KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHERE is TABOU COMBO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Madman,

You are absolutely 100% wrong. Tabou is an institution, they should have prepared the future back in 1988-89 with aux Antilles.
As an institution, we must protect it.

Their last album had good content unfortunately, not produced and mixed right. I am still enjoying Baby Fe in Rough Rider's Gary Josama.

After I came out of la nuit des Jeunes I realised we have a problem, we are going in decrescendo. nou mele.

Brodeur, Can you do better than Tabou Combo? L'avenir dira le reste...Map suiv ou...

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

Le Momo...

Your response prove that you didn't understand what I wrote or misread what I wrote...
Let me break it down a bit...
No one is denying that Tabou is an institution...as I mentioned this is my favorite haitian band ever... and on top of that I wrote a song on tabou's album Kolaj I have worked with the guys and all...
My point is exactly what you said they should have prepared for this back in 1989... regardless of what anyone says Tabou had the chance to do just that with lalala on Keys & vocals Ronald Felix on bass, Garry josama Lead guitar with these guys alone right now in the business Tabou would still be on a pedestal where every other band would have to look up to try and reach where they would have been.
Le Momo for you of all people to respond that way someone that I know to be extremely fair and non partial I am shocked... loyalty !!!!
First and foremost the comparaison to the other AMI artist is insane simply because the strain and energy that it takes a kompa singer to perform an entire evening Ray Charles wouldn't survive 2nights in a row doing that ...so before you guys jump the gun THINK about where I am coming from.
As an institution we must protect it FINE that was Tabou's job to prepare for the future now you tell me how are we the fan suppose to do it when the band is stuck back in the 80's...
Now your question should have been how come our so called promoters are booking Tvice & Carimi for 3 festivals in a row and not call the hardest working band in the bizinis with almost 40 years under it 's belt...
The moment Herman Nau left Tabou to pursue his political dream there has been a void in the band as a whole cause he was the backbone of the group in more ways than one... C'mon guys you are not talking to someone that is just talking for talking if you were to remove your personnal emotions and love for the band like I am doing you would have seen it for what it is.....
Bottom line is this music has changed and Tabou with Danny & Ronald had the chance to do just that and beyond THEY CHOSE NOT TO for whatever reason... and this is why now they are riding on the name musically like you just said Momo they had a couple of good tracks on their last album... for me that isn't good enough cause 90% of the times their projects are classics... but that was in the PAST....
Now I am flattered for you to even mention me on the same sentence with Tabou comparing me to them is asinine and emotional which is something that I don't ususally get from Mr le calm Momo...
Mon frere l'avenir en dira que ma destine sera le mien point bar....poze gason poze mwen rinmin Djazzz la tout et mwen manke li tout... Momo Madman ou an wi ou pa ta fem sa....!!!!!!

From what you said out of all of their projects how many albums of Tabou Combo do you know that wasn't mixed properly not many in my book so WHY NOW?

Madman....

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Men Kompa!!!

Ce reaction sa meme wi mwen tap cherche...lol

FYI Tabou is not my favorite. I respect their accomplishment and what they did for Haitian music.

Even though their selfishness is killing them now. Mabouya Mabouya...

But still we can't let this band go like that.

Brodeur, se ak gro pince pou yo retire bon parol nan bouche nou.

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

Le Momo...

You are nuts... bro!!!!!!

You know that I will always keep it real regardless...
I was just telling this shorty that is sitting next to me... that you must've been drinking cause this is not the Momo that I know... he he he!!!

Madman

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

momo,
it's fine to respect a band for what they've accomplished in the past, but in order remain relevant in the music market you have to be producing good music. how many times are we going to listen to mabouya, nyc, aux antilles???

"si vye grenn bwa yo pa ale jenn boujon pap ka pouse, pouse" TC akiyoko
se yo menm wi ki e di li

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joe,

Casque ou nan main'w bay gaz....

Madman,

Fok nou fai conversation an mache...

Mabouya = JCJ + DP

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

Fe respew bos papa... ou vle fe enterem... tanpri frem....

you know how some don't like to hear verite... mwen pa avew... maybe next subject... map swiv ou wi...Anmweyy!!!!!

loco Momo....

Madman

konpadiva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The band is still present, however, not making as much noise within our community as before. Their last album was not what I was expecting after four years without one. TC is my favorite Konpa band, and it is unfortunate as a fan that I do not keep up with every thing that they do anymore. The band does have an institution, and essential to keep it going with new faces otherwise there will be a demise. Tropicana and Septentrional has done it for decades, so they are able to the same as well

kenwatters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tabou's schedule on the "concerts" page of their website has been updated:
www.taboucombo.com

Kunta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually a Panamian co-worker told me TABOU did a great job during the PANAMA kanaval. Old game or not, He said TABOU gave a hell of a show. One thing...Compas is bigger in the panamian market than any other non-Haitian/creole speaking communities. For Tabou, going back to Panama was going back to their third home after NY and Haiti. Madman no matter how old tabou is, they have territories Haitian bands would love to be popular in right now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: