KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT WAS THE FIRST....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: WHAT WAS THE FIRST.... Reply with quote Back to top

BAL THAT U ATTENDED ????

WHAT WAS THE HIT AT THIS TIME ???

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

let me start :

Me it was SWEET MICKY in 89 and the hit was Ou la la and la grame francaise....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ..My older sister was going and maman'm te di'l pou minin mwen sinon li pa ta prale... Laughing Laughing Laughing

tanalex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeahhhhhhhhhh Embarassed i remember that !! hate it !! li tap suiv mwen tout koté Embarassed pa meme ka al fè yon ti bo Rolling Eyes

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though I have always loved kompa, I started on the bal scene very late.

I had to leave my parents house first.

soh ere it is: 19 years old, karimi, Orlando :

hit: haiti bang bang; I wanna be

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dag it's a long time ago dear. I was 10, 11,or maybe 12 can't remember. And it Was Tropicana @ kenskoff can't forgot that night cause i got to watch my elders do their thing and was eager to learn. Jordanie took me

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trackmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow good subject!!

Mine was in 98, i was 18 just graduated High School! the bal was held at cafe des arts, In hempstead LI. My onlce took , my two best friends, their sisters and i to see T-vice and Zin . Wow i remember, that's the night i fell in love with haitian women!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first bal in the states was Zin at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) and I think it was 1989. This is the time when AC really couldn't dress and he always had some colorful like Hawaiian shirt with those DAMN white sneakers. I loved Alan Cave but his bal attire really had to go in those days. Fem Vole was the MAJOR HIT and Haiti.

My first bal in Haiti was Papash at a club called Rivoli I think it was 1990 (not too sure) (club no longer exists, it was very close to Kinam and place St. Pierre). I had a black dress with this cute flashy bolero vest that I thought was so hot. Gade Yo and Feeling Papash were the major hits.

belchokola

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was very late to Kompa mizik and bals...so it was 2003. And I believe it was CaRiMi...at SOB's.

My impression was that it was very good. The live sounds, dancing, and crowd interaction. After that I became a die hard CaRiMi fan.

Of course I attended other bands...but CaRiMi has a special place in my heart.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PHANTOM/ PARTNERS AND TABOU COMBO....AT THE PALADIUM....THAT WAS MY FIRST CONCERT..BON BAGAY BAGAY SENTI BON NET LOT NIVO......THEN SWEET MICKEY WAS MY FIRST BAL....1990 AT PLATDUSH IN LI.....THEN THE REST IS HISTORY...... Cool

Tilouj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Premye bal mwen sete Mizik Mizik fet Leogane, se yon zanmi manman-m ki te mennen-m, se moun Leogane li ye.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: