KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SURGEONS REMOVE TWO FETUSES FROM INFANT!!! AMAZING!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: SURGEONS REMOVE TWO FETUSES FROM INFANT!!! AMAZING!!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

By PAUL GARWOOD, Associated Press Writer

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Surgeons operated on a 2-month-old Pakistani girl Tuesday to remove two fetuses that had grown inside her while she was still in her mother's womb, a doctor said.

The infant, who was identified only as Nazia, was in critical condition following the two-hour operation at The Children's Hospital at Pakistan Institute of Medical Science in the capital, Islamabad, said Zaheer Abbasi, head of pediatric surgery at the hospital.

Abbasi, the chief doctor who led the operation, said the case was the first he was aware of in Pakistan of fetus-in-fetu, where a fetus has grown inside another in the womb.

"It is extremely rare to have two fetuses being discovered inside another," Abbasi told The Associated Press, adding that he did not know what caused the medical abnormality. "Basically, it's a case of triplets, but two of the siblings grew in the other."

The baby comes from Abbotabad, about 30 miles north of Islamabad. She is the fifth child of a woman in her 30s, who was at the hospital to be with her daughter. Her father works in the Arabian Gulf.

Abbasi said surgeons removed the two partially grown fetuses, totaling about two pounds, that had died at about 4 months.

Other fetus-in-fetu cases have been reported elsewhere in the world. A report in a June 2000 issue of the U.S. journal Pediatrics called such occurrences rare and estimated their rate at about 1 per 500,000 births.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what I call "a first!" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Unbelievable!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ti Boxer

cici

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, this case reminds me of something I watched on the Discovery channel[ actually 2 shows]. This is actually interesting news to hear!!

One:
A young boy has surgery to remove what looked like a fetus in his stomach. When they took it out, it looked like a half shaped human being. They did an autopsy to figure it out. They still are confused on what is is.

Two:
A 75 yr old woman was pregnant for a very long time and did not even know it.. Doctors thought it was a tumor or something grave, but were surprised to see a odd shaped fetus!!

JenJen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never heard of that scenario myself. Amazing! So many things can go awry once fertilization occurs.

I saw the same Discovery Health show with the 75 year old Morrocan woman who carried a dead fetus for 46 years. The pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy so the embryo attached istself outside of the uterus. The fetus developed to term, but was not in a position to come out so the baby eventually died. To protect itself from infection, her body formed a casing of calcium around the dead fetus. The woman knew that she was pregnant. When the baby stopped moving, she concluded that the baby "went to sleep". She went on with her life until 46 years later abdominal pains brought her back to the hospital where physicians discovered "a mass" to find out later that it was actually a calcified fetus.

JenJen

KREOLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's unbelievable the diseases and abnormal things that are happening on this earth Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ENFIN Exclamation Exclamation se sa yo rele la fin du monde nan Crying or Very sad

The other day on Maury they were showing this 14 yrs old girl from Haiti with an enornous tumor Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad on her face. It was very sad for me to watch Sad

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unbelievable...tandé de bagay mezanmi.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Negkreyol,

se pa jwet non man! Jan'w we Kreyola sot di ya, se la fin du monde wi gason'm.

...cause I have never heard of any such thing in my life!! Never!

Ti Boxer

belchokola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW...this is remarkable!!

I hope the baby will safely recover.

Neg Lakay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jan nap polye lemond, pran poz nou se mèt Lanati. Anyen pa twop pase nou. Nou se chen mèt chen metrès, bagay konsa pa ta dwe fè nou sezi konsa. Yo pran poz ap goumen kont "terorists", ap chache WMD. Pi gwo WMD yo se nan men YO sa chita. WMD sou tout fom.
Kreyol pale kreyol konprann!

Peace!
Neg Lakay

Raymi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neglakay,

Se gwo bagay ou di la wi gasom....

Boxer,
Post bam chills.....Well nothing should be a shock anymore in this day in age....

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: