Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KLASS' CARLO CHEVEUX REVEALS SECRET TO GROUP'S SUCCES + MORE
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KLASS' CARLO CHEVEUX REVEALS SECRET TO GROUP'S SUCCES + MORE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: KLASS' CARLO CHEVEUX REVEALS SECRET TO GROUP'S SUCCES + MORE Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Phenomene KLASS la...anpil moun sezi de li. Gin moun ki pa kwe, ki pa ka konpran...ki SECRET a dapres ou ki fe ke KLASS ap mache konsa ki fe li shut down business nan konsa? Eske ou te janm pense ke jaz la ta pral mache jan lap mache a?

CARLO CHEVEUX (KLASS gongist): "Hey Pat....!
To answer your question, there’s no way in this universe That KLASS would not be successful because the KOMPA GODS put Klass together… how often you get Maestro Richie, PIPO, El Pozo, Nuxon Mesidor(AYA MAN), Carlo Cheveux in a band…..LMBO i’m joking about that.
On a serious note success is viewed differently by different people. If i answer “YES” i’m sure you would ask why? so let me save you the trouble and elaborate.

One of my favorite quote by Booker T. Washington is “Success is not measured by the position one has reached in life, rather by the obstacles one overcomes while trying to succeed”.

Let me tell you! We’ve been through a lot and we were able to overcome it all so far. I’ve been in this business for many years, i had the opportunity to play with many bands both old and new generations, and i was a part owner of two (Masaj and changed to 509). Putting a band together is no easy task, especially a successful one. The odds are against it.

The HMI can be cold and unyielding. There are personality differences to negotiate, various levels of musical proficiency often at odds with each other (on and off stage), dominance for the spotlight, outside influences threatening to pull the band apart in insidious ways, differences of opinion regarding equipment, transportation issues to and from gigs, limited income and much more.

One of the key factors in forming a band and getting it off the ground is a dedication to forward movement. When rehearsals seem bogged down with the prospect of a steep learning curve and snags of other kinds, it is vital to think positive and keep going.

How many stories have we heard of bands—whose music we loved—who simply could not tolerate each other off stage and ultimately split up? Musicians can be great players, but if their oversized egos just serve to disrupt the fragile solidarity of other band members trying to form a cohesive unit, they can ultimately destroy the band. The key is to assemble musicians who work well with each other, and can therefore make great music together. i have to say the maestro did a great job in that aspect.

It's useful to have a pivotal band member or leader, accepted by the other members of the group, and under whose direction the band can gel—someone who simply harmonizes well with everyone and can help to promote an atmosphere of tolerance and equilibrium. i can tell you that the maestro fits that Desciption perfectly. That in itself is a key ingredient for that success we’re talking about.

Everyone needs their say, but "too many cooks"...you know the rest. Someone needs to take charge, but not dictatorially. A band, like any group, needs to coalesce in an atmosphere of reasonable tolerance and mutual respect. Every band member needs to be recognized.

In closing, “Music” when its elements rest on a solid foundation, stands a much better chance of evolving to inspiration on stage. Successful performances are made up of many ordinary factors which have taken their due time to work themselves out.

“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand”.
by Carlo Cheveux.

these are 10 simple rules I think any groups should follow..
1. Respect yourself
2. Be able to work together. there is no "I" in a group
3. Practice, practice, practice!
4. Be on time
5. Don't Blame! Take responsibility
6. Choose the Right Songs
7. Be yourself
8. Never too comfortable
9. Be humble
10. Love and Trust Yourself

I HOPE YOU DONT MIND I ANWERED UR QUESTION IN ENGLISH.. AND PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH.. YES MY ANSWER COULD have BEEN LONGER CAUSE THE QUESTION IS VAGUE... SO I ANSWERED IT THE WAY I THINK IT IS FIT FOR ME.... WHEN I ANSWER A QUESTION, I PUT MY HEART OUT.. AND I MEAN WHAT I SAY.

I HOPE I DO NOT OFFEND ANYBODY IN THE PROCESS ....
AYA MAN"

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

IsaacKompa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a very good read. This guy just lays the blueprint for HMI bands to succeed. Thanks for sharing Pat and Carlo. Wish you continued success with your band.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very well articulated....
kudos, Carlo!

Ernst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: KLASS' CARLO CHEVEUX REVEALS SECRET TO GROUP'S SUCCES + Reply with quote Back to top

He gives us more than we bargain 4. Great piece

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always ask myself why is it that the not so well-spoken people are always the mouthpieces for bands and the ones that can articulate themselves are always the quiet ones that you rarely hear from.

Enjoyed this read...even if down the road some members in Klass make their exit for egos or more spotlight, etc. They have a really good philosophical foundation that should sustain them not to mention failed experiences to refer to.

I am impressed.

NathanIam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said my brother...

michoulove

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
I always ask myself why is it that the not so well-spoken people are always the mouthpieces for bands and the ones that can articulate themselves are always the quiet ones that you rarely hear from.

Enjoyed this read...even if down the road some members in Klass make their exit for egos or more spotlight, etc. They have a really good philosophical foundation that should sustain them not to mention failed experiences to refer to.

I am impressed.

So am I KC, to say the least. Very well articulated Carlo!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gin neg ki ka panse se cheveux Carlo genyen selman lan tet li, eh bien li chave ak brain tou.
great read my brother.
bagay klasik net.

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Sanrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pi Bon ke sa ou gate li

Great job man!

lovingyou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BON BAGAGAY.COM
SANBLE KLASS LA GEN YON BON FONDASYON

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: