, fabulous artist, TI MANNO.

Let’s begin with the genial GEMINI ALL STARS DE TI MANNO discography.

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno
LP Musique des Antilles LP 4677 1981

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno Bamboche Creole
LP Chancy CRLP 8029 1985

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno & Orchestra Dernst & Friends En spectacle / Ti Neg Noue
LP St. Aude SA 006 1985

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno Immoralite
LP Mini MRSS 116 n/a

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno L'Argent
LP Marc MARC 352 n/a

Ti Manno and his Gemini All Stars Sida
LP Geronimo GR 0049 n/a

Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno Sort Tiers Monde
LP Geronimo GR LP 8016 n/a

He left us eight wonderful works of art. I have got three; Exploitation, L’Argent and Sort Tiers Monde.

I still have to give you a real music review of L’Argent. You know I have been writing wonders about L’Argent, calling it a masterpiece; well, guess what board?

Explotaition and Sort Tiers Monde are as fabulous and amazing as L”Argent is. They both are a masterpiece; 3 disc of 3; 3 masterpieces.

Holly God! This kid is off the hook, out of this planet! This is amazing. I have listen to five discs of him; two with D.P Express and three with the Gemini; I tell you, each one is a MASTERPIECE.

He is a total and complete master, a true music genius! I just can’t believe what my ears are hearing. He is consistently great; disc after disc, song after song; each and every one is a craftsmanship, a work of art. I am impressed beyond words, I am out of adjectives.

I am so thankful and so exited. I still have FIVE, Gemini All Stars to go >>>> give me, give me, give me THOSE DISCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 RAPIDO POR FAVOR!!

I am already so in love with this artist, with this music, is not even funny; it is ridiculous.

Forget Blues, Jazz, Rock, Funk, Latin, African, World…..forget it. I am not listening to none of that. Since January is Ti Manno all the time, all the time; I am listening to his art on my way to work while riding fast on I-95, on my break, on my way back, on my way to the groceries, on my way to see my new girlfriend (from Serbia, a blond for a change) in my apartment, while I cook, while I make my bed, while I take a shower… it is ALL TI MANNO ALL THE TIME.ALL THE TIME…with the Gemini or with D.P Express but is always his music and his voice coming through my brain, nothing else.

This has never happened to me before. I am obsessed with this artist; a passion, a fight.

Ti Manno The best Of
CD Geronimo GR00293 2004

Ti Manno Les Dernieres Notes
CD Geronimo n/a n/a

I don’t have them, so I am not sure if they are recompilations or have actually original material. I have seen “The best of”; it is a recompilation. I don’t know about the other two.

Next I will include the entire discography of D.P Express. I love D.P so much too.

As much as the Gemini but only when Ti Manno is singing with them; second to Gemini when Ti Manno is not singing with them; then I love Nu Look and Zenglen in whatever order; love them both music equally.

D.P. Express Vol.1 - M'pa Pren Contact
LP Superstar SUP-107 1976

D.P. Express Vol.2 - Pale Pale ou
LP SuperStar SUP-108 1977

D.P. Express Vol.3 - Zafe'ou
LP Superstar SUP-109 1978

D.P. Express Vol.4 - Nou Retoun
LP Superstar SUP-110 1979

D.P. Express Vol.5 - David
LP Superstar SUP-111 1980

D.P. Express Vol.6 - Reflechi
LP Superstar SUP-112 1981

D.P. Express Vol.7 - Pran plezi nou
LP Superstar SUP-113 1982

D.P. Express Vol.8 - Barie

LP Superstar SUP-114 1983

D.P. Express Vol.9 - Tete Cale
LP Superstar SUP-115 1984

D.P. Express Vol.10 - Anba Anba
LP Superstar SUP-116 1985

D.P. Express Vol.11 - D.P.Tounen
LP AP AP-117 1991

D.P. Express ; In memory of Ti Manno D.P. Express live in new York
CD g.M.r. BP 0001 1996

D.P. Express with Larose DP Express Live with Larose
CD n/a Ymp1012 2004

D.P. Express The Best Of - Volume I
CD n/a n/a n/a

D.P. Express The Best Of - Volume II
CD n/a n/a n/a

2007 is my Konpa year. It has to be. I only have two D.P Express disc and I already love them so much. I am salivating to think I still have 13 discs to go and two recompilations!!

I have so far DAVID and NOU RETOUN, both with TI MANNO. He recorded two more with them (I think, but Kalito Kunta correct me if I am wrong); those two are ZAFE OU and REFLECHI then he went on to form the Gemini All Stars de Ti Manno with Ansyto and other great friends and even greater musicians.

If you notice one of D.P records is homage to Ti Manno. They were both great friends to the end and collaborate in many different ways. That is what I want to see from Nu Look and Zenglen.

There is nothing that upsets me more that to see those two fighting over ridiculous, silly stuff; NOTHING; I would thrown them both out of my life before I would have to choose between one or the other; just throw them out for good and for real!

You would cross a line; the minute you two get in any kind of bull shit rivalry that is the minute I throw you out of my heart and my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn from the masters of the past, nouvelle generation! MACHE, MACHE, KONPA MACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TI MANNO DIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ti Manno recorded on Exploitation, his version, the Gemini All Stars version of Corige. Corrige, wrote with two “r” in the Gemini disc, is one song he sings in the album David with D.P Express; great artists collaborating. His version is off the hook; Kalito may get to be a bit upset but actually I like it better than the one he sung with D.P Express.

I can sing along with it PERFECTLY because, guess what? I have the lyrics…. and guess what else? I do because……they are in >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SPANISH! >>> That is right, the lyrics are in Spanish!

How is this possible? You may ask.

Well, let me tell you. It is easy. He sung Corrige in Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I heard it, I was, WOW!!!!! I recognized the song immediately but oh, surprise! I hear it in my own language!; another Ti Manno surprise, another subnormal experience! This is so spooky!!!!!!!! I almost flipped over. Guys you have to warn me please.

But…..Oh, Lord, I am not longer scared anymore....
I am used to it know….…..

Et all; every full moon, its Ti Manno bal music night; as the moon shine bright above, always some weird, strange, mysterious, spooky something is going on…like this past weekend; a full moon night, I find myself driving through Venetian causeway, back and forth, back and forth, ocean bay on both sides, sun roof open, Sort Tiers Monde on the stereo, blasting and me staring at the moon through the sun roof singing and driving.....

I quickly put my eyes down on the road to steer the wheel and back to stare to the Full Moon…………………tuju, tuju, su Konpa!!!!!!!!..while I was thinking about this artist and his legacy and his brave fight.

I will hook you with the lyrics soon. I was thrill to actually be able to understand what he sings! And man was I shocked. I thought that for sure he got murdered; too strong lyrics.

I read in an article that he went on to play with Volvo, but I did not found Volvo so it has to be Volo; so here is part of the discography. I am not sure in which disc he played but these are the years he played there with Volo Volo of Boston.

Can somebody enlighten us, please? When, where, which, how….tell, tell, please.

Volo Volo Hypocrite m'te pale ou
LP Chancy n/a 1978

Volo Volo La Nature
CD Mini MRSD 1084 1979

Volo Volo Nou Nan Route
LP Chancy CRLP 7990 1980

Volo Volo 14 Karat Gold
LP Chancy CRLP 8002 1981

Volo Volo de Boston Met' Cafou
LP Mini MRS 1173 1981

Volo Volo Rara
LP Chancy n/a 1982

Volo Volo Vive Compas
CD Mini MRS 1141 1982

Volo Volo Volo Volo
LP Chancy CRLP 8027

And that is that, Ti Manno’s discography }}}} ******^^^^^^^^^*

Unless someone has a pirate disc or a bootleg disc recorded live in concert; if you do, you have money coming your way because I will pay $$$$$ to get hold of any disc that is not listed here.

If you have them, please do contact me. Do you have memorabilia, books, magazines, anything Ti Manno that is original? Contact me; I will pay for it $$$$

God granted me life so I can hear to the rest of the discs of this monumental, brave, smart and courageous artist; Ti Manno! ^^^+^^^

Have a good and productive day at the office, board!

Mexkompa Roots.

PS Is there any good konpa warrior who has the lyrics to Ti Manno songs????? Please, I am begging you: I am really am…I NEED THE LYRICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I compiled the discography list it from a web site I found when I did my Ti Manno research. I would ask Pat for permission to post the link. It is a data base from a to z of every major Haitian band or artist recorded work.

Man, you know who you are, thank you a million for your amazing and great work!! You made my day. I don’t want to become an archaeologist just to find out how many discs a band play; GREAT JOB MAN. Thank you, thank you!!!

Thank you to Pat also who has done his own great work at this site; bon konpa warriors.

Now is there any other great konpa warrior that has the lyrics?????????????????????

We all have talked until we got blue about cross over; is the language, and the beat, and bla, bla…..you know, just make the lyrics available and you will see how you will cross over and on your own terms………………………..just ask, EMELINE MICHEL.

Ti Manno +^^^^^^^^^^^^ [*I*] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+ Lives On

***++++** >>> Rest in peace >>> Live Forever! >>>>>>>+

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ti manno was in volo volo in the caresse album 1974-75

then he went to astros before dp express...

very early 70's he was in shupa shupa...

i'll come back with more...

Melokompa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompa, i understand your craziness about Ti Manno if you allow me to use the word, but the guy was genius and to me he's still alive through his work. Exploitation Volume is a must have. He was a visionary poet.

Roussini Jean Baptiste aka Ti Manno Forever

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there's a compilation circulating out there, called hommage a ti manno... to me it's a disgrace... a big disgrace to the man's original works.

antouka, some street, or something should be name after this guy..

Inconnu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ACTUALLY LEARNED THAT TI MANNO SERVED A BRIEF STINT IN NEWSTARS AUX CAYES

THAT WAS B4 HE BECAME WELL KNOWN

PJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MexKompa,

There are 2 great albums of TiManno that you left off your list.

Diables du Rythme de St Marc - (first ever)
Astros de NY.

PJ.

Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MEXKOMPA man.....you are an addict, man. Let me give you something to get addicted on.

Here are two DP EXPRESS live with Timanno as the lead singer.

This one is dated 10 october 1980:

LISTEN===> ASANM ASANM LIVE October 1980 with Timanno as lead singer

this one is LIVE in NEW YORK in 1980:

LISTEN==> ZEL SAPAT live a NEW YORK with timanno as lead singer

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inconnu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was told that Ti Manno had a brief stint in "New Stars" Aux Cayes.

I doubt he recorded any studio work with them.

owen1055

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guy is by the best to ever came out of Haiti.

Mrchampagna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Official recordings of Ti Manno

(Early 70's) Diables du Rythme de St Marc

1975 Volo Volo de Boston - Carrese
Voc. Ricot Mazarin, Antoine R. Jean-Bapiste

Face A
1 Caresse (Ti Manno)
2 Armour-Volo (Ti Manno)
3 Piece Nando (Ti Manno)

Face B
1 Reviem Simalo (Ricot Mazarin)
2 Regrets (Whole group)
3 Hep Camarade (Ti Manno)

1976, 1977 Unknown Unconfirmed Era

1978 Astros - Ci-Devant AA Express (Maggy Records 106)
Voc. Ernst Letemps, Antoine R. Jean-Bapiste

Face A
1. Tete Callee
2. Bingo
3. Ce Po
4. Marie Anna

Face B
1. Olivia
2. Business Pam
3. Damballah

1979 Astros - Up to Date Band (Maggy Records 108)
Voc. Ernst Letemps, Antoine R. Jean-Bapiste

Face A
1. Theme
2. Ce Nou Ce Nou
3. Champouelle
4. Fiancaille

Face B
1. A Pa Li Papa
2. Calalou Gombo
3. Mauve Zanmi

More to come later

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: