KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

U-TURN MAESTRO EXPLAINS WHY HE PUT THE BAND TO SLEEP!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: U-TURN MAESTRO EXPLAINS WHY HE PUT THE BAND TO SLEEP! Reply with quote Back to top

Ever wonder what happened to upcoming NYC group U-TURN? We spoke to maestro JEFF...who has surprising news.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What's the deal with U-TURN? Is the band still alive, or is it another victim in the NYC band market?
JEFF: "I personally put U-TURN to sleep and I won't blame it on NYC market. U-turn did a lot of good things and our album wasn't so bad; but we had internal problems and lack of promotion. It was a great experience for me. I learned and I now know better."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: You disbanded the band yourself, or you all went your separate ways?
JEFF: "We all went our separate ways but I still keep in touch with some key members."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Was U-TURN good enough to make it in the tough NYC market or not?
JEFF: "Based how well the band was playing...YES U-Turn was good enough to make it."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In your opinion, do NYC promoters give proper chance to upcoming NYC bands to make a dent in the market; or do you feel that they are more interested in bringing out of town bands to NYC?
JEFF: "They are more into bringing out of town bands to make a quick cash Then take chances with local new bands."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: So what can we expect from you? NEW BAND? What name?
JEFF: "Great product, with a lot of maturity, can't put the name out yet, but Stand by. I can tell u that By spring we will introduce the band to the press and the public."

KM!

bel_melody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's business after all. Unless a band is doing very well, I don't think any promoter will take chance bookng a fresh new local band especially if marketing is not well done.

Big VALBOSKI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When U-Turn said "We Got Next," I did not take it as they were next to go to sleep. Now, I know.

THEREALME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

u-turn was a good band i still enjoy their live#maestro jeff paret tout kow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: