KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DO U KNOW WHY YOU WON'T GIVE NEW BANDS/ARTISTS A CHANCE?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: DO U KNOW WHY YOU WON'T GIVE NEW BANDS/ARTISTS A CHANCE? Reply with quote Back to top

It's being asked and NOW I am asking you guys...SI NOU GIN "GNB"...NA BAY REPONS NAN!

Do you know why YOU won't give the new bands/artists a chance to impress?

KIYES KAP VOYE PREMIER KOUT ROCHE LA?

KM!

lovingyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WORD "PROMOTER" MEANS

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovingyou wrote:

I'm sorry did you mean to say "promoter" or do you mean that new bands more times than not lack self-promoting skills/marketing themselves?

To answer the question: I don’t go out a lot as it is and I’m more inclined to go see new bands IF they are playing with an established band only because I like to get my money’s worth at least partially just in case the new band suck kabrit a$$, pardon my French.

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyen de nouveau. Yo tout ap jwe Menm bagay avec sak precede yo.
Lack of promotion
A laj mwen neg vin gen mwens tan pou plezi Et lajan vin gen plus importance. M pa ka nan pran chance leum deside pran Ti plezi a

HappyMax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, We just follow KM trends. Put something in KM that is not related to Arly/Richie/Gazzman and see how much wave/momentum it got.

Seriously speaking, I have one word: MONEYMAN

We go by what the radio/media is pushing meaning you have to promote yourself. I remembered a band called Fasad in early 90's who paid big money to promote themselves, Djakout did that and had success as a band. NuLook after DEZIN tried it by spending less money, but gave some freebies to guys like Louco Desir, Paz, Zagalo, BS to impose themselves with good music and a lot of air time. Klass last summer opened the front gate by giving every body a piece of the pie and ride the success after. The morale of the story: You need a moneyman to get you airtime and start the waves. You can't do it for a few months like Fasil did. You need to spend money promoting non-stop and bribe the media

Sorry, I can't do much for you Young Band If I do not know you or someone never called me about you

mwen ta al pi lwen pou'm di ke nou gain sang dictature an nan nou, nou pat habitué a changement, Sé forcé pou you forcé yon bagay nan nou, only the media can do it...then you need to bribe them for that..

There I said it, Vin'n Kalé'm

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Le plus souvent se pou kalité mizik la mwen al lan bal. Mwen pa pral pasé nwit pou'm gadé yon bann ti bredjen ki gen foli fè jazz.
Si yon ti jazz bezwen atansyon'm se pou yo mété yon bel single déyo lè yo fek ap sorti. Fok yo genan budget yo pou yo travay ak yon bon producer and a hit maker pou yo dérapé, sinon se tan pèdi..
As a matter of fact, gon bann ti jazz ki pa janm kapab soti lan basement la paske mizik la pa finn two kodium.
Lan jazz New York yo, map bay Karizma anpil krédi paske yo toujou ap travay ke lan studio ke se lan promotion epi yo gen 2 Karimatik leaders ki toukou tou pa tou ap kalé kow yo..Laughing
Lan jazz Miami yo mwen bay 5 Etwal respè a paske yo soti ak 2 gwo hit ke tout moun ap chanté..
Nou sonjé koman CaRiMi te paret tou bon..
Sé pa késyon de ti jazz, gwo jazz..
Depi gen bon mizik, jazz la ap fè chemin'l..

lovingyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sa two fasil. Se paske se gwo dyaz yo yap kopye. Yo pa pote anyen de nouvo. Lemonn toujou bezwen nouvote. Carimi te pote nouvote, harmonick te pote nouvote, Klass pote nouvote. Anyen ankò. Zen, phantom te pote nouvote, lakol etc... se konsa'm wèl

le soulouquois

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovingyou wrote:

EXACTEMENT.

le soulouquois

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They need to listen to 5 Etwal song '' LA RELEVE ''

yef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me it's simple.

Music plays an important role in everyone's life. Most people listen to music to feel good and inspired. Therefore, new bands/artists need to connect to their audience.

First and foremost!!!!! They need to manage their image from the beginning. They need to present themselves well. They need to have a story, with which their TARGETED audience can relate. A professional group photo and biography will work to their advantage.

Then comes the music!! Notice that music is secondary here. Most new bands/artists make music primary....BIG MISTAKE! Once they establish a persona, they can focus on their music because their persona will influence their musical direction. Their material can't be lacking integrity and artistic personality.

Only when a band/artist has established a persona and has a good material can they even think of coming out publicly. (On KM for example)

That's why most bands get shot down on this board. They do things backwards.

And frankly, we are all busy! Listening to a song for 5mn just to feel let down by the lack of thoughts and preparation behind a song pisses me off. KM is not a sounding board. It's the real deal

-Fabrice Rouzier

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: