Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DJAKOUT MANAGEMENT TANIA LIGONDE ON STEEVE KHE ISSUE (READ)!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DJAKOUT MANAGEMENT TANIA LIGONDE ON STEEVE KHE ISSUE (READ)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: DJAKOUT MANAGEMENT TANIA LIGONDE ON STEEVE KHE ISSUE (READ)! Reply with quote Back to top

DJAKOUT#1 management member TANIA LIGONDE speaks to KOMPA MAGAZINE about the STEEVE KHE/DJAKOUT issues. Read below.

*1) What can you tell us about all these rumors regarding the situation between Steeve and Djakout?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Honestly Pat, I am a little shocked by this. Since 1999 I have been with Djakout and not ever have I heard any musician, or gigger complain about abuse or payment issues. We are not a band that has been known for issues like this. I just want to say this...I am not at liberty to put out his salary, but I can say that the accusation of $150 per gig as being alleged by some people is false. (Very off). I can also say that Djakout is a band with 6 founding members, 2 managers, 1 sound tech and 1 engineer...Unlike other bands where the owners are less than 4 our payroll is a reflection of this.

Dividing by 9 will give you a whole different number than dividing by 2, 3, and 4... So with this in mind you need to be realistic in your expectations for salary. I am hoping that cool heads and logic prevail and this misunderstanding will be resolved soon."

*2) In your honest opinion, with all that he has brought on the new CD, do you believe he is being compensated fairly?
TANIA LIGONDE: "As far as compensation... Like I said based on the number of musicians in the band and staff..I believe at this time he is being paid fairly. Unless those factors change... I don't foresee a major adjustment coming into play...(this is just my opinion)'

*3)Did Steve get a raise after the release of the CD, compared to what he was making before the release of the CD?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Yes."

*4) There are rumors that one of his demands is that he also be given a share of the pie from the endorsement sponsorship deals that the group has. What are your feelings on that?
TANIA LIGONDE: "I have not read the letter of demands.. I have heard things about sponsors... Being I am the one who negotiates sponsor agreements. I don't think that sponsors will endorse Djakout or have endorsed Djakout as a result of Steeve Khe's presence in the band... He has been in band for about 2 yrs. I don't believe he would ask for such a thing."

*5) Who in your opinion would have more to lose if both sides were to go their separate ways? Tell us why.
TANIA LIGONDE: "Hnmmm Djakout does not lose! LOL no seriously, I don't believe it will come to that...both parties will be affected. Now question is, who can rise up the most efficiently after overcoming such a tragedy?'

*6) If this were to go further, do you believe a new singer can have the same impact that Steve has had?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Will answer that after Steeve answer's if his career have same impact if he's no longer in Djakout 😜'

*7)Can we expect to see Steve playing with the band for the next gigs?
TANIA LIGONDE: "As to my knowledge he is still in band."

*8 ) Many will say that this is almost the same situation that your rival group T-Vice had with Olivier Duret. Do you agree or disagree?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Only similarities Is that Tvice and Djakout both did not attain notoriety as a result of both Olivier's or Steeve's presence in the band. Both bands were famous before their arrivals. Did they contribute? Yes. Now differences are: Olivier was both a writer and singer, and Steeve just sings. Olivier was in T-vice for over 8 yrs I believe, and Steeve 2 yrs. NOT FAIR comparisons."

*9) What do you say to those who say that singers are different than other musicians in the band because they sell the band to the fans MORE than any other musicians in the group; therefore the PAY should reflect that....Agree or disagree?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Singers sell more? Hnmmm well I'd say this... Many singers today owe their success to the song writers too... So the same way they want more credit...if a song writer requests more pay too, are all bands to accommodate?"

*10) In your opinion, how do you believe that those leaks got out to the public? Who do you blame?
TANIA LIGONDE: If a leak is reflective or shows similarity to an actual demand that is soon to follow; it pretty much shows intent. In this business, .."never let them see you coming"...that is unless you want to be seen."

*11) Last but not least, how do you see this saga ending? What guarantees can you give your fans about how this will end?
TANIA LIGONDE: "Steeve and Djakout will be fine. Cool heads and logic must prevail. I know for a fact that both parties want the best possible solution."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ernst

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: DJAKOUT MANAGEMENT TANIA LIGONDE ON STEEVE KHE ISSUE (RE Reply with quote Back to top

Great piece.
Mwen swete problem sa rezoud soon. I hope he gets what he deserves.

wpozit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spoken as a manager and a business person. I understand. But I think if a band is hot, you get more exposure and more possibility for sponsors. If you are dead, trust me the sponsors will begin to think twice about doing business with you because they are not getting the publicity they need. Right now, Steve Khe carries the band. The sponsors are happy that he does, and djakout #1 needs to be more appreciative of his talent. I am not sure the words of the manager show an understanding of the relationship between musicians and the importance of a great singer who can execute a piece of music, and Steve's talent. It's a question of seniority to her. When a special talent shows up at your door, embrace the talent, groom it, and keep it happy and feeling at home. F*** your seniority.

HappyMax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, I see you Tania.

This interview showed intent as well. Typical of an HR manager doing damages control but tipping to the company side at the end. She may have her "compliance book" open while answering Pat.

oh boy, I hope I am wrong, but I don't like the possible outcome in this ordeal. Her tone is not that different than Roro last year when the SteveK impact was going on rampage.

Tania: very sharp I will admit. She had her answers ready (agreed or not)

Pwoblem pap fini

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dont really like her approach (as a fan)
But have to agree with her from a business perspective

Djdirimix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen ka wrong wi, men jan manze reponn nan,Steeve pa gen twop enpotans nan je pal non..

RICKY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RoiHenri wrote:

I don't see nothing wrong with it..
sometimes its not what you do but its how you do it

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RICKY wrote:
RoiHenri wrote:

I don't see nothing wrong with it..

sometimes its not what you do but its how you do it

M balansel 2 bò pou ou.

EpiDat7 mwen Diw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hope Jazz Lobey la resolve that issue. Just meet him half way and call it a deal.

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sel ti pwoblem ki genyen, bagay la al publik. Sinon, se bizniss k'ap jere. S. Khe mande sa li pense ke li vaut lan djazz la. Management Djakout bò koté pa li, ap essayé baissé le + possible. Il n'y a rien de mal, c'est tout simplement de la négociation.

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: