Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HMI MANAGERS TODAY DON'T COMPARE TO PAST ONES SAYS..........
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HMI MANAGERS TODAY DON'T COMPARE TO PAST ONES SAYS..........

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: HMI MANAGERS TODAY DON'T COMPARE TO PAST ONES SAYS.......... Reply with quote Back to top

PIERROT AL-KHAL is quite vocal when it comes to the roles he thinks that the HMI band managers of today are doing compared to past ones. He should know because he's walked these shoes.

PIERROT: "You know what I call managers of today? TRESORIERS. All that most of them do is sit in front of a computer or waiting by the phone POU YO JERE KOB JAZ LA. Nothing more. Back in the days when I used to manage, a manager used to do more than that. You spoke for the band/artists. You were on the radio promoting/pushing the band on your own radio show. I used to have one radio show and all I did was play MY BAND on there. I was out there doing many different things at a time. You never really used to see the artists out like that...except on the stage when it was time for them to perform.

Many managers of today don't understand all the effort that they must put in order to keep pushing the business. It's all about JERE DAT AK KOB JAZ LA and that's it. It's much more than that. The band managers of today CAN'T compare to the ones from the past."

KM!

dejwe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we can agree to disagree on that because that is one of the reason we are still here. The business have change and now we want to see the artist because right now it is more visual then anything .perfect example beyonce drop a album entitle visual with 12 videos that tells you everything. have you ever heard of their managers? or do you even know who their managers are. That is actually the role of the manager you manage the business ou jere kob fe kontwol make sure everything is running liek a well oil machine. it's the star who does the work with promoting and connect with the fans etc. perfect example is Jessie a pioneer in this business ou pa janm tande li nan fe interview ap pale anpil de jazz li paske c pa role li

joudre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ebyen si yo se tresorier.. Kisa DOF CHANCY ye menm??? Laughing Laughing

Pierrot.. Your sister get praises for the pitbull that she is all the time!
Unless you're saying that she is a tresorier as well!

dalida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joudre wrote:
Ebyen si yo se tresorier.. Kisa DOF CHANCY ye menm??? Laughing Laughing

Pierrot.. Your sister get praises for the pitbull that she is all the time!
Unless you're saying that she is a tresorier as well!

Laughing Laughing What I like about this though, is the fact that Pierrot ap mande pou yo remesie'l on lot kote, on lot kote, l'ap minize travay lot moun. Bien ke Manager Jodi yo nan on sans rann mizisyen gen plis success economikman..

Menm prop se'l li mete ladann tou just I think,to boost his managerial Skills..
Classic.

cuttableman21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pierrot needs to understand that, in his time the work of a manager was three times more than what it is now, because of the absence of technology in the marketplace. Back in the days,a band's manager or artist would have to sacrifice themselves tremendously in order to get more exposure,and that required a lot of ground work.

Nowadays, technology has facilitated the managers with a most convenient platform to expose their bands or artists with less nuisance. Not only members of the bands are also helping the bands by connecting with fans all over the world through their social media pages,even the fans are helping in that category too by sharing pictures,music videos and all sort of promotional materials that deem to be very helpful.It becomes a "All hands on deck" type of position for the most part. However, a high level of management skills is required to make certain that the band can function efficiently.

nan tan Pierro a, misye patap fe travay yon manager selman, misye t ap fe job radyoman,Publicist,avek pwomote. Jis paske misye te konn fe tout sa yo pa vle sa yo se deskripsyon responsabilite yon manager.Se menm jan yon management team yon djaz ka gen dezoutwa manager menm si yo vle. Yon road manager avek yon general manager si li posib.

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Epok yo chanje...

Now it's reality tv era. Fans wanna feel that they can reach you or (somewhat) know your world. At the same time, the manager shouldn't just book the band. He has to make sure that the venues are good for upcoming events, deposit la fèt, fiche technique djaz la, promotion, etc... I think it's awesome that we can chat with our musicians via facebook or instagram. It's also very good promo...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: