KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*TVICE'S SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: *TVICE'S SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the OFFICIAL KM.COM song by song breakdown of TVICE'S NEW CD. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE REVIEW to get the whole point of our review.

1) KITEM VIV: Usual Party groove song from the Vice crew...Brings nothing new to their musical repertoire. Yo fel deja an plusieu fwa. The song is more GROOVE oriented, rather than melody/catchy chorus oriented...more in the same flavor as "4 Las". Guitar groove at 3:10 mark is sick. Will rock bals. SHOULD NOT BE THE OPENING TRACK ON THE CD. PEDALE KOMPA should have been the one.

2) BEAUTE DANGEUREUSE: Beautiful intro...Nice mixture of Roberto and Olivier on vocals. One of the two most catchiest tracks on the cd. One of our personal favorites. The KEYBOARD GROOVE that comes in at the 2:15 mark and carries the tune is very commercial. Should be a big hit for the group IF PUSHED like they did with "Innocent". Will be the favorite song of many on the cd...Guaranteed.

3) CHACHE FANM PA'W: It took me a few listens in order for me to warm up to this song. Very good subject to sing about...The THEME might make it a hit AT BALS. I don't see it as a hit song OUTSIDE of bals....even though it has 2 catchy choruses. New style Cardozo rap in there which works....plus another one from James that brings nothing new to the table. (Old style)

4) SANTIM' TA KRIYE: Catchy ZOUK flavored intro before it turns into a compas rocker. Olivier proves that he is not just a ballad singer. There is an undeniable Carimi flavor to this track towards the last half of the song. It's a good track, even though it's a bit weird NOT to hear Roberto's voice on there...even though we think it's a good strategic move. Killer guitar licks by Roberto reminds people that he is in the song.

5) HAITI PAP KRAZE: THE BEST PURE TRACK ON THE CD. Will be a HUGE HIT for the group if pushed properly, with the possibility of coming close to matching "Bidi Bidi Banm Banm"...ok...perhaps "Gason Makome" as biggest hits in their catalog. DEEP lyrics with the old tvice flavor that many seem to love and can't get over. The type of song that Olivier should have been featured a bit more than only towards the end of the song..but make no mistake about it...strangely enough, despite his shortcomings in the vocal department...BERTO'S VOICE does help make the song what it is.

6) PEDALE KOMPA: The no doubter hit on the cd. Radio ready...Black Alex with his catchy voice...mixed in with the catchy groove and choruses...makes this song another potential big hitter for TVICE with the possibility of challenging "Sensation" and "Gason Makome" as their biggest hits so far. Wyclef also appears on this track, but make no bones about it, BLACK ALEX steals the song from both Wyclef and TVice....however when it becomes a hit AS EXPECTED...TVICE is the one that will reap the benefits.

7) GET TO KNOW ME: Here is a song which is a very good song with the possibility of making lots of damage...ONLY MAJOR PROBLEM IS...It will most likely GET LOST IN THE SHUFFLE of this cd because there are others that will get more attention. It is a shame becuse I LOVE THIS SONG WITH A PASSION...And I am sure that many will as well because of all the ingredients that it offers. BAD SONG PLACEMENT...This song should have been one of the first 5 songs on the CD...not where it is. THAT MIGHT HURT THE SONG.

8) A3 (EVERY MAN'S FANTASY): Apart from the memorable topic, off the top of my head, I can't recall anything else about the song. Maybe after a few listens I will, but I have the other TVICE songs from this cd on my mind, so the fact that this does not register yet...THAT COULD BE A PROBLEM...because it might be the case for many others as well. I am not saying that it is not a good song...Just saying that I am not remembering it right now.

9) J'AIMERAIS TE REVOIR: I would be worried that this song would also suffer the same fate as "Get to Know Me", because it is a very very nice song sung really well by Roberto and Jocelyne Labylle. The ONLY reason that I am not worried about the song getting lost is because I know that this song will be pushed in the French Antilles market, therefore, it will do it's job of marketting the group to those parts of the world. Good representation.

10) 4 LAS...OLD SONG...NO REVIEW

11) CARNIVAL...NO REVIEW

PROS: All in all...This is TVICE's strongest CD in a long time. I would even go as far as saying that it is their best work so far...YES...Better than the "Sensation" CD. The group continues to mature.

OLIVIER is a GREAT addition to the group. BON BAGAY NET!

The group used BLACK ALEX extremely well on this cd...making sure that he was brought in to HELP GIVE THEM A HIT.

CONS: The song placement on the cd leaves a little to be desired. "Haiti Pap Kraze", "PEDALE KOMPA", and "GET TO KNOW ME" should have all been part of the first 5 songs on the CD. Follow Richie's rule...PUT THE BEST SONGS ON THE CD ahead of everything else to get the listener's attention AS SOON AND QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

TVICE needs to stop a little bit with the "Yo Accusem'" style of songs and comments from Roberto. It is becoming redundant trying to prove or talk about their innocence in their songs. "Kitem Viv"...and "GET TO KNOW ME" (That one at the beginning) have those comments in there.

OLIVIER should have been used slightly a bit more on this cd...Yes he is given a whole song to sing by himself, but the song "Haiti Pap Kraze", and perhaps another one should have at least featured him somehow even if it's not as lead vocalist.

TVICE HAS WINNER in their hands with this cd. STRONGEST WORK IN YEARS .....GIN HIT SOU PLAK LA...Now it's up to them to make the public accept them as hits.

KM!

NandyGeorges

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patrick didnt i tell you that about a month ago, when they made me listen some of the tracks, that T-Vice wil surprise everyone with their new cd?? I TOLD YOU SO!!!...lol... antouka, i thik its the best album so far. You dont have to wait or relisten to the song before they grow in you, depi sou premye tande a, ou gentan ap sekwe tet ou...
My favorite track among all is "Cheche fan'm Pa'w" I love the groove and melodie on that one.... antouka bel cd net al kole....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jan'm te pwomèt Bèto an e kòm KM pa mind m'ap bay review detaye pa'm la nan post sa pou evite polusyon sou board la... Ceci étant dit, s'on cd ke'm pa rayi dutou... Leu'l bon di'l bon Laughing Laughing ... An gwo T-Vice repran stil ki te fè'l ap file an flèch la Razz Razz Razz

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good review. Good critiques and praises...Nothing more to add!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice review...
I gave it a C+...

How would you grade this CD Pat?

Fran7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice breakdown KM...however m poko dekashte CD T-Vice lan juska nou jou...M STUCK nan CaRiMi an pou kounya...but leu'm tande'l ma grade li...

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EXCELLENT BREAKDOWN AGAIN KM............

I WAS NOT SKIPPING......yo te dim sa mwen pat vle beleive.....

All i will add travay tvice fais nan album sa se CARIMI KI POU TE FEL.....NEGS CARIMI YO FON DOMI TVICE TOUT PRAN DEVANT..... Idea .......

Last....I have a bone to pick ak ROBERTO.......mezanmi ki les ou ap kite ROBERTO......There's a song CANT REMEMBER KI YES comme mwen pa ko guin album nan se files la map tande......ROBERTO LAGUE KOMPA KOMPA EXATEMENT JEAN MICKAEL RINMIN DIT KOMPA KOMPA LES CARIMI AP PLAY LIVE.....DANM......

ANYWAY BLACK ALEX IS DA BOMB AND YES WYCLEFF PA ADD NADA NAN MUSIC SA.....KE FAIS NOISE......BLACK LA ANIME ...METE ON CHALLEUR NAN MUSIC SA SE PA JWET.......I have it on repeat.....Gerald fais BASS LA PALE NAN MUSIC SA........Will pick up my copy tomorrow ...cd sa merite achete Cool

Good Job

--Winston Churchill

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great Review Pat...

Let me just say that T-VICE is not the only band with those stupid remarks...YO AKUSEM or YO ANPECHE DJAZZ LA MACHE. Every band seem to think that they're are a VICTIM. of what, mwen pa konnin.

I agree with you, ROBERTO NEEDS TO STOP THAT... You don't need to prove anything to anyone... KITE MUZIK LA PALE POU OU.

Pat, ou minm ak mwen gin yon problem wi la a...
On the KREZI ALBUM LET'S TALK does nothing for you... mwen se chante mwen pi RINMIN.

On the T-VICE ALBUM CHACHE FANM PAW took you a few listenings... Se Favorite song PAM.

I will try to find out ki Mizik ou pa trop feel poum ka tande yo. Laughing

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT REVIEW.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very nice cd. I have been listening to the cd for awhile and it is good. The best kompas song on the cd are : every man's fantasy and santim ta krye. Pat, not only zouk, tabou, i think has a similar intro like that in one of their songs.
As you said, some of the songs resemble carimi's.
But, overall, very good cd.
I have yet to listen to kdans, carimi. Besides richie, krezi mizik, t-vice has the second best cd outthere. Again, i have yet to listen to carimi and kdans.
good job tvice

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked

NEGKREYOL...WAP FEM SEZI WI.

I KNOW that I NEVER SAID that I did not like "LET'S TALK" by KREZI. THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ON THE CD...I even said t had a KONPA KREYOL FLAVOR on there. That's why I said I loved it so much. Al checke pou we.

I said "BAGAY YO RED" was the one that I was not feeling for Krezi. Very Happy

BACK TO T-VICE

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: