KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

AGE FACTOR CAN BE AN ISSUE FOR THIS BAND (UNDERCOVER)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: AGE FACTOR CAN BE AN ISSUE FOR THIS BAND (UNDERCOVER) Reply with quote Back to top

Why is one of the top promoters in the HMI having second thoughts about a well known HMI band who wants to make an impact in the business BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THE PROMOTER, the group DROPPED THE BALL in terms of "LA JEUNESSE" because the singer is in the promoter's words "UP THERE IN TERMS OF AGE". PROMOTER A DI KE CHANTEU A GIN TWOP LAJ SOU TET LI....and then he gave me names of bands on the artist's resume BACK IN THE DAYS IN HAITI, to illustrate his point.

PROMOTEU A DI KE SA KA YON PWOBLEM POU JAZ LA AVANSE NAN HMI LA.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pa dim se djazz moso boutey
mwen an

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dafo-One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A SA A SE DISIP POU LI YE LOLLLL.

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JU TOMAT....

Look at the fliers above about the Labor Day weekend and tell me which one of the singers above is in their 20s....Tell me...NO I WILL TELL YOU THAT THE ANSWER IS NONE OF THEM....but still yo tout ap mennen according to the current HMI status...The age factor is NOT an issue this moment....se BOBINE...
Show me a band with a young singer that is more popular than any of those bands on the flier above...
Once again...se MUZIK se pa LAJ atis la....se MUZIK se pa COULEUR atis la....
Tabou/Kassav just pack the Parc Canne A Sucre just this past Friday....but remember that Ti Micky - Karzma and others young artists played for tables and chairs at Amazura on a well advertized show...do I need to say more about age and young singers......
Mwen bouke ak FO PWOBLEM sa yo...paske FACTS yo la...and I will continue to prove them....

KonpaKontak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STaFF PoZé wrote:
JU TOMAT....

Look at the fliers above about the Labor Day weekend and tell me which one of the singers above is in their 20s....Tell me...NO I WILL TELL YOU THAT THE ANSWER IS NONE OF THEM....but still yo tout ap mennen according to the current HMI status...The age factor is NOT an issue this moment....se BOBINE...
Show me a band with a young singer that is more popular than any of those bands on the flier above...
Tabou/Kassav just pack the Parc Canne A Sucre just this past Friday....but remember that Ti Micky - Karzma and others young artists played for tables and chairs at Amazura on a well advertized show...do I need to say more about age and young singers......
Mwen bouke ak FO PWOBLEM sa yo...paske FACTS yo la...and I will continue to prove them....

Staff, I would say the problem remains with these promoters who can't think outside the box. Look at Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones, the guy looks like he is 100 years old but they still pack stadium all over the world. Look at Kassav, most of them are in their 50's and they are still rocking; it's about how good your music rather than age. The HMI is different I guess. It is an "a l'envers business" or "business a l'envers". Most of our promoters and musicians don't understand the industry that they are in.

Mr FRED

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KonpaKontak wrote:
STaFF PoZé wrote:
JU TOMAT....

Staff, I would say the problem remains with these promoters who can't think outside the box. Look at Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones, the guy looks like he is 100 years old but they still pack stadium all over the world. Look at Kassav, most of them are in their 50's and they are still rocking; it's about how good your music rather than age. The HMI is different I guess. It is an "a l'envers business" or "business a l'envers". Most of our promoters and musicians don't understand the industry that they are in.

Unqualified promoters is the biggest curse of the Hmi,

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pi gro problem HMI la, se 2,3 grenn neg ki gen 2 goud lan main yo kap fe program epi yo rele tet yo promote
se yo ki ekspe se yo ki fe et defe....
StaffPoze rantre fomote sa kou fo kob
Arrow
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Da Partnerz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that the definition of the HMI is Haitian Malfunction Industry.. Thanks to these so call promotors..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: