KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RUSSELL SIMMONS AND KIMORA LEE ANNOUNCES SPLIT!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: RUSSELL SIMMONS AND KIMORA LEE ANNOUNCES SPLIT!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

NEW YORK (AP)- The marriage of hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and his model-turned-entrepreneur wife, Kimora Lee, has come to an end.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press on Friday, Simmons announced the pair had decided to break up after seven years of marriage. Rumors had swirled for the past week that a split was imminent. The couple have two young daughters.

"Kimora and I will remain committed parents and caring friends with great love and admiration for each other," Simmons said. "We will also continue to work side by side on a daily basis as partners in all of our businesses."

Simmons is head of Rush Communications, but is perhaps better known as the co-founder of Def Jam Records and for his Phat Farm clothing line. In recent years, he has become more involved in politics, and helped to create the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network.

Over the years, Kimora Lee Simmons has become almost as famous as her husband, thanks to her successful Baby Phat clothing line and her glamorous diva persona, which has been documented in numerous magazine spreads.

Although the pair have appeared at public events together in recent weeks, the statement said they had been separated for "some time," even though they were still living together.

TI AU-CAP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Minli **** ton'ne. WOOOW

CatDog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I know I'm not shock about the split. We're dealing for stars Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Too bad for the kids, but at least they're being friendly about it.

Now help me understand this. With the money that these people have, how the heck can they be seperated for a while and still live together? What there is no available places in NY?

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CatDog wrote:
Well I know I'm not shock about the split. We're dealing for stars Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Now help me understand this. With the money that these people have, how the heck can they be seperated for a while and still live together? What there is no available places in NY?

Maybe you didn't catch that episode of MTV Cribs when they took the whole show....I don't think that there's another place in NY that is built yet that resemblles the lavish layout and decorum of ttheir NY house...Kimora will probably keep that house and Russell has to get another place...But to answer you question, that place was so big that they probably never even ran into each other in the house...LOL

CatDog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Konpaconvert thanks for answering. I should have guessed that. Laughing Laughing I stop watching MTV Cribs a long time ago.

KREOLA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to hear about the break-up...I give them credit for not letting it get out of hand and nasty.
Chak jou moun ap kite epa pou yo mwen ta sezi Exclamation

daphnee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
CatDog wrote:

Maybe you didn't catch that episode of MTV Cribs when they took the whole show....I don't think that there's another place in NY that is built yet that resemblles the lavish layout and decorum of ttheir NY house...Kimora will probably keep that house and Russell has to get another place...But to answer you question, that place was so big that they probably never even ran into each other in the house...LOL

Wasn't that house in my good old home state of New Jersey...I believe it was...either way what's new Rolling Eyes another high profile couple that couldn't stick with it...do vows mean anything to anyone anymore??? What happened to for better or worse???

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kimora Lee finn $ou$e, lap jete'l kounyea. Let'$ $33, alimony, Child $upport. Wifouuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttt. Manmzel Jwen. Cool

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always feel bad when a HIGH-PROFILE couple split and there are KIDS involved BUT I do hope this divorce is amicable.

Side note: I wonder if Kimora signed a pre-nup, also I wonder RIGHT now who is bringing more bacon because I know Kimora has Bapy Phat, her perfume and a talk show?

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
I always feel bad when a HIGH-PROFILE couple split and there are KIDS involved BUT I do hope this divorce is amicable.

Side note: I wonder if Kimora signed a pre-nup, also I wonder RIGHT now who is bringing more bacon because I know Kimora has Bapy Phat, her perfume and a talk show?

From what I understand, Kimora is doing very well. Someone told me she's doing nearly as well - if not better than Russell in terms of wealth and worth. Not sure how acurate is this piece of info but that's what I heard.

I wonder about the pre-nup too LadyK.

Ti Boxer

Last edited by Ti boxer on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: