Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - T-VICE LEADER ADDRESSES AN HMI CONCERN THAT HAS.........
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

T-VICE LEADER ADDRESSES AN HMI CONCERN THAT HAS.........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: T-VICE LEADER ADDRESSES AN HMI CONCERN THAT HAS......... Reply with quote Back to top

ROBERTO MARTINO addresses an HMI concern. Check it out.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Is there a PROBLEM in the industry with 2 bands lineups and the TIME that bands give up the stage or not? In your opinion, in a 2 bal party…WHAT TIME should the first band GIVE UP the stage?
ROBERTO MARTINO: "Personally i think that bands should start earlier whether the fans show up early or not... to make time for the 2nd band. The time limit should be not later that 2 am for the first band to end. It's not normal for a band to leave the stage at 2:30 when the club closes at 4 and the 2nd band has to setup, do sound check etc. the Fans are partially at fault because they show up too late nowdays to parties which causes the parties to start even later."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are there bands in the HMI that have these types of issues by REFUSING to give up the stage ON TIME? How do you address that problem with them; or do you keep it to yourself?
ROBERTO MARTINO: "You choose to play first from now on."

KM!

HappyMax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How to we get the people to be there at 10:00 PM is the million dollar question. It is in their minds that most parties start at 11:30ish.

Since I am a fan, I don't have to be politically correct. What the hell, let me just say: The biggest issue is the way the balance of the contract is being paid. Promoters need to start paying the bands as soon as they reached the hotel. It is an investment, so have your money ready before the event will start..An nou suspan'n bagay Brassé sa-a...komansé ranmassé kob nan pot ak nan bar la-a epi bay plinyin pou kasé tet Kob nèg yo.

Band playing first has a better chance of getting the balance of the contract or closed to it. Band playing second will always get less and 90% of the time will have no motivation to keep playing therefore has enough ground to end the party early...and the fans are still thirsty for more even if they are at fault for showing up late.

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

why do the bands keep blaming the fans for coming late
where I remember magnum started playing for my date
and I once in brooklyn. the party is advertise for 10
you show up at 9 do your sound and start playing at 10
regardless how many people is in attendance
the few people that show up early did they get a discount
at the door nooo so start your job on time
why do you think people go to tropic early
ask yourself that question?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TVICE is one band that nobody can blame for starting a show late.

I remember going to tvice a few times when the band was literally playing some of the best songs in their repertoire for tables and chairs... at 11:00.

I'm like OK kote moun yo!!!

I was schocked. I've been to parties where t-vice has literally started to play by 10:00- 10:30;

And they play good songs too.

I'm usually early to parties. I figure I'm paying my money, I might as well enjoy it all.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: