KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

"I did it for me..." -- Heisenberg. What an ending

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seby85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: "I did it for me..." -- Heisenberg. What an ending Reply with quote Back to top

It was sad saying goodbye to what was in my opinion one of the greatest TV shows in history. What a satisfying an bittersweet ending to a great saga. In my opinion, the most remarkable part of the final episode was when Walt/Heisenberg confessed to Skyler that that he by large made his whole journey into the volatile world of meth cooking, crime, and deception for self-aggrandisement purposes. In a way, Walter White has been dying a metaphorical slow death over the course of the show. He only begun to live when Heisenberg started to take over. At the end, when Walt was closer to his death due to his terminal cancer, he was more alive than ever because of Heisenberg. Consequently, once Heisenberg has run its course and could no longer function, i think Walt was happy to have died as Heisenberg than to have continued living as Walter Whiter.

Please share your thoughts on "Breaking Bad" or any other shows that might fancy you.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good ending in the sense that most loose ends were tied. I thought the ending was a bit safe though, including his sudden remorse (it was all about me) and the way he died, not suicide, not through Jesse's vengeance, not in a blaze of glory against the DEA, but through a faceless mechanical contraption. Meh!

But taken together, the season was great and the series was fantastic!

Seby85

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
Good ending in the sense that most loose ends were tied. I thought the ending was a bit safe though, including his sudden remorse (it was all about me) and the way he died, not suicide, not through Jesse's vengeance, not in a blaze of glory against the DEA, but through a faceless mechanical contraption. Meh!

But taken together, the season was great and the series was fantastic!

It was a safe yet satisfying. However, with respect to his revelation, I don't think it was so sudden. I think Walt/Heisenburg was always doing it for himself. The family was always second.

PIYO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was never a TV show kind of Guy. "Soprano" and mostly "The Wire" got me hook for some time. Nothing Else did it for me Until I tried "Mad Men" Last Year. Boardwork Empire is another great show. After that nothing else can actualy glue me on chair beside the knicks and Fifa playstation. Wify even tried to get me on Scandal but, dont know, watching a very inteligent Black woman legitimising or acting as a mistress kinda annoy me.

Breaking Bad Commencials have always left me with the vibe of some guy playing tricks with chemicals. I never actually gave it a try, but more people are telling it's a great show. With no more Boardwalk Empire, I am gonna try couple episodes this weekend.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: