KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MAGNUM FORCE BAND 30 ans Deja
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: MAGNUM FORCE BAND 30 ans Deja Reply with quote Back to top

Magnum Force Band is about to celebrate their 30th rekolt cafe in Miami (June 2006).

I went to my first Magnum Bal when I was 12 year old in Les Cayes.

Can you guys share some of your past souvenirs?

One of my souvenir is that Magnum went to les Cayes for a saturday bal and sunday kermesse, they stayed until wednesday. Lundi, Mardi pack.

Polema
La Cayenne

Where are the viejo of the board?

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

momo,
one of the best performance i've seen from magnum was the recent magnum band / tabou combo in haiti last summer. magnum nan lage yon selection anraje nan wel tabou, se rel. i was a great night for guitar lovers to see dadou pasquet & gary josama play on the same night kod gita vibre nan tout peyi-a. btw that night keke belizaire sub'd in for jean claude jean. magnum band's set was really amazing, this band is always TIGHT.

Xcel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never had the chance to see magnum played live. I am looking foward to see them at the festival in Miami this coming May. Magnum band is indeed one of the icon in the industry.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Et 7 era,

Mwen gen document Magnum nan. Passe nan archive la.

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

30 ans deja! My first performance of Magnum was in haiti @ carrefour at the Centre when paka pala was a hit. I became a fan right then and there. One of the best day of my life was when my father gave me an autograph LP of la seule difference album sign by Dadou himself.
My first bal i attended was when they played at a club on empire blvd in Ny. They started their theme musical @ 11p sharp and started playing right after even tough there was only 4 couples there.
My most recent unforgettable, amazing, unbelievable performance was a festival in ny(forgot the name) last year. It tops every performance i have ever saw played by any haitian band all put together, and it wasn't even an 1/2 hour performance. Simply beautiful!!!!!!!!
Happy aniversary to the greatest, baddest, underrated kompa band ever existed point bar!!!!!!!!!

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Belfam, bon ou bel toute bon. Very touching...

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will be there again this year.... My first encounter with the band was last year nan T-Miami Cheri... Je crois que c'etait juste avant la Noel... Great performance....
Dadou vĂȘtu de blanc, ca y est avec l'instrument... Mes parents y etaient egalement, ils se sont trĂšs bien amusĂ©s... Tout moun jwen Very Happy

Magnum Band DJAZZ SWA devant l'eternel Wink

One Luv,

Kara

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Momo, se experience sa yo ki fe mwen difisil a aksepte nimpot mediocrite neg yo ap bay se jou si. M-ap danse yo, chante et vole pompe ave yo min pou stimulate my mind se yon sel Djazz ki ka fel pou mwen. Nowadays i see that zenglen and Nu-look are trying to take me there.

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where is LEON AZUL?

Mwen...yeah............I dig MAGNUM BAND. Cool band.

Does anyone know if the amazing trumpeter ANDREA DEJEAN is with them still?

.... Nowadays i see that zenglen and Nu-look are trying to take me there.
as quoted by belfam..

Great observation. Exactly how I feel. Those two nouvelle generation bands are playing some serious bon konpa music, keeping the tradiion alive.

MeXko R

konpadiva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only witnessed “La Seule Difference” once a couple of months ago. I missed the 29th Anniversary last year; I will try to make it for this one. Hearing the band LIVE is amazing and worthwhile. Happy Early Anniversary to Magnum Band “La Seule Difference”.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: