Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - ROBERTO MARTINO: THE ULTIMATE 23 QUESTION T-VICE INTERVIEW!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ROBERTO MARTINO: THE ULTIMATE 23 QUESTION T-VICE INTERVIEW!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: ROBERTO MARTINO: THE ULTIMATE 23 QUESTION T-VICE INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

T-VICE celebrates 23 years in the business this week. Here is what we call the ULTIMTE Roberto Martino interview. A lot of great revelations are made in this interesting Q&A. Hope you enjoy it.

1) The 3 keywords that have contributed to Tvice lasting that long in the business?
ROBERTO: "Discipline, good music, innovation."

2) 3 biggest Vice hits in 23 years of business
ROBERTO: "Bididbidi banm banm, Elikopte, Gason Makome."

3) Most popular Vice CD/album?
ROBERTO: "Tie between "Banm T-Vice mwen" and "Kite'm Viv"."

4) YOUR personal favorite Vice cd...tell us why?
ROBERTO: "Its like asking me whats my favorite child☺️ i have some kind of attachment and preference for each one. If I had to choose one, it would be MIN MEDIKAMAN."

5) Name 1 Vice song that you are surprised did NOT become a major hit?
ROBERTO: ""Se pa'w mwen ye". This song has all the elements to become a major hit specially with the zouk night crowd. It did good but not great. It should have been major."

6) Name a Vice HIT that you are surprised became a hit?
ROBERTO: "CHECHE FANM PAW". It was the last song to be added on the album. It was one of the funnest songs to perform live and always made an impact wherever we performed."

7) The current active band NOT named Tvice; whose music you enjoy listening to THE MOST
ROBERTO: "System band! I can never get enough of that compa m a c h i a v e l."

Cool The current active band besides VICE who you enjoy watching perform/playing LIVE?
ROBERTO: "Carimi. They are always full of energy on stage!"

9) Kompa Magazine: The Musician from another group that Roberto is the coolest with in terms of friendship
ROBERTO: "I have many friends in the HMI. Richie, Richard Cave, Ti Joe Zenny, Nickenson Prudhomme, Katalog, Carl Fred Behrmann, and Arly Lariviere are my closest. James Cardozo is My Best Friend."

10) Kompa Magazine: The most important Tvice musician not named Martino whose had the most impact in the band during your 23 years.....has to be part of the musical lineup/group?
ROBERTO: "James Cardozo. His presence on stage and off stage is one of our biggest assets."

11) Kompa Magazine: Could anyone else besides Jessie Al-Khal have been able to manage the band for all these years and still have you remain relevant in the business? Give us names...but EXCLUDE yourself and Rey.
ROBERTO: "Pierrot Al-Khal and Bouboul have been a big part of our engine as well."

12) Kompa Magazine: Your toughest polemic opponent from 3 musical beefs.......Carimi Djakout Micky?
ROBERTO: "Micky. It was personal not musical."

13) Kompa Magazine: Any musicians you ever regret being part of Tvice?
ROBERTO: "I live my life with no regrets. I believe in destiny and what was meant to be will be! If ever there is a musician that was part of T-Vice and that would be inconsiderate of the doors opened and the opportunities that were presented to them then i will let GOD deal with it."

14) Kompa Magazine: If for whatever reason one of the Martino brothers wanted to stop with the Tvice adventure, with the other one wanting to continue; would it be as TVICE; or would it have to be as something else?
ROBERTO: "Of course bro! The show must go on and there must be continuity, Vice ka se yon institution!"

15) Kompa Magazine: When your first CD was released; you came under a lot of criticism from different circles. It would have been a wrap/game over for a lot of bands not named Tvice. How much of that survival in terms of percentage do u give credit to to the MARTINO name and the legacy of your Dad....? Many feel it's the SE PITIT MARTINO that kept u afloat. Thoughts.
ROBERTO: "Well that helped but we had to work twice as much to prove our critics wrong and stay relevant. The Martino name has both its ups and down sides too because there was alot of expectations on our shoulders to follow my dad's footsteps. We are soldiers bro, when in difficult times it motivates us to work even harder, this band has been through alot bro and it made us stronger."

16) Kompa Magazine: Realistically speaking; until what Age do you see yourself in front of the band? Is there in your opinion an age when an HMI band vocalist says....it's time to hang it up?
ROBERTO: "Bro The Rolling Stone are still at it so it's not a question of age. I might slow it down but will always be active in the HMI. Li bonè toujou☺️"

17) Kompa Magazine: That 1 song as soon as soon as you and Rey finished it in the studio....you knew it was going to be a major hit.....and it turned out to be right.
ROBERTO: "Innocent."

1Cool Kompa Magazine: Be honest.....in all of your years; did Tvice ever come close to breaking up even once....whether on your end or Rey's end?
ROBERTO: "Never bro. We would disagree certain issues but never did it come one day that the band might break up, never."

19) Kompa Magazine: The misconceptions about Tvice out there....that's not true....that hurt you the most mentally...give us a few or.....
ROBERTO: "Seriously up to this day we still suffer from misconceptions. Certain people choose to not support us or they would support anything that would would be competing against us just because of the rumors that they believed to be true. What hurts me the most is that I've always been a people's person. I grew up hanging in the streets of Morne Calvaire playing soccer with friends and never once judged anyone au contraire. I have never once repeated anything that I've been accused of, nor have I have ever acted disrespectful towards anyone that has respected me. I was hurt to see that alot of people that knew me at the time and had a voice, never defended me. But it's life.

I think that I have worked twice as hard to earn the trust of many fans that now can see the real Roberto and Reynaldo. We are proud Haitians and we say it out loud wherever we go. My faith is in the lord, lèw pa koupab ou toujou jwen jistis ou!"

20) Kompa Magazine: Were there any other names. That you guys considered before you settled on T-Vice?
ROBERTO: " To tell you the truth bro i don't remember loll."

21) Kompa Magazine: When TVice retires or is no more.....what would you like people to say about you.....or remember you by?
ROBERTO: "GREAT entertainers and people that fought to make kompa music a worldwide genre. Ambassadors of kompa
Music."

22) Kompa Magazine: 3 names outside of the Vice close crew that you would say helped contribute the most to the group's success/popularity. I just want 3 ONLY.
ROBERTO: "Richie, Jocelyne Labille, Nickenson Prudhomme."

22B) Kompa Magazine: I want non-musicians now. 3 people.
ROBERTO: "Too many to mention."

23) Kompa Magazine: Last one: 1 word that best describes Roberto Martino of Tvice.
ROBERTO: "Big Hearted."

Conducted by Patrick Desvarieux for Kompa Magazine

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Djdirimix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zo interview

bel mizik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me like it too... Laughing

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bel bagay Pat
that was a good read
and thanks also to Berto for his honest answers Cool
happy anniversary to the met beton, vice la pou lontan

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Pat!
Bon bagay as usual, Berto!
Happy 23rd Anniversary, Vice2k!

D K Bess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bel Interview...

Se kesyon sa mwen pi renmen:
14) Kompa Magazine: If for whatever reason one of the Martino brothers wanted to stop with the Tvice adventure, with the other one wanting to continue; would it be as TVICE; or would it have to be as something else?
ROBERTO: "Of course bro! The show must go on and there must be continuity, Vice ka se yon institution!"

lemarknley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview Pat and Chef Revolution an reponn tout Keaton yo byen avem anpil humilité 🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿 vice2k for life

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: