KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LA NUIT DES JEUNES: A MAJOR WINNER LAST NIGHT!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: LA NUIT DES JEUNES: A MAJOR WINNER LAST NIGHT! Reply with quote Back to top

SCORE A MAJOR VICTORY for JAZZ ENTERPRISE last night in New York.

Their "La Nuit des Jeunes" was sold out and STILL had a loooooot of people standing outside that could not get in. That's a sign of success, and also a sign that they need to move on to a bigger venue next year.

The lineup was superb. The TIMING in terms of the time that the bands were supposed to GET ON STAGE and GET OFF STAGE was EXCELLENT. All in all it was a very well organized event.

I am extremely happy for the guys behind it EVENS BLAISE and GARY MOSUL...TWO EXTREMELY GOOD GUYS who certainly have a WINNER of a festival in their hands.

Next year, we expect a BIGGER VENUE, MORE BANDS, and the same professionalism that they upheld last night...something that I am very proud to say that I was happy to be a part of.

Stay tuned for MORE on the LA NUIT DES JEUNES event from last night in New York city.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: En Effet Congratulations Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Evens Blaise, Garry Mozule and the whole staff.
Petit Papa Noel est descendu du ciel boneeeeeeeeerrr annee ca.

But musically a big disappointment for me (OPINION PA'M)

CARIMI....

NU LOOK...

Map vini sou do pied'n.

Pat, kom nou di Magnum Band pap jwe sa mwen tap fai dehors, Evens ak Garry ki mete'm dehor. Neg sa yo se neg serieux yo ye.

Happy to see El Numero Ron
Kompadiva
Fanmkonese (tank sa manje duri)
Joanna and Pipirite (Brodeur ya ak cuileur l red nan pongnet li, li barbancour li verset)
Yanvaloo (Yanva le'm gran mwen vle vi'n meme jan avek ou, map ht echelle pa'm tou)
Celestin (Neg 4 chemin parey mwen)
Ti Mak
Haitian Goddes

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was doubtful about the success of this event. Good to hear all went well. Kudos to Jaz Enterprise!

I'm waiting for a review of the bands' performance...

Sanrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Danm I missed a great show last night.

Congrats to all!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stay tuned for VIDEO FOOTAGE from "LA NUIT DES JEUNES" on KM/KREYOL TV later today.

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick don't feel to bad it may have been a GREAT turnout but to say it was a great show would not be accurate in my opinion.

I only got to see Nu-Look and T-Vice perform and while I think Nu-Look did very well T-Vice on the other had some technical problems that seem to annoy Roberto very much and it showed. They only sang three songs and I think if were up to the organizers they would have only sung 2 songs.

All in all I am happy for Jaz Entertainment.

I am curious to find out how CaRiMi performed, so if any one would like to share I am all ears or in this case all eyes.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will not give a song by song review, I will tell you guys what I did not like.
Jean Raymond's magic was not at Amazura last night, mwen pa kon'n ki bo li te ye. So much that I don't think they needed the drummer last night.
Who should we blame for that sound?

The guys look uckward on that big stage, I am waiting to see the video to confirm... The girls were very hot for Richard's song, that was really lovely.

NU Look, very nice, beautiful band, your repertoire is ZERO BARE, WRONG, pOOR CHOICE OF MUSIC for this setting.

The first song was awesome, that reallly got the people up jumping and then the next song entere yo. GEEEEEEEE.

One thing though Ralph and Laporte really are in sync they play beautifully well together. Sometimes I feel Gazman needs to have something else to do. Maybe se pou yo bal ou Tcha Tcha as was said previously on this board. I understand why people say Nu Look ap manje nan fanatik System yo. Les grands Depenseurs te la en force last night...
Mesdames Boston yo meme a la de misere mezanmi...Koulanget...
J'ai vu des gladiateurs, mwen we Django, mwen we shaolin, meme Lee Van Cliff te la. lol

The Ban Deye is a swiss time machine. They are very good. Then come Felder ( Neg sa se 95 all the way li fe, li pa nan fai Pele sel bagay machine li ap bay gazz and I love that)

With their choice of songs Nu Look can't compete with the big guys. Maybe they should play in Weddings more often. Mwen we Lariviere vle tounen Luther Vandross haitien.

T Vice mwen te gentan jete'm, too much noise for one night.

For the sound, the last time I heard good sound at Amazura was for Dozz grand premiere...

joana205

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First I would like to congratulate Jazz Enterprise on their professionalism and on a job well done. Security was really tight all fights were handled rapidly.

I was not happy about the performances at all. Although I only caught the last two carimi songs I was not moved by their performances I only kind of enjoyed the Are you ready song from them. First I must say that I did not like the lineup and Nu look was the only band I was looking forward to and what a big disappointment. First song was ok then they just killed their entire set with the song selections. I felt that the musicians were not in synch and it became really chaotic and boring.

T-vice always complaining as usual and a very disappointing perfomance could not get into them either.

In my opinion organization wise this party was a success. Performance wise I was disappointed.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

joana205
Quote:
In my opinion organization wise this party was a success. Performance wise I was disappointed.

Well said. Nu-look really need to work on the songs Selection for different event. I did enjoy them big time. But yo Kraze Groove mwen couple of time.

Carimi could have been a lil better took the sound man a While to get them going (sound wise)

Tvice : HMPHHHHHHHhhhhhhh i know i could have been much Better. But Kanaval la te Reddddddddddddddddddddddd.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sanrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After reading these reviews, I did not miss much.

Thanks for the reviews

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: