KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LNDJ 2014 REPORT: AJ CITADELLE GIVES YOU THE LOWDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: LNDJ 2014 REPORT: AJ CITADELLE GIVES YOU THE LOWDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

AJ Radio Citadelle was at LNDJ 2014. Here is his report on the show last night.

*1) CITADELLE, what is your opinion of LNDJ 2014? If you had to describe it in 1 word, which word would it be and why?
AJ CITADELLE: "It was a disaster. This never happened at LNDJ before. I can tell you place was too big, VIP setting was in the wrong area, sounds crew got there very late."

*2) What time did the concert start exactly?
AJ CITADELLE: "I believe around 2:30 am."

*3) When did you sense that the night might be in for trouble?
AJ CITADELLE: "1 AM still no sound check. People started to ask what's going on? But I'll gave the fans credit for being very patient until the show started."

*4) Which bands performed, and which ones did NOT? For how long for each?
AJ CITADELLE: "Cruz la play for 10 minutes which to me was a mistake because they did not do anything lol. 5lan took over at 2:42 am and played for about 15 minutes. Harmonik took over at 3:19 am and played for about 20 to 30 minutes probably. They performed with Shabba and the crowd was really into it. Carimi started at 4:25am and played for maybe 20 minutes or less. They also performed with Izolan who really rocked the crowd. I have to say that Carimi started playing with the lights already on.
When they asked Carimi to stop that's when people started getting angry, but did not go overboard. Some said never again; some just walked out. Klass did not get to play."

*5) LNDJ has a SOLID REPUTATION. Things like that to my knowledge has never happened at that concert. Do you think the fans will understand that this year was simply a mistake and move on until next year; or do you really think this might have an effect on them based on what you heard the fans say last night?
AJ CITADELLE: "Most of the fans understood there was big sounds issues but like I said before some those that was there first time say they may come again and you can also hear some people who said never again."

*6) Give us the POSITIVES if any from last night.
AJ CITADELLE: "Lots of people came out from different places such as Florida, Boston, Canada, Haiti;and each band did their best to please the fans with very little time."

*7) The LAST WORD from CITADELLE on LNDJ 2014. If you had to give some advice to Jaz Enterprise...what would it be?
AJ CITADELLE: "I think they learned from this one and hope for better next year since this has never happened before with them. I don't think PIER 36 is a good place to do the concert simply because of the way the place is setup."

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Radio citadelle and Pat for the report. It is unfortunate that this edition turns out that way. The fans , the bands were not able to enjoy the night as expected. However based on LNJ good reputation when it comes to organizing upscale event, I have to wait until they come to explain what happened before I opine on the situation.

Well I hope they learn from whatever happened this year and do their homework for a better show next year.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Thanks Radio citadelle and Pat for the report. It is unfortunate that this edition turns out that way. The fans , the bands were not able to enjoy the night as expected. However based on LNJ good reputation when it comes to organizing upscale event, I have to wait until they come to explain what happened before I opine on the situation.

Well I hope they learn from whatever happened this year and do their homework for a better show next year.

I concur. I RARELY go out and I went to this event solely based on JaZ enterprise's reputation and I have been to to a few in the early years and I thought they more than any in the HMI worked hard to give music fans a good show and treat them with the services and etiquette they deserved.

I hope to hear there side soon.

bigcliff78

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I would like to add that it was one if the worst concert I ever attended. Neg to sans respect pou moune qui deplacé et not even a statement to apologize while we the fans were waiting on a band to perform. thanks to DJ Stakz qui t entertain nous but overall yo pap jwenn mwen next year. The venue was horrible, ou nan VIP and you are not allowed one guest to come drink with you. Horrible party kabann mwen t pi douce, I'm very pissed and kalem kob mwen back....

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JE te dwe mete tout lot jazz yo sou kote e kite Klass sove sware a pou yo..
I bet ke tap gen mwens pleyen jodiya...

IsaacKompa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:

Really? How?

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IsaacKompa wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:

Really? How?

From what I read on web, the crowd was not that young...
People were complaining that the program is no longer LNDJ but la nuit des granmoun instead paske se yon pi fo moun ki te la yo se lan sinkatenn ak swasantenn yo te ye..
Mwen panse ke moun sa yo pat vinn chew, se heavy konpa ki te rale yo..

Yon lot rezon..Klass is the number one band in the HMI right now..
Mwen panse ke Klass te dwe jwe avan for at least a full hour epi si rete tan yo ta partaje'l entre res jazz yo..
Mwen panse moun yo tap pleyen mwens jodiya si sa te fet..

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
IsaacKompa wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:

Really? How?

People were complaining that the program is no longer LNDJ but la nuit des granmoun instead paske se yon pi fo moun ki te la yo se lan sinkatenn ak swasantenn yo te ye..

Mwen panse ke Klass te dwe jwe avan for at least a full hour epi si rete tan yo ta partaje'l entre res jazz yo..

I disagree with you on this one Jayb 85% of the crowd was young
But I do agree that with if they let Klass play the whole night and invite other bands to come jam with them on stage it would probably be a different ball game.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiocitadelle2006 wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
IsaacKompa wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:

Really? How?

But I do agree that with if they let Klass play the whole night and invite other bands to come jam with them on stage it would probably be a different ball game.

AJ, mwen pat la..se sa ti medam yo ap di sou Facebook..
Ou konn sa paskew te lan diskisyon'an tou..Laughing Laughing

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
radiocitadelle2006 wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
IsaacKompa wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:

Really? How?

AJ, mwen pat la..se sa ti medam yo ap di sou Facebook..
Ou konn sa paskew te lan diskisyon'an tou..Laughing Laughing

Se granmou yo ki peye bal lol
Ti moune yo ap cheche free tickets/free ride

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: