KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHERE is TABOU COMBO
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeMoMo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: WHERE is TABOU COMBO Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on Tabou Combo lately. I would hate to see an institution like Tabou Combo mouri.

I see Fanfan se politik selman li pale nan HP.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon se vre...kote tabou ? it's been a while we didn't hear from them ?
what are they up to ? Rolling Eyes

kenwatters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FUNKY wrote:
Bon se vre...kote tabou ? it's been a while we didn't hear from them ?
what are they up to ? Rolling Eyes

I wasn't with them on this last trip, but last Monday they got back from 7 days in Panama & Costa Rica. From what I was told, they had great concerts there & the crowds went completely insane for them.

I do know that they have a busy spring & summer coming up -- lots of traveling -- some domestic & some to very far away places...
-KW

FUNKY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Ken for the info Wink

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

LeMomo....

It will happen sooner or later you have to admit they have been milking it for awhile now... Like Michael Jordan I would prefer to retire knowing that I can still do it instead of when I can't no more...
Momo what do you think....?

When was the last time Tabou had a serious hit ... still my favorite haitian but to be honest I really lost track of the band and I am certain that I am not the only one... No doubt an Icon of a band but what have they done lately and please I am not criticizing I am simply asking for some additional info.

like who's in the band right now... and is Shoubou still the lead singer things like that.

JP

Last edited by Madman1 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D'après moi, Tabou Combo se pi gwo institution ki gen lan hmi la. Par contre semblé ke étranger pi aprecier yo ke ayitien. C'est vraiment dommage

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

Madman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

Neg M...

I feel you on that but do you think maybe it is because music listeners now are more aware of what is happening musically... meaning Kompa has changed over the years but has Tabou...
The last time I saw the band which was about 4 years ago when they played for me at a venue the only track they played that had people going was juicy lucy so what do you think?

Madman...

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Madmann

I agree with you,

Yo ta supposé chercher on ti jan modernisé bagay yo

Btw. kileur dol ap vinn Mtl lol

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

Madman1 wrote:
LeMomo....

It will happen sooner or later you have to admit they have been milking it for awhile now... Like Michael Jordan I would prefer to retire knowing that I can still do it instead of when I can't no more...

Music entertainment and sports are two different and distinctive entities, and comparing the two is rather asinine. Athletes have age and physical limitations that impede their performances, where as an artist is not bound by those limitations. Had people like Ray Charles, Sinatra and others not died, they would still be respected performers. Tito Puente was performing until the very end. Why do our artists have to have limitations?

The problem with our community is we lack the capacity to appreciate the people who have paved the way for the current artists. Before they were Carimi, T-Vice and others, Tabou was traveling all over the world to promote Haitian music and culture.

Stwilguens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Tabou... Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
Madman1 wrote:
LeMomo....

Music entertainment and sports are two different and distinctive entities, and comparing the two is rather asinine. Athletes have age and physical limitations that impede their performances, where as an artist is not bound by those limitations. Had people like Ray Charles, Sinatra and others not died, they would still be respected performers. Tito Puente was performing until the very end. Why do our artists have to have limitations?

The problem with our community is we lack the capacity to appreciate the people who have paved the way for the current artists. Before they were Carimi, T-Vice and others, Tabou was traveling all over the world to promote Haitian music and culture.

I agree 100%, plus the so call promoteurs now a day aren't promoning our music the right way.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: