KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE & BRUTUS: 2 MAESTROS WITH MOST PRESSURE FOR 2015?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: RICHIE & BRUTUS: 2 MAESTROS WITH MOST PRESSURE FOR 2015? Reply with quote Back to top

------------------------------------------------------------

TWO band leaders who will be under A LOT OF PRESSURE in 2015 to deliver with their groups' next studio albums are former bandmates RICHIE and BRUTUS; however for different reasons.

*In the case of BRUTUS; after Richie's departure from the band, NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE; and it was really almost a miracle that they managed to deliver with a great critically acclaimed CD, accompanied by a MEGA HIT song "REZILTA". Now the question will be if it was just PURE LUCK or not. Will ZENGLEN get a pass if their next CD does not score like "Rezilta"; and people will say NOU TE WE SA POU YO; or will they prove the critics wrong again? Will the fact that ZENGLEN has not been able to keep the popularity wave going LONGER THAN THEY DID with their first major hit CD in awhile be their FREE PASS CARD for their next CD; no one knows; but one thing is definitely for sure....if the band is in their current situation JAN YO YE LA KOUNIEN AN WITH A HIT SONG KAP MACHE....ZENGLEN DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT IT'S LIKE IF THEIR NEXT STUDIO CD BRINGS THEM "NADA" in the hit department because that could really find them walking close to the "DANGER ZONE".

*In the case of RICHIE, KLASS' next CD can be CLEARLY BETTER than their first CD; you will still get many people who will dismiss it as BELOW the original for whatever reason. Before the Klass fanatic malades start crying "conspiracy"; they need to understand that it is almost always the case for groups/bands that score a major hit album; so immediately a bar that is higher; sometimes unrealistic, is set by many towards the band who managed to shake the market with the previous cd.

Even during one of our earlier conversations with Klass' maestro, Richie threw up the white flag IN TERMS OF SURPASSING EXPECTATIONS BY THE FANS/PUBLIC for the new CD. Strategy/Mind games by Richie to lower expectations...only "HE" knows; but one of the ways that KLASS is going to have shut down the "critics in waiting" in terms of when the new CD comes out is to show that the band is still able to pack the clubs; or else, that will simply be one more ammunition for them to use against Klass on their new CD when it drops. It's just like I said, after the success of a group with a major hit CD; a lot of times even if the next CD is superior, simply because of the huge impact of the previous CD, the PERCEPTION IN THE MINDS OF MANY is usually to shut the idea that the next one is better. EXPECTATIONS IS A B*TCH sometimes...so we hope that Klass just does not leave any doubts whatsoever with their new CD.

In 2016...you can expect those same "expectations" to come face to face with Arly Lariviere and Nu Look because that's when he will need to deliver his next studio CD.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

T-UZ STILI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The next KLASS cd will wipe the hmi out..epi kitel mache....RICHIE Wil deliver big time with the best of the best singer of the hmi.....

wpozit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

T-UZ STILI wrote:
The next KLASS cd will wipe the hmi out..epi kitel mache....RICHIE Wil deliver big time with the best of the best singer of the hmi.....

You got to love these pundits! Bagay la se nan bouch li fèt. The piece undermines two people.

1. Brutus as a great maestro, who has produced many songs for Zenglen and on his X-tra Brutus album as well. Saying that it might have been luck that they revamped the konpa scene with Rezilta, and set the bar high for everyone else is a huge disrespect to him.

2. Pipo who authored the biggest hit song on the album "You Don't Want Me" and Emmene Moi which is also a good song. By all means, Ritchie has proven himself in this HMI, no question about that. But Pipo has made strides in the HMI as well, and my favorites of his were on Van Vire by Beljaz.

Klass' album could have been an average album is sung by some other singers, and it would not have been an instant hit with YDWM. There have been several other albums who have come out with much better musical direction and genius than Klass'. I can cite Beljaz's Van Vire, Dola-Mizik's New York Time, Paradi Nan Lanfè by Mizik Mizik that has come out without that level of success. Was it text then? I don't think so because both those two I mentioned were very-well written and also up-to-date. It is beyond me that very average songs such as Pitit Deyò, Towing, or Fè l Vini Avan for example on the Klass album can be hits in this HMI. Let us wait and see! But credits must be given to Pipo and more respect to Brutus!

Sekinam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wpozit wrote:
T-UZ STILI wrote:

You got to love these pundits! Bagay la se nan bouch li fèt. The piece undermines two people.

1. Brutus as a great maestro, who has produced many songs for Zenglen and on his X-tra Brutus album as well. Saying that it might have been luck that they revamped the konpa scene with Rezilta, and set the bar high for everyone else is a huge disrespect to him.

2. Pipo who authored the biggest hit song on the album "You Don't Want Me" and Emmene Moi which is also a good song. By all means, Ritchie has proven himself in this HMI, no question about that. But Pipo has made strides in the HMI as well, and my favorites of his were on Van Vire by Beljaz.

Klass' album could have been an average album is sung by some other singers, and it would not have been an instant hit with YDWM. There have been several other albums who have come out with much better musical direction and genius than Klass'. I can cite Beljaz's Van Vire, Dola-Mizik's New York Time, Paradi Nan Lanfè by Mizik Mizik that has come out without that level of success. Was it text then? I don't think so because both those two I mentioned were very-well written and also up-to-date. It is beyond me that very average songs such as Pitit Deyò, Towing, or Fè l Vini Avan for example on the Klass album can be hits in this HMI. Let us wait and see! But credits must be given to Pipo and more respect to Brutus!

wpozit
You hate Richie so much that you are contradicting yourself.
Now I can write:
You got to love this pundit! Bagay la se nan bouch li fèt. The piece undermines one person.

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: RICHIE & BRUTUS: 2 MAESTROS WITH MOST PRESSURE FOR 2 Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, we only have one maestro here, which is Richie. Brutus is more like a Gm 4 me. He's not the brain behind Zenglen's success musically speaking.
I think botH band will delivery big. Brutus I dunno how he'll do but he'll put together a solid cd. Maybe, he might bring Dener Ceide( most underrated musician in the HMI) back again encore. U can always count on Kenny
Klass kèm pa soté. Richie is no longer the one man show like he used to be in Zenglen any longer. Pipo doesn't really get any credit 4 his written skill but this guy is a top composer. Aya man is another guy that can delivery big 2. Therefore, Klass ain't got no worries. 2015 announce la couleur.

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sekinam wrote:
wpozit wrote:
T-UZ STILI wrote:

wpozit
Now I can write:
You got to love this pundit! Bagay la se nan bouch li fèt. The piece undermines one person.

This guy is losing it so bad. He keeps calling Pitit Deyò an average song. Calling Pitit deyò an average song is a absurd. Yo Towing isn't hit bro. He kills me when ppl try undermine Richie & Arly's body of work. These guys have done so much 4 our culture. We might not like them but don't undremine their work.

Kompa-a-Gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ernst wrote:
Sekinam wrote:
wpozit wrote:
T-UZ STILI wrote:

wpozit
Now I can write:

This guy is losing it so bad. He keeps calling Pitit Deyò an average song. Calling Pitit deyò an average song is a absurd. Yo Towing isn't hit bro. He kills me when ppl try undermine Richie & Arly's body of work. These guys have done so much 4 our culture. We might not like them but don't undremine their work.

Ou fi-n paler wi patizan. The proof is always in the pudding.

T-UZ STILI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wpozit wrote:
T-UZ STILI wrote:

2. Pipo who authored the biggest hit song on the album "You Don't Want Me" and Emmene Moi which is also a good song. By all means, Ritchie has proven himself in this HMI, no question about that. But Pipo has made

strides in the HMI as well, and my favorites of his were on Van Vire by Beljaz.

Yo dude...u need to take a break when it comes to RICHIE the greatest musician of the HMI for almost the 2 last decades....HAPPY 50 KONPA the best Album the HMI ever known for the past 15 years with a bunch of rookies such as CangE,,Frero..Dabenz etc...Richie has the richest repertoire Than Any Other Musician Out There.....The Most Talented.....When U Said Pitit deyo is an Average Song U R Really a bad guy... The Worst Case Is When U Compare Van Vire de BelJazz avek fel vini avan..ou mechan anpil....... wap chercher underrated RICHIE I'm telling u r on the wrong path.....Anpil nan nou Haitien se nou ankor kap detwi sa ki bon ke peyi nou genyen kom monument historic

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my only problem with zenglen is the promotion, I am not worried Brutus will come with another strategy to bring sexy back on the next album.
as far as Richie, well the man got 2 other great composers on his side that delivered hits on the 1st klass album, I bet they will duplicate if not surpass that achievement.
klass la pral kampe en 4-4-2

Richie 4 songs
Pipo 4 songs
Nixon 2 songs
epi saw tande gooooooool golazoooo azooo azooo
epi danje pou lajantine Arrow
I sent water, i don't wet nobody
Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
my only problem with zenglen is the promotion, I am not worried Brutus will come with another strategy to bring sexy back on the next album.
as far as Richie, well the man got 2 other great composers on his side that delivered hits on the 1st klass album, I bet they will duplicate if not surpass that achievement.
klass la pral kampe en 4-4-2

Richie 4 songs
Pipo 4 songs
Nixon 2 songs
epi saw tande gooooooool golazoooo azooo azooo
epi danje pou lajantine Arrow
I sent water, i don't wet nobody
Laughing

4-4-2 klasik wi..li ka yon 6-3-1 tou wi
ekip la ap bay gollll nempot fason Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: