Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - FLAV GABEL TALKS HMI RETIREMENT PROMISE! (READ)
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FLAV GABEL TALKS HMI RETIREMENT PROMISE! (READ)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: FLAV GABEL TALKS HMI RETIREMENT PROMISE! (READ) Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: You state that you are retiring in 2020…that’s just around the corner. WHY…and what age will u be when you do?

FLAV: "I always said to myself ever since Gabel approached me while I was in college that I will stay in this business performing on stage for no more than 10 years max. Another factor is I would love to go back for my Masters but schedule wise with touring ect it's not possible. By then I will be 35 going on 36. So let the ride begin. Hopefully I can sing on 2 more album and call it a career. I started with Gabel end of 2009 which was 5 years ago. Some will say it's only been 5 years lol but YES I only been in the game for 5 years."

KM!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More power to you my brother.
That's a man with a plan, I can picture Flav as a solo artist in the future.
Pa okipe moun kap baw presyon al kouri nan lot jazz moun. Do YOU brother
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bro wake up..Gabel is not that busy ...if you're going for your MBA a lotta classes can be taken online ...we are all working full time while doing our masters and even PHDs ..sooo cut the excuses out my brother

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Titanium wrote:
Bro wake up..Gabel is not that busy ...if you're going for your MBA a lotta classes can be taken online ...we are all working full time while doing our masters and even PHDs ..sooo cut the excuses out my brother

Kisa ki diw li pap travay full Time déjà, en plus de Gabel?

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

HappyMax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Titanium wrote:

The best advice ever, do it while the brain is still running sharp (how about some certifications in Cisco, Six Sigma, or PMI while he can....nothing to add. Flav, just send Pat/KM a $200 check with a note "Thanks to Titanium" for the free leg up

In fact Flav told us (12/2009):

FLAV: Well I graduated from Florida Atlantic University (FAU) this past May with a degree in Management Information System and Minors in both Finance and Marketing. I currently work in the Financial industry because I gotta make use of my degree after all that time in school (lol). I will also be going for my Masters in January cause I STRONGLY believe in education. A few years down the line I want to help the Kids In Port-de-Paix by doing something special down there, it is in the work so I was told not to say much... so stay tuned and Thanks Pat.

Just saying...

Great Kid, Great Talent, tremendous backup plan

Pitit Ginen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HappyMax :

Ou konseye Flav pou l ‘’ do it while the brain is still running sharp ‘’.

Eske gen yon lè sèvo a pa vif ankò? Se nan ki laj pespri moun pa eveye ankò? Se kisa k ka kenbe lespri yon moun vif? Eske gen yon laj pou moun etidye? Se kisa k etid la menm?

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: FLAV SENDS MESSAGE TO MR TITANIUM! Reply with quote Back to top

FLAV asked me to send this message below to MR TITANIUM....THESE ARE HIS OWN WORDS!

FLAV: "Hey Pat I rarely reply to comments made but please tell "Mr. Titanium" that aside from Gabel I ALSO WORK A FULL TIME JOB. Next time he should ask before he get his panties wet! One Luv!"

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what is this a candy shop? a food cart? ...ou se met business epic wap travay full time?...hmmm shouldn't that tell you something about the Industry or Your "Band"...smh ..you know what i won't even say anything else... problem pap fini nan peyi sa a....anyway my bad, i didn't know you were "working full time". ..m si telman gen baggy poi'm di m pa menm ka pale.....m pat panse Gabel se te "residual income" ou li the ye....anyway good luck brother, do what's best for ya.... Arrow
btw i like that little jab at the end good job

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: FLAV SENDS MESSAGE TO MR TITANIUM! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
FLAV asked me to send this message below to MR TITANIUM....THESE ARE HIS OWN WORDS!

FLAV: "Hey Pat I rarely reply to comments made but please tell "Mr. Titanium" that aside from Gabel I ALSO WORK A FULL TIME JOB. Next time he should ask before he get his panties wet! One Luv!"

BTW menm jwe football 3eme division pa travay full time....lol ou genle tonbe nan 4eme division brother Laughing

metbeton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Titanium wrote:
what is this a candy shop? a food cart? ...ou se met business epic wap travay full time?...hmmm shouldn't that tell you something about the Industry or Your "Band"...smh ..you know what i won't even say anything else... problem pap fini nan peyi sa a....anyway my bad, i didn't know you were "working full time". ..m si telman gen baggy poi'm di m pa menm ka pale.....m pat panse Gabel se te "residual income" ou li the ye....anyway good luck brother, do what's best for ya.... Arrow
btw i like that little jab at the end good job

Mr. Titanium it does not matter if he has a business. I believe that Flav has a Bachelor in Finance. If he only sing in a band and travel with the band. 5 to 10 yrs from now if he is looking for a job they would not hire him. As a business owner, I work my 9-5 and I don't see anything wrong with it. Singing can be something he likes to do and he make sure that he gets pay for it.... It is always good to make money elsewhere. I applaud Flav because you can see that he has a plan. He is a hustler, someone that is pushing for a better life.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: