KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

"Kidnapping" film NYC premier SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TanBouM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: "Kidnapping" film NYC premier SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS Reply with quote Back to top

I was talking with a friend last night, who attended a recent "Premier" showing of the new Haitian film Kidnapping". She was HIGHLY dissappointed by the way the event organizer(s) handled the affair. Despite what appeared to be a good film, and the presence of Mecca aka Grimo who flew up from MIAMI to attend -- she could not sit through the movie.

WHY? Because it was being shown projected onto a wall!!!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

In her words, it was "half a wall, the picture was tilted sideways and part was cropped off, and the wall was painted with oil paint, so the film appeared with a yellow tint". On top of that - she said that the only sound system they had was the sh*&ty little built in speaker on the dvd player/projecter, which they had just taken out of the box and plugged 5 minutes before showtime. There was a loud hum, (like when something isnt properly grounded) emitting from the speaker as well, and when audience members began complaining they couldnt hear, they just cranked up the tiny speaker's volume-- so of course the HUM got louder too.

She said she felt really bad for Grimo and the filmmakers, but she had to walk out.

BAGAY SA YO PA SIPOZE FET KONSA....

PS - it cost TEN BUCKS to attend this GALA PREMIERE!!!!!!!

konpadiva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BON,

This is the second case of reading about Bad Movie Premiere's in NY within the last month. Ginle se Florida pou yo tout fet. Very Happy Aller nan Miami Shores Theather pito. I saw the premiere of "Cafe au Lait" there. It may be small, however, you watch it in an actually Movie Theather. Se pas school projectors... Laughing Laughing Let me stop! This is something that needs to be rectified. Movie Premieres can not continue to be in these types of venues with school projectors. People are pulling out the hard earned cash to see these films and their Time. The individuals behind these showcases can't continue to give the public garbage. The standards need to be raised.

pipirite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Konpadiva,

The 2 events are related. Joana went to see LA REBELLE and TanbouM's friend went to see KIDNAPPING!!!

Both events were at the same place....and both events were under the same PROMOTEUR TET CHAT!!!!

Compare both posts and you will see the sad similarities... Rolling Eyes

Just incredible...

TanBouM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpadiva wrote:
Se pas school projectors... Laughing Laughing Let me stop! This is something that needs to be rectified. Movie Premieres can not continue to be in these types of venues with school projectors. People are pulling out the hard earned cash to see these films and their Time. The individuals behind these showcases can't continue to give the public garbage. The standards need to be raised.

DONT STOP!! These things need to be BLASTED by the public... like Pipirite says, its the only way these tet chat promoters will realize they cant get over like this anymore. Independant filmmakers use blood sweat and tears to get a movie produced... they deserve better!

KD - the way my friend described it, a school projecter would have been a step UP from what they had going on. LITERALLY.
DISGRACEFUL.

konpadiva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pipirite & TanbouM,
It makes sense now with the Fiasco occurring back to back. These individuals need to be out of Business, if they are NOT able to put together a Movie Premiere. Who told them to get into the business? Quite frankly, I do not see why it is so hard to have a lavishing Premiere for the Paying Public and Actors, Producers. If you have the Financial backings, the Venue, etcs, why is not possible?. Promoteur sa yo se TET Chaje vre!! The Public should not have to settle for this type of Garbage. If I were able too; I would get involved in the Haitian Film Industry, some of these people need help with Organization.

KREOLA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and Simple

Why do you guys support those people Question Question
If they did it once, they'll do it again if they find your support.

After reading about this bad turn-out{2}...If I'm ever in the NY area and there is a premiere showing...I would rather go watch a movie instead and support Denzel and others.

Apres ya di...Oh oui Haitian pa supporte Haitian parreil yo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: