Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - FELDER ON WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GREAT COMPAS BASS PLAYER!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FELDER ON WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GREAT COMPAS BASS PLAYER!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: FELDER ON WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A GREAT COMPAS BASS PLAYER! Reply with quote Back to top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What does it take for someone to be a GREAT BASS COMPAS Player?

FELDER: "Pat you know music is an art. To play an instrument is to make sure that you put yourself into it. Make sure that it is the instrument that you really like. Always listen to other styles of music, not only kompa. School is a requirement for sure as well. Last but not least, PRACTICE your craft. That's the key. The rest will come with your feelings when you play."

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

JMacWall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Felder Bass.. Reply with quote Back to top

That's true !!!. I play Bass guitar just a bit,but I can tell ya School, practice and listening to other styles of music are the main keys to get to the level that a student would need to be a great bass player. Too bad our most popular style of music which is #Kompa #Direct, can't really help out..#WOW..

Seby85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lastly, eat your veggies and get plenty of sleep. Thanks Captain Obvious Razz

Seby85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In all seriousness, I would add: jam in a local band or church with guys who are better than you. Needless to say, exposing yourself to all types of music will in fact broaden your musical knowledge thus making you more versatile on the instrument; but it won't be enough to play kompa correctly. Playing Compas and picking up the nuances of the genre can only be accomplished by surrounding yourself with guy who play Compas. Look at it in terms of language. Anyone can learn the fundamental rules of an expressive language via formal education. But only by evolving in an academic setting can one acquire an academic language; the same idea applies with learning dialects.

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seby85 wrote:
Lastly, eat your veggies and get plenty of sleep. Thanks Captain Obvious Razz

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Exactly what I was thinking.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: ROBERTO MARTINO ADDED THIS NOTE ON OUR FACEBOOK ON TOPIC! Reply with quote Back to top

ROBERTO MARTINO: "FELDER ANTOINE is one of the best musicians i have played with. He's a team player and knows what to do at the right time! He gets involved and plays with the "Ban dèyè" instead of playing alone. I truly understand why he was nicknamed "poto mitan" we are blessed to have him in our team! #Respect"

BoBoRi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Felder
Mamane
Norman
Yves Abel
Youyou

Neg sa yo se referans Kompa Direk la

I endorse that message

Aya
RICHIE SUPERSTAR MAKER PI RED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: