Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF MARKETING FOR THESE BANDS....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF MARKETING FOR THESE BANDS....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NathanIam

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF MARKETING FOR THESE BANDS.... Reply with quote Back to top

Lets starts with Carimi: I know a lot of folks are complaining that the album is not very good, well I have to disagree. Although I think it's not one of Carimi's best albums, I do think these boys has enough songs on the album to make a lot of noise.
First of all I would release a video either for Ill Nana or Baby I miss you. And as one of the bands with the largest social media network, I would starts interact with the fans a bit more. I feel though there's a disconnection when it comes to the fans and the band. Please understand this is simply my opinion and solely looking at it from my point of view. It doesn't mean these things are facts. My focus would also be on the band Website, Camera person for weekly pictures, updates on schedules, and focus on dealing with different promoters. The business is slowly changing and as much the band is also changing I would also have them focus on dealing with different promoters. By next year I would have the band focus on releasing a new album, and right after carnival or during the summer I would have at least a new song with a video out.

dISIP..... This band has a very good album with by far one of the worst marketing strategy in the business. I will flat out blame Gazman for his own failure, bad strategy, and for the lack of understanding marketing. Now give me full control of this band and I will show you a band with enough gigs to keep going.... Back to the album, I've personally listened to 4 songs on the album with potential hits. Madam mwen te met pabon, Poukisa, leader, and the song with Shedly can't remember the name. Since the band can't release the video for poukisa which is by far one of the best songs on the album. I would do a video for the song with Shedly, and by mid November I would put out an official live album. I would also add a young singer next to Gazman. I think ex singer of Krezi Mizik who lives in Boston kiet mwen bliye non misie. I would have him next to Gazman, by mid December I would release the first single of the band featuring him and Gazman. New photo shoot, focus on bringing a new style for Gazman and his co-singer. A lot more marketing, get with different promoters and have them work for the band. I don't understand why bands to give different promoters more responsibilities and give them more interest in bands.

Harmonik... This band has one of the best albums out there right now, but the promotions is not the strongest at all. As the marketing director of this band, I would first go back to the drawing board and come up with a specific marketing plan to promote this album. For example I would have a video out assap for Ilegal, and I would also working on releasing a video for Mesi, and I wanna be trusted. This strategy would not only help the album but also go after Nickenson's fans.....

I would also focus on having Nicky releasing his album by this December, I know some may disagree with me but Nicky needs to go after his fans from his first album. More fans better business for Harmonik. Shout I would even get Sanders to drop an album....The band is in needs of a PR, and also social Media is free I would use it to the band advantage. All these guys would have a fan page, at least different photo shoots every three months to keep entertain the fans, etc.

KLASS: Right now they are by far one of the most popular bands in the HMI, but we all know we like to let things died out before we try to get a new album. I would take a different route with them, since the album is still making news. I would have a video out by the summer, maybe pitit deyo or move signal just to exposure Richie more. Them by December I would release an official live album with a new song from Pipo. I personally would have Pipo releasing a song about his mom to say thank you. Have the song on the live album which would make it even more official. Also I would put more focus on social media, there's a lot of young people who love Klass but don't know who they are. Right there in LA people only a few knows the songs, and most don't even know much about the band. I would use social media to my advantage. Like JayZ said the internet is a jungle full of opportunities. The band needs to take advantage of that...

Nulook....Well well well.... Last week I went down to Miami and got Arly's Album, let me tell you something. This dude is a genius when it comes to music. I personally don't know him well nor his personality but musically he is one of the best. The album is sick I tell you, but something is missing. As the marketing director of this band. The first thing I would do is called out a meeting with the diehard fans, you know those who see no wrong and think Arly can do no wrong. I guess you can call them the internet soldiers, I personally think some of these guys hurts the band more them helping.... Second I would do a video for busted ft James, although its not my favorite song. I do think he can attract the younger crowds with it. And most of local shows I would ask the promoter to bring James along. Third the band need a PR, not internet soldiers but a PR with the interest of the band at hand, a fan page on fb, twitter, IG, etc. I would also work on Arly stage presence, I think he is getting better but I would get him a coach. By the summer Nulook should be the hottest band in the business with these minor steps and more....

More to come.......

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: