KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FABRICE ROUZIER "VIDEO" INTERVIEW (DECEMBER 08)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: FABRICE ROUZIER "VIDEO" INTERVIEW (DECEMBER 08) Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this very interesting VIDEO interview that we had with Mizik Mizik maestro FABRICE ROUZIER after they played at SOBS.

(Seen here chilling with Yves Abel and Manno Obas at SOBS on Friday)

Fabrice touches on several issues such as

Mizik Mizik
Manno Obas
His warning to the HMI about the future of CDS
Arly Lariviere
Barikad Crew
Gabel
and much more

*CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEQFVSFwSaE

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat, I look forward to seeing it when I get home Very Happy , unfortunately I'm blocked from youtube at work. Rolling Eyes

yef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Pat, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Very Happy

Thanks for the interview!!!! If any promoters are REALLY listening out there, PLEASE BOOK MIZIK MIZIK ANYWHERE IN THE STATES (miami, boston, NY, etc).....I wanna dance Mizik Mizik before the year is over!!! I'm willing to travel!!

PROMOTERS, JWET POU NOU

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent interview. Very Happy Fabrice is a REALIST he may not have said what we as fans of Mizik Mizik wanted to hear (i.e. more albums, being more active in the HMI scene etc, etc) but I thank him nonetheless for his candor and insight.

I got a chuckle out of the part where he was explaining the Mizik Mizik formula, if you will, where it might not be the “son lari a” as we know it but they are of the mind set of doing what is NOT always conventional or the “in thing” They have always been a very unique band and while their methods might seem to some as unorthodox in the way they go about things but it WORKS for them and music fans have seemed to responded to their music over the years no matter what decade and that to me is a sign of what makes them so SPECIAL.

@Fabrice - Happy Holidays to you as well and god bless.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: