Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - SUAV MIZIK HAS GOT A BELIEVER IN NY HMI CLUB OWNER BLANDINE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SUAV MIZIK HAS GOT A BELIEVER IN NY HMI CLUB OWNER BLANDINE!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: SUAV MIZIK HAS GOT A BELIEVER IN NY HMI CLUB OWNER BLANDINE! Reply with quote Back to top

1) Blandine, what made you decide to choose SUAV MIZIK out of all the bands that you could have tried to go for, to represent them in NY?
BLANDINE: "Well the band had been asking me for months to bring them to my club for a performance and/or represent them. I was quite relucant because of all my other commitments. During a business trip to Miami last fall, Patrick invited me to hear the band play live at a club in West Palm Beach. I have to say after hearing them play I was sold. They reminded me of my cousin's band, Tabou Combo, with their distinct Kompa Direct sound but they also infuse it with a contemporary sound that is appealing to a younger generation. Everyone at the club started dancing once they hit the stage and that when I decided I would support them and bring them to my club."

2) But it seems that u r going deeper with this group. You are representing them, instead of just bringing them to your club. Is that correct?
BLANDINE: "Yes, that is correct! I am going supporting them a bit more because I like their potential. But that doesn't mean I won't and don't support my NY bands as well. I have helped U-Turn and Ekzotic many times and will continue to support them when I can."

3) Is it safe to say that in your opinion, in about 1/2 years, you see this band being among the top bands in the hmi?
BLANDINE: "Well, I am not about to make bold statements about the band's long-term position in the market. All I can say is that if they work hard and continue to create and play great music, they have as much of a chance as any band to make it. Only time will tell if they have the endurance, passion and commitment to make it work."

4) What can the fans expect at the party this weekend for Suav Mizik's show?
BLANDINE: "They can expect to dance and hear music that moves them. I heard this band play in Florida and they really have a nice melody about them."

KM!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am a believer myself, i really wish they do great up there
that band got next

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Neglky1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yon bon ti jazz

Mr FRED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo te met tou chanje nom jazz la rele'l blandine mizik, si telman jazz sa gin blandine ladan'l
Bon ti band

Deutch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SUAV MIZIK ...BON BAGAY NET

DJAZZ SA JWE KOMPA KOU BET...

NICE MOUN BLANDINE...OU PAP REGRET SA..TI MESYE JWE BON KOMPA BEL DJAZ...

CONGRATS BOTH TEAM......

*** LOBE'Y LA PRAN LARI ***

*** MWEN KANPE AN DIFISIL SOU GRIMEL YO***

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr FRED wrote:
Yo te met tou chanje nom jazz la rele'l blandine mizik, si telman jazz sa gin blandine ladan'l
Bon ti band

ou pa manti non, Miami ak nouyok Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

kompared

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the interview Pat and Blandine.

This band has a lot of potential. They do play really well live.

I wish them Luck for their first NYC trip...!!! Very Happy Very Happy

THEREALME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bon suav mizik son sel bagay li manke yon aktionč tankou untel epi djaz la allé.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: