KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KARIZMA'S RENE ON INDUSTRY ROADBLOCKS. DAT7 + MORE!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: KARIZMA'S RENE ON INDUSTRY ROADBLOCKS. DAT7 + MORE! Reply with quote Back to top

KM asked KARIZMA manager RENE the following question below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: If after 6 months/1 year, a new band like DAT7 surpasses the popularity of your group KARIZMA, what would that indicate from the list below
A) They have more connections than you
B) Favoritism from the media towards DAT7 over Karizma
C) Olivier Duret “influence” in terms of him being more popular than any Karizma member
D) More experience in terms of MANAGEMENT
E) ALL of the above
F) NONE of the above…(In that case EXPLAIN what YOU see)

RENE KARIZMA: "Greetings Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate Dat7 on releasing their debut album.

Name recognition is one of biggest factors in term of popularity in the HMI, you may also add years of prior experience playing or being part of one of most recognizable brand in this business (TVICE). Dat7 has certainly benefit from that. They also have a nice album.

It is certainly a fact that Olivier Duret is more than popular than any Karizma member at the moment; his influence has propelled industry insiders to pay attention to Dat7. Karizma has built (rather is building) it’s own brand in the pass 4 and half years, we started as an unknown band with new faces and raw talent. If within six month or a year the aforementioned were to happen, then we will discuss it in further details Pat (LOL). Please make no mistake about it, Karizma is committed to work hard and we will continue to create a platform in order to each that level of popularity we desired with financial stability, not just in words.

Patrick it is a well-established fact that media and promoters biases exist in the HMI, whether or not Dat7 benefit from those factors, I can’t control that. I am very persistent and I believe in hard work. I certainly count on all the media and promoters support, however I will not someone bias deter me from achieving a goal. I will admit that it does make the process much harder and more difficult for young bands to make in the HMI, not just Karizma.

I am not one to be boastful, but Karizma is probably the best young band in the HMI right now. We often do not get credit we deserve for breaking barriers for many young bands, whether it is through our savvy marketing, social media activity, and travelling records. I will never forget how a number of media entities use to call Karizma a Facebook/social media band (LOL, at that time Karizma was of one the first HMI bands to effectively use social media to reach out to a targeted audience).

DJS in New York were not playing Karizma's music for the simple fact that we made an alliance with DJK Stakz and TEAMHKNY. DJ Stakz and his business associate Frank Desdunes are two of the few promoters in New York who truly support Karizma from day one. I can count on my fingers how many other New York promoters or promoters who have reached out to us.

Kaliko is veteran in this business and I have tremendous respect for what he has done in the HMI from his early days as promoters/manager/business owner. Dat7 will certainly benefit from his accomplishment and his credibility. HMI promoters are more or less willing to work with Dat7 for all those factors.

Being a manager of a young band in the HMI is not an easy job, you have to deal with allot complexities and adversities. Patrick I don’t know of too many managers who have taking an unknown band with raw talent to Carimi or Tvice popularity overnight. It’s a work in progress. I have made my share of mistakes as a manager, but I learn from each experience. I wish the HMI has now the network support it had in the 90’s with Antilles Mizik ( Phillipe Lavanet) and Nouvel Generation ( Joubert Charles), those guys were instrumental in the success of many young HMI bands in that era."

easygoing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: