KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ARLY LARIVIERE SHOWING PROPER LOVE TO THIS HMI LEGEND!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: ARLY LARIVIERE SHOWING PROPER LOVE TO THIS HMI LEGEND! Reply with quote Back to top

In a business where so many of our LEGENDS/MUSICIAN IDOLS end up disappearing from the scene; often NOT having taken full advantage of all their contributions to our music; I must say it is refreshing to see what is going on with ANDRE DEJEAN in NU LOOK.

LES FRERES DEJEAN, one of so many LEGENDARY BANDS in our business...through ANDRE in a way is still alive and visible for today's generation; and that compliment must also go to NU LOOK maestro Arly Lariviere. ARLY LARIVIERE could have easily opted for any other trumpet player in the market; often done by so many of our bands for decades; but instead, maybe because of his admiration for MR DEJEAN's talent; and perhaps also because of the respect that he has for the man as a person; he chose ANDRE for NU LOOK.

Not having been to a NU LOOK performance for a minute; it was my first time seeing NU LOOK perform the FRERES DEJEAN classic "MARINA" "LIVE; and I must tell you I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH. It was not merely an interpretation of a legendary group's song to show respect; it was done WITH ONE OF THE KEY CONTRIBUTORS of the band/song ANDRE being there on stage living it through the eyes of TODAY'S FANS. I saw the joy in ANDRE's eyes as Arly let him LEAD THE BAND through that song as if HE WAS THE BAND LEADER OF THE GROUP. That's exactly how it felt watching the performance. I saw ANDRE LEAD THE GROUP...MAESTRO JAZ LA taking him back down memory lane perhaps, as if he was back leading LES FRERES DEJEAN like he used to do with his other legendary brother FRED DEJEAN.

It is clearly there for all to see that ANDRE DEJEAN was NOT included in NU LOOK just for "decoration purposes". Arly Lariviere clearly shows how much he VALUES Andre's presence in the band; and just by doing a FRERES DEJEAN interpretation and stepping aside and letting him LEAD THE WAY IN THE FRONT ...COMMANDING THE BAND throughout the entire performance of the song (Which is probably done every time they perform that song), in my opinion shows class.

There are probably a few of our legends who wish they could still play on a weekly basis TODAY in order to share their love of the music and skills in front of a crowd; but unfortunately perhaps because of no demand/opportunities; are not able to achieve that. A gentleman like ANDRE DEJEAN showcases his skills on a weekly basis with one of the most popular bands in the business today; and that is something that I am sure he is grateful for; just as much as WE THE FANS, as well as NU LOOK musicians are GRATEFUL to have him showcase his talent among them in the group. BRAVO & CONGRATS!

PS: I realize that NU LOOK manager FRANCIS THELISMOND might have a lot to do with ANDRE DEJEAN's inclusion in the band because he himself used to play in Freres Dejean; but we all know that NOTHING GOES DOWN IN NU LOOK unless it has the final approval of Arly Lariviere, and that is why he is worthy of this credit here today. ANDRE DEJEAN and ARLY LARIVIERE....RESPECT!

I enjoyed that NU LOOK "MARINA" performance with ANDRE DEJEAN so much the other day; I just had to write this piece about it.

VIDEO LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOB-yZbBB7M

KM!

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bravo Patrick..mwen aprouve mesaj sa e map bay maestro Arly 10/10 pou travay sa..Lòt bagay map di ankò se paske HMI nou an jan'l ye a li pa gon structure kifè LEGEND nou yo pa gon plas kote ke yap jwe mizik nòmalman men'm jan ak jen'n mizisyen yo..Bon dayè nou fon gwo erè LEGEND sayo nou te sipoze kembe la nan mitan jen'n yo pou jen'n nou yo kontinye apran'n de yo pou bay Kompa direk la jarèt tout tan paske an antan'n nou Patrick LEGEND sayo non selman yo fè gwo bagay nan Kompa a epi tou resèt Kompa se nan men yo li ye...Sak anraje a sè ke ampil ladan yo ap viv toujou..Kijan pou nou fè pa gen pèson'n kap jwe Djet-X Rossignol, O Ma Yeye etc..etc.. Wow it's not about being stuck in the past because I've heard that all the time; instead it's just about great music..and some songs like MARINA that we just listened to don't have a time period..They last forever just like stuck on you by Lionel Richie..

Great post Patrick..

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was one of Arly's great choices. Andre has brought so much and the band appreciates him.

Bon bagay King nan

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Standing ovation.

Nothing more to add really.

Edfrancisque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se yon nan pi bel move King nan fet nan karyè l !

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellence piece Pat. However, unlike other folks who commented on this piece, I see your angle for what it is. This piece is not really about Andre Dejean. It's about Arly Larriviere which I have absolutely no issue with because I wrote one about him too. Since you don't want to be seen as Arly spokesperson, therefore you tried to make this piece about the legend but it is about Arly. Anyone with a good pair of binoculars can clearly see your trajectory. I for one, wrote pieces on Coubano, Douby, Richard Duroseau etc. as legends, no comment from you at all. It's ironic that you made it clear for people to take notice of what Arly did for Andre Dejean. It's formidable I agree. I was probably at that same party too because my wife is a died hard Arly fan. Bottom line is, it's ok to have a preference because we all do. Peace!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SHAH

Please leave me out of your FANATICAL shenanigans bro. I don't have time or tolerance for BS like that. WHAT I WROTE IS CLEAR AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT and the 2 people that I mentioned ARLY LARIVIERE and ANDRE DEJEAN are at the center of the piece. WHATEVER PROBLEMS YOU HAVE WITH IT.....That's on you. You have a great day.

KM!

shah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever bro. I say it as I see it.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great post Pat
I command Arly on the integration of the legend in the band
and show due respect. Bravo maestro

on a side note, this dude is a freakin drama queen
wanna shine anywhere anyhow
wap jwenn ak Pat tou Laughing

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

RICKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
great post Pat
I command Arly on the integration of the legend in the band
and show due respect. Bravo maestro

on a side note, this dude is a freakin drama queen
wanna shine anywhere anyhow
wap jwenn ak Pat tou Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Si post sa te pale de yon lot djaz ou byen lot atis la shah tap leve Pat anle. Kom se de NL shah ap fouye zo nan kalalou

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: