KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHERE is TABOU COMBO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sexyin4Bs4U2NV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TC is live and well. My troupe is scheduled to perform with them on April 8, 2006 at a Fundraising Dinner Dance for the Haitian Doctors Associations Committee.

I will be performing (solo) as well. I know... I'm a woman with many HATS

kenwatters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Kunta -- you have a PM in your inbox...
-Ken

Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Panama... Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta...

Again please re-read my post and understand exactly where I am coming from... TC is haiti in the eyes of the world meaning they represent our country our culture are you feeling me so doing well in Panama is fine but what about the rest of the world...
how much longer will they be able to keep this up? most of these guys are in their mid -50's bro WHAT! are they planning on doing this at 7o... Check out septen and tropicana these two bands will last forever.
So saying that they are big in Panama means absolutely nothing to me better yet ... they should open the door for other haitian band in these area so that these people can see how much our music have grown over years and that we are not just about juicy lucy...

Madman

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

madman1 wrote:
Quote:
So saying that they are big in Panama means absolutely nothing to me better yet ... they should open the door for other haitian band in these area so that these people can see how much our music have grown over years and that we are not just about juicy lucy

i have to disagree with this statement madman1 becuse i don't see any other band going out of there way to help keep tabou's name alive in the hmi, so why should tc open any doors for anyone. i personally don't feel that the music has grown over the years to reach an international market. i was in panama with tc for the carnival & in december, the only other band i heard getting airplay was magnum band. one of the things i remember the most during this trip was a conversation i had with 2 panamanians who were visiting from the states, who told me that their dream concert would be magnum band/tabou combo... ironically the young generation of today couldn't give a rat's ass for either one of these bands. it is strange how outsiders can appreciate the best from our culture while we reject those same groups.

Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: TC Reply with quote Back to top

JO...

Again let us not be politically correct just for the sake of agreements...
regardless of what anybody is saying TC had the same if not more opportunities than Kassav to be one of the most recognize caribbean band... They chose not to cause at that time Shoubou felt that would be a sellout... any major record shop that you go to you will find kassav in the antilles section what does that say to you man.
Like Momo said their selfishness is the reason why the HMI kind a gave up on them don't use anyone as a scapegoat for their decisions.
You tell me please how can the new band's help TC right now when Shoubou feels like he is doing people a favor by even talking to them... the only reason I feel that he would even agree to work with Carimi was because Carimi's name is big overseas ... C'mon guys the reason for this topic is because we all love TC still we have to be honest with these guys before it is too late I know for a fact that some key members of the group are following this post and know where I am coming from cause I am not a stranger to the band.

Madman Jp

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK OK OK

Now we all love TABOU COMBO or what they did for the music.

What would be your suggestions to TABOU?

Here is mine... GET FRERO FROM ZENGLEN.

Madman pa fache mon cher, Joe pa fache mon cher you know better than anyone that they are selfish. I have the Thanksgiving tape where they presented Joe Montour le nouveau chanteur du Tabou Combo superstar.
But you know we need to keep them breathing and we need to push them.

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

momo,

pa gen fache non gason, ...meanwhile etcetera ap travay

momo if you were freo would you leave zenglen to go to tabou

my suggestion to is to retire on a good note, which is my suggestion to any musician who only sees the music as their next paycheck.

epi mesye nom mwen se et-VII-era li ye tande, who in the HELL is this joe mouton or djo montour character anyway Laughing Very Happy Razz

momo...kite'l mache tande, ann pale de do-la pito,

mad la, ou pa dako

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

&7era,

Nap kite sa la, but mwen pa kwe yo supose retire. If they do this would be a major blow for Haitian Music.

Me I would get Freo, mete Shoubou on the banc for big events.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LeMoMo

How could they put Shoubou on the banc. He is one of the owners of that band. That cannot happen without some consequences.

Tabou is like the Rolling Stones to me, there are many who will flock to see them perform but buying their CDs is a different thing altogether.

As long as there are gigs, they should not retire for a moment. I will admit there impact in the HMI has diminished considerably. Also, they do ask for a hefty price to perform. They may have their reasons but overall they are an institution.

However, to Haitians like myself, they are virtually insignificant in the HMI and it shows. The longer they continue in this path, they will be consider the only Haitian band that plays exclusively for foreigners. That can eventually be a problem.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone,

I don't want to RETIRE Shoubou not at all. I said to make space for a new singer as Douby is doing it with DaBenz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: