KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE/GRACIA: THE OFFICIAL KM.COM SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr KM well put,greattttt review,agree a 1000% with you.St Valentin is also my favorite.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
You guys are starting to make me think that there' something wrong with my ears.

jean, I went and listened and listened...

I am not saying this album is not good...musically it is very good.

But I still maintain that it does not have the commercial sound that will appeal to the mass of kompa listeners.

Syro, Like JVJ said, retire bagay commercial la nan tete ou so you can enjoy this cd to the fullest. Very Happy

I noticed you're not the only one to say that because a lot of people were expecting a commercial sound that every band is playing out there. Ritchie went the other way.

St Valentin, A Lanve, Suk Sale & MMS are my favorites

Good job on the review Pat.

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i just can't get enough of that track 'a lanve' the whole cd is tha bomb just like i said it would be.All the B.S talkers that was talking about GRACIA beeing OVERATED i bet ya eating your words out now.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Masterpice by richie again! " Du bon bagay"! That is all i can say.
Papa is a bomb! A l'envers, that is how kompa used to be played.
Bon bagay!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick Desvarieux, se ave'w map mache
Excellent review. There's nothing for me to add.
Mwen we ke'w konten pou bel travay R&G lage ate... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
6) PRAN PLEZI NOU (DP EXPRESS): I don't recall this DP Express song, maybe because I was a SCORPIO fan, so I blocked everything that had to do with DP out of my mind. Having said that, the track is very well put together. Pardon me if I am a bit lukewarm towards the adaption songs on this cd. I will tell you why later in the review.

Pat, this version of this classic was in my view very weak. It would have been adviseable to not done it. A classic song should never be a filler in a remake. It shows lack of respect in my view. Other then that the CD is excellent.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right H1..After listening to the original, this version is slightly weaker...

However,

It's placement behind " A lanve" and just before "St. Valentin" is good for me...it gives you two faster paced songs before the ballad...Personally, I like the song and don't have a big problem with it...

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAT, very good review. You've taken the right time to listen to the album.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

Kremas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent review. The album is everything that you said and more. I won't comment on the pertinent positive since you have meticulously covered all of them.`However

I will side with you on the issue of the adaptation. the album has 3 adaptations and two intro (1 & 5) which left it with as little as 6 original compositions. This is a bit below the mark. That is the second time Richie has produced a short handed album. Just for the sake of history, I will mention that richie's previous album had about the same number of original composition. But, compare tho this album, the adpatation were masterpeices and somehow were percived as original. In all honesty, they were the closest you can come to an original song.
The adpatation in this Richie and Gracia's album should not have been signed Richie. As far as i'm concerned they were just straigt up rendition of the original. The were not adapted to fit any special musical genre or purpose as one would expect from an adaptation. These 3 song should have been credited to the original composers, Richie should not have signed them.
Why so many interlude, intro and adptations?

Simple, lack of composition from Gracia Delva. I was disappointed to see that there were no composition from Gracia Delva on the album. As someone who wrote 3/4 of Mass sompas latest CD, I felt like Gracia should have put more on the album. Gracia's lack of involvement beside the singing made the album more like a Richie project to which Gracia was invited.

maraboute

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice breakdown...

I can't wait to listen to the CD...I knew this would be a masterpiece. Anyway, CD was sold out in my area(good sign I guess). I will check again....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: